Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 11:39:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rossi For Le Mans, Maybe?  (Read 3193 times)
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2009, 06:41:43 am »

Apologies is this has already been posted, but if it hasn't I thought folk might be interested:

ROME, Nov 20 (Reuters) - MotoGP world champion Valentino Rossi was relishing the prospect of competing in his first endurance car race after Friday's practice with the Kessel team in a Ferrari 430 GT3.

"In the first session I focused on getting to grips with the commands of the car, which is really quick," Rossi told the website of the Vallelunga track near Rome (www.vallelunga.it), where he will take part in a six-hour race on Sunday.

"In the second I started to step on it and I really enjoyed myself trying to get the set-up right.

"We haven't studied the right strategies for the race yet, but I'm really excited about the tussle in store."

The 30-year-old Italian, who has won nine motorcycling world titles, is no stranger to competition on four wheels.

He has taken part in many rallies and has not completely ruled out one day racing for Ferrari in Formula One after turning down the chance three years ago following promising tests.

(Reporting by Paul Virgo; Editing by Alison Wildey
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 02:31:16 pm »

Could be interesting, his high profile and financial clout would certainly be good for GT racing, mainly from heightened media interest worldwide.

Swathes of yellow on the terraces at LM?
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:18:42 pm »

And was there talk of Kimi possibly doing Le Mans if he doesn't find a drive.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 08:04:20 pm »

Well, Rossi did pretty respectably for his first sportscar race. 11th overall and 3rd in his class, in spite of numerous mechanical gremlins and unscheduled pit stops.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/154888/1/rossi_third_in_class_on_sportscar_debut.html
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 06:58:22 pm »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80683

Rossi has decided that Le Mans is not for him this year, but the good news is a that Alessi is coming back!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 12:39:00 pm »

And was there talk of Kimi possibly doing Le Mans if he doesn't find a drive.
And the new Le Mans magazine suggests that Alesi may drive a red car in GT2.  Old F1 drivers never die they just....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: