Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 12:40:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jos Verstapen confirmed drive  (Read 7676 times)
Jon King
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2009, 10:57:28 am »

Jos Verstapen confirmed drive with Aston Martin Racing(Prodrive)

http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/05/20/verstappen-confirms-aston-martin-racing-deal/

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:08:56 am »

Yep, I hope for the pride of Aston Martin that he doesn't put it in the barriers!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:48:12 am »

Don't think he crashed last year, and if I remember correctly did a good job.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 11:54:57 am »

Don't think he crashed last year, and if I remember correctly did a good job.

I think is his 'attitude and character' that people object too, rather than his driving ability.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:19:46 pm »

Oh crap not that asshole again  Angry

The worst thing about Verstappen is not even his lousy "attitude or character" but his fans, thankfully the announcement is made rather late so the army of orange clad numpties won't make it to la Sarthe  Grin

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 12:25:32 pm »

That's what you think! I think the phones at rtlgptravelservice is ringing of the hook as of today. Thank god the won't be able to camp, because of the late timing.

He can surely push the throttle, sometimes a bit to much. His attitude is surely not one of his best assets, and then I put it mildly. But i will be rooting for AM this year, regardless of who drives for them, it's time a real car snatches the title again, not one of the oil-burning tractors.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 12:47:23 pm »

That's what you think! I think the phones at rtlgptravelservice is ringing of the hook as of today. Thank god the won't be able to camp, because of the late timing.
They'll probably offer the same "excellent" package as last year:

Saturday 03.00h Departure from Utrecht by bus
Saturday 13.00h Arrival at the Le Mans track
Sunday 16.00h Departure from Le Mans track
Monday 02.00h Arrival in Utrecht

No hotel, no camping, no place to sleep  Grin
He can surely push the throttle, sometimes a bit to much. His attitude is surely not one of his best assets, and then I put it mildly. But i will be rooting for AM this year, regardless of who drives for them, it's time a real car snatches the title again, not one of the oil-burning tractors.
I'm in limbo (pun intended) over this, I sure as hell would like an Aston to win and not a diesel but for now I'd rather see a diesel win than Jos The Toss Verstappen  Undecided
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 01:46:53 pm »

Well, there are 3 cars, and I'm waiting for the driver lineups to be announced, I'm hoping for 007 or 009 to be all English, presumably 008 will be all czech, and then the rest of the foreigners together.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:32:01 pm »

Well, there are 3 cars, and I'm waiting for the driver lineups to be announced, I'm hoping for 007 or 009 to be all English, presumably 008 will be all czech, and then the rest of the foreigners together.

Probably not unfortunately, at least if this entry list is accurate : http://www.planetlemans.com/le-mans-2009-le-mans-24-entry-list/

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 04:26:46 pm »

Oh crap not that asshole again  Angry

The worst thing about Verstappen is not even his lousy "attitude or character" but his fans, thankfully the announcement is made rather late so the army of orange clad numpties won't make it to la Sarthe  Grin

I wouldn't count on it ... they're like rats and come crawling out of the ground everywhere ...
I just hope he won't be on the 007 or 009 car so my gulf-coloured polo shirts don't pretend I'm Dutch  Grin

Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 04:59:55 pm »

I wouldn't count on it ... they're like rats and come crawling out of the ground everywhere ...
I just hope he won't be on the 007 or 009 car so my gulf-coloured polo shirts don't pretend I'm Dutch  Grin
Don't worry Belgians need more than a polo shirt to upgrade to Dutch  Grin

But I share your pain on the shirts, we had a great design ready for a shirt with the Aston 009 but now we won't have it printed until we know absolutely 100% sure that Verstappen is not in that car.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 10:26:58 am »

Don't worry Belgians need more than a polo shirt to upgrade to Dutch  Grin

But I share your pain on the shirts, we had a great design ready for a shirt with the Aston 009 but now we won't have it printed until we know absolutely 100% sure that Verstappen is not in that car.

I guess you'll might have to think again 'bout your shirts ...
AM has entered a third Gulf-car entered for LM, drivers : Davidson, Hall and Verstappen, car's number will be 008.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/05/20/aston-martin-to-run-three-cars-at-le-mans-24-hours/

(on the other hand : thank god it's 008 and not 007 or 009)

Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 10:30:07 am »

hmm, when i read correctly it states that correct configuation of the crews is to be confirmed at a later stage

i.e. they can mix the drivers
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 10:34:46 am »

I guess Davidson will replace Charouz on the 007 car, so the 008 car will be Charouz - Hall - Verstappen.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 04:06:43 pm »

Planetlemans are listing him in the 007 car with Turner and Davidson, but with the drivers can swop comment attached.

Charouz, Enge Mucke.      008
Hall, Primat, Ramos.         009
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:09:10 pm by Barry » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: