Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 02:11:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The I'm Back thread  (Read 43243 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 05:30:37 pm »

Arrived home safe, which my liver is very pleased about, as is the poor old Xantia, which was caned to an inch of its life.
Still to attend to:
Unpack car
Beer
Bath
Family duties Wink
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 05:35:15 pm »

Arrived home safe, which my liver is very pleased about, as is the poor old Xantia, which was caned to an inch of its life.
Still to attend to:
Unpack car
Beer
Beer
Unpack car
Bath
Family duties Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 05:38:26 pm »

Still to attend to:
Unpack car
Beer
Bath
Family duties Wink

Welcome back.

Did you & your liver travel together or did it need separate transport in its currently enlarged state?  Grin

Landman/Paul

Crouch..........bind..........set
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 07:12:43 pm »

Great weekend, my poor broken body is very pleased to be home and in my nice comfy bed.
Thanks to all, especially Paddy and the DFH crew, top guys. The Baguettes and Vinnini's Vice were excellent, was also very proud of Brad's rendition of My Girl, he had actually stayed sober to about 2pm to make sure he got it right for Marius - did anybody get a video if it? I'd like his mum to see it.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 07:52:22 pm »

Got back by 1 am last night. Drove 7 hours for 600 km, thanks to the terrible traffic round Paris.  3 hours to cross the Ring there, it's a freakin' nightmare. 

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 08:02:41 pm »

Just got back and emptied car into yard to pack away. Great week, great race, excellent company but for some reason it flew over. Glad JPC is ok, Jimmy (Liverpool Boys) has been collected from hospital and is ok (apart from he's 50% proof). Nearly hit the concrete centre barrier on the way home at about 80 by falling asleep but a death scream from Wayne and him grabbing the wheel saved the day. Could'nt possibly fall asleep again with the smell of sh*t in the car after that.

Thanks to The Liverpool Boys for the hospitality and to DfH and JPC for Friday night. What a night.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:06:29 pm by Stu » Logged
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 08:44:20 pm »

Could'nt possibly fall asleep again with the smell of sh*t after that.

Sounds like HA Sud Friday night Grin Grin
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 10:09:20 pm »

Just got in, unpacked car, opened letter from tax man, opened beer - maybe I should have done the last two in reverse order!

Great meeting up with everyone again, had a brilliant time and managed to stay pretty much sober most of the week - with the obvious exclusion of DfH Friday Night which is a bit of a haze.

F

tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 11:43:05 pm »

Estimated arrival: Monday 0400
Arrival: Monday 1900

Left HA at 1800, flat tyre in front of the showers. No spare wheel, just a Tyre Fit can. Used that stuff and it looked good. Tyre flat again before the Le Mans péage. No chance anymore, Tyre Fit already used, so called service and got towed to Savigny Le something. A small garage, but he had no tyres there and his machine to put tyres on rims was too old to handle modern 17" alloy wheels with 215/45's on them. No other chance than to spend the night there.
The town's pub already closed, a hotel available, but some sort of country club. He told me a room would cost 150-200€. Divided by two as I had a mate with me and the insurance paying 60€ per person it seemed worth it. I asked him to call them if there's a room free. It was, but as it was some sort of Ferrari and Aston Martin clubs staying there - one night 750€ Shocked
Spend the night in the car then, not able to put the back of the seat down as we were fully loaded. Never slept that good Roll Eyes
Took the wheel off at 8am as promised then today and the friendly garage men drove me to Le Mans Point S shop. Got a Michelin fitted for 200€ (160 tyre + mounting), back to the garage and as he promised me sunday evening I was able to leave at 10am.
Easy ride, through Paris at noon with low traffic, stopped at McD in Belgium and 5pm at Aachen to kick my mate out of the car Grin
Another 2h to my hometown then...

A nice experience and I damn this Tyre Fit stuff. Looked all fine following the Tyre Fit short instruction guide, we done all right, but questioning ourselves and having nothing to do at Savigny I had a look in the car's manual and it said there must be 1,3 bar left in the tyre so that the mousse can work. Sadly it was also the side of the tyre damaged which doesn't work either.
I don't but a new can of mousse, I put one of my winter wheels in now.

Never the less, it was great - even more so with a such a nice campsite like HA and such nice british lads all around

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 12:36:27 am »

Just fallen through the door, said hello to the Mrs and now off to bed. Fantastic 6 days away. great DFH party, roll on 09 Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 12:41:24 am »

We're back too, unpacked car, stuffed the trailer in the garage - off to bed!   
DickieAttwood
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 12:47:09 am »

Hi all.

Our little group just got back minus the Ford Focus... We travelled by various means

1. Ford Focus to Rouen
2. Train to France
2. M.A.N. Flatbed recovery truck
3. Mercedes to Hotel
3. Legs to Rouen Gare, collect Alfa 147
4. Alfa 147 collect gear from broken Focus, continue to LM
5. Return 147 to Calais pm today
6. Sea France boat to Dover
7. Collect Zafira, drop it at Aldershot tomorrow.

Mate Nige awaits news on Focus repair and will fly to Rouen to drive Focus back.

Planning for next year already, Can't wait!! Our thanks go to our neighbours, the Independant Corvette Owners who ensured we got no sleep at all.

Best wishes all

D.A.

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money. The sh1t has hit the fan.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 01:16:32 am »

Back home safe and sound. The frogeye limped back the last 100 miles but as usual delivered me home unscathed.
Those of you who were there know how fantastic it was. Those of you who weren't probably remember from how good it was when you were last there.
Many thanks to everybody for making it great. Especially Steve Brown for sorting out the tickets (again). Termie for organising such a great drive through the French countryside and my fellow camping and Bagnole mates.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 01:56:18 am »

Not long arrived back home after a wonderful weekend. Nearly got caught up in a French lorry driver's protest on the N12 on the way to Roscoff but managed to avoid it - feel sorry for those in the miles of traffic that we saw because of it.

Glad to hear that Neil got his genny back and that the scumbags were caught. Shame that their actions would have maybe spoilt other's enjoyment. Just cracked open a bottle of Scotland's finest to celebrate my birthday before returning to work later tomorrow (sorry today, just realised the time).

Thanks to Wishy, Skorpio (and Mrs. Skorpio) Neil, Douglas & co. for a great brunch on Saturday morning and for their company. Looking forward to next year already.

Oh - and many thanks to Tom for the new ticket holder. Unexpected, but just in time as the old one was falling apart at the seams.

Pete B.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:51:59 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 03:03:47 am »

Well the thing I want to know is did the glorious green goddess that is the Commer make it to the holy lands and back? We await a full report with baited (and slightly garlicy) breath.

Suffice to say to whet your appetite that, indeed, the Commer made the annual pilgrimage there, with plenty of tales to enjoy - I will leave it to the man himself to make the full report of the trials and tribulations of the journey down to La Sarthe, in his own eloquent style.   As to the journey back, I have not yet heard......

MG Mark

Well, I can tell you we're back safely with the grand old lady, no tow trucks were required to get us home, although I was flat on my back at the roadside an hour ago clearing another blockage in the fuelpipe. Rouen was good value, we had an early night, in bed by half three!

So so tired, I'm giddy with fatigue. Thanks to all, full sports report later in the week, but too tired now. I need to be up and out the house by seven tomorrow, so what the hell am I doing wasting sleep time typing this?

Arriva derci pedro!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: