Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 08:16:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to be involved in the race  (Read 6337 times)
amazing43
« on: April 21, 2004, 08:34:00 am »

Would You like to be involved at Le Mans rather than just a spectator?
We are looking for suitable people to be a Le Mans uncle or aunt. To do so you must have a full driving licence and have a very good knowledge of the city of Le Mans, i.e. be able to get guests to the events in the city and the hypermarket and have ideas on where suitable restaurants are in the city. At the circuit you must have a  knowledge of how to get to vantage points around the circuit on race day. If you think you are interested please reply to
peteratclubarnage@btconnect.com

“Le Mans Uncle”

In brief the Le Mans Uncle or Aunt for that matter is a guest host. Not one to organise food or accommodation but rather someone with a wide knowledge of the Le Mans race and the events in the city associated with the race. The Le Mans Uncle would insure your guests would receive the knowledge and guidance so that they gained the most complete experience with you at the race as possible. A Le Mans uncle could be allocated to a team for any period during the race from a few hours through to a complete week.

Given that there is plenty of scope for our usual brands of humour,  but that this is a serious post, I'll be editing replies to keep them on topic. Smokie
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 09:46:50 am by smokie » Logged
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 10:21:31 am »

Aawww Smokie....
As I started to scan further and further down this post my head began to swim and pulse started to quicken. Words like neices and nephews, phrases like 'come sit on my knee' and 'drink that, it'll do you no harm' were already taking shape till I got to your footnote.
Alas, I think it could all end in tears, so I better stop now.
Isn't the thrill of discovery part of the excitement?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 10:38:11 am »

Where's the catch? What's wrong with these so-called "guests". My best guess is that it must be a weekend outing from a home for bewildered old folk. Otherwise, what kind of people are they that can't find the Carrefour unaided? After all, it is but a couple of hundred yards from the curcuit and so far as I can recall, is quite clearly marked "Carrefour" on the outside. Not too much scope for confision there one would have thought. What other sort of events will they need guiding to? A 24-hour beetle drive in the city centre?

Will the ability to change incontinence pants be an pre-requistite? Will I have to bring my own dribble cloths? Will they smell of piss and boiled sweets? Will I have to talk to them in a loudly patronising voice? Who's the Prime Minister, deary?

Smokie, I know you said you'll moderate this, but I'm trying to raise some pretty serious questions here.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 10:44:15 am »

Would You like to be involved at Le Mans rather than just a spectator?
We are looking for suitable people to be a Le Mans uncle or aunt. To do so you must have a full driving licence and have a very good knowledge of the city of Le Mans, i.e. be able to get guests to the events in the city and the hypermarket and have ideas on where suitable restaurants are in the city. At the circuit you must have a  knowledge of how to get to vantage points around the circuit on race day. If you think you are interested please reply to
peteratclubarnage@btconnect.com

“Le Mans Uncle”

In brief the Le Mans Uncle or Aunt for that matter is a guest host. Not one to organise food or accommodation but rather someone with a wide knowledge of the Le Mans race and the events in the city associated with the race. The Le Mans Uncle would insure your guests would receive the knowledge and guidance so that they gained the most complete experience with you at the race as possible. A Le Mans uncle could be allocated to a team for any period during the race from a few hours through to a complete week.

Given that there is plenty of scope for our usual brands of humour,  but that this is a serious post, I'll be editing replies to keep them on topic. Smokie

Do I really need to apply or am I automatically considered as a potential applicant ?  Cheesy

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 10:47:41 am »

Maybe the term 'nurse maid' would be better than 'uncle'.  Do these people need their nether parts wiping (or is that wipping? - or even whipping ??).

I'll have 19 others with me in my group, some of which are LM virgins and will expect some 'guidance' from me, so I'll have my hands full.

Thus, I will decline this offer.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 12:03:57 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 12:01:47 pm »

I'm guessing that this is a hospitality type thing by the ACO. It mentions teams somewhere doesn't it? I wonder if there is any payment, or exactly how much commitment there is?

Anyway, my own position is that 1) I don't know enough and 2) it's a week's holiday for me!

S'funny, amongst others, I had H in mind when I amended the top post ...and who was first to reply?  Smiley
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 12:04:36 pm »

S'funny, amongst others, I had H in mind when I amended the top post ...and who was first to reply?  Smiley

Right every time Smokie  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 02:00:33 pm »

I have 5 LM virgins in my group this year, so i will be busy, plus i havent any idea about what happens in the town.

Now i could make someone available for the exchange of a pit pass / photographers pass!! ( quite serious )

Take life by the horns and live it.
amazing43
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 10:00:52 pm »

This is a serious message, we are looking for people who might be interested in helping one of the teams with hosting. The person/s involved would be part of the club arnage team and would have the requisite passes. It would involve looking after guests, taking them out to other parts of the circuit. In general the guests would be connected with sponsors of the team. it would not be pouring drinks a we can get a dumb blonde to do that if needed. It would require a professional approach and would probably be only for the race period. The Hosts would have the pre race period to get to know the team and see how they operate from the inside. It would be a unique opportunity to view the race from a different perspective.
I can be reached this evening or tomorrow Thursday evening on 01579 343 025
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 10:09:22 pm »

Peter.

i would love to have a go, but i really dont feel that
1) I know enough about the race
2) I have 5 new people in my group this year, and it would be un-fare to leave them alone
3) I could only support a British racing team, its a pride thing

My co-driver may be interested, but he is a very keen photographer, hence the "passes" question

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 11:34:59 pm »

Hmmm does sound interesting although not convinced the wife would be impressed if I abandoned her!

Mind you not sure I know enough to be a Host.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 01:53:28 am »

Peter

I am sorry, i was extremely busy at work today and wasnt able to call you. You have an e mail from me, so reply and i will try to call you .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: