Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 06:02:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ok i need to ask for permision  (Read 2914 times)
NorwayNick

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:44:58 pm »

Ok just thought it would be nice to ask before i do it.

we make t-shirts for our gang everyyear and i just wanted to ask if it was ok to Put the Club Arnage logo on it some where as it makes it easier to identify us as forum users, plus its good to advertise the site.

Nick
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:03:21 pm »

You really need to email Grand Fromage and he's not always the easiest man to contact - I'd imagine it may (amongst other things) depend on what else you were putting on the tshirts? 

I would strongly suggest you do not go ahead and do this without consent.

(don't you just love it when someone brings along a lawyer  Grin)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 01:11:35 pm »

It's great that you want to associate yourself with Club Arnage Nick and help to spread the word about the site! What is your group/team name?

With regard to using the logo, I agree with Piglet. You'd really need to contact Grand Fromage and let him know what sort of t-shirt it will be and what other slogans/logos it may carry as this site has strong links with the ACO and many other organisations and teams that cannot afford to be jeapordised.

The other way to be recognised of course is to mention you group/team name on here so that people will recognise it when they see it! Or of course get the whole team to invest in a CA Polo shirt.

Make sure you all come along to the 'poo bar at 9.00pm on race night as well. It should be quite a gathering this year!

NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 01:36:58 pm »

we will defo make an apperance at the Poo bar this year, and you will find us under one of the few Norwegain Flags in MB.

The group name we have been using since my first trip in 1990 is TDB Racing, this goes back to 1989 when i used to race a capri for a couple of years, The group used to consist of many more people that attend now, but many have fallen away after getting married. So its just the hard core few now.

The t-shirt will just have a picture of one of the DB9s on it. And the Team Name but nothing else writen on it. Just thought to use the CA logo on the arm, but no worries if this is a complecated issue, i already have my name down for a polo shirt, which i will collect on arrival.

nick
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 01:43:46 pm »

The group used to consist of many more people that attend now, but many have fallen away after getting married.

All the more reason to attend surely Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 01:52:59 pm »

Of couse as JPC and Piglet say it's up to Grand Fromage. 

FWIW my thoughts are you shouldn't do it.   My reason for saying that is in the past all of the "Club Arnage" stuff Polos, Ts, Stickers and Lanyards has been available to all members of CA.  Of course most of the stuff is in short supply as it gets ordered early and many folks are not thinking about it at the time we're taking orders.

You currently have three items available that are CA Branded.  The Polo Shirts from JPC, Stickers from DelBoy and Lanyards from me.

May be Polo Shirts are not the thing if it's hot.  But you could apply the Small sticker to your ticket holder or get a CA Lanyard.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 04:31:26 pm »

May be Polo Shirts are not the thing if it's hot.  But you could apply the Small sticker to your ticket holder or get a CA Lanyard

Actually, you can wear the lanyard as a thong, it looks quite nice. Arranged with care, the plastic ticket holder covers up the parts that unfortunately most beers reach, and gives a rather gauche look to things. Also, you're guaranteed a bit of pandemonium and maybe a feinting when you get to your grandstand and the ticket needs inspecting.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 05:31:41 pm »

I agree that it's polite to ask first but we had this debate a couple of years ago when Chris 24 did some Club Arnage Aston Martin teeshirts to take to Sebring. I think the consensus was it was just about ok but Dave Davies really should be consulted.

Another word of warning on the lanyard-as-a-thong idea. There's a fatal flaw in the concept; the ticket holder is made of PVC and if you tuck the old fella in there in that humidity it'll steam up like a bastard, leading to a soggy ticket, upper scrotal chaffing and who knows what, gallopping balinitus if I'm not mistaken. Don't do it!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 06:04:54 pm »

if you tuck the old fella in there

Sacred Mother Theresa in Bruce Forsyths Rug!!!
I wasn't suggesting you force him in there, like a hamster going in backwards, what do you take me for for chrissakes? No, I had much more of a Roman Centurion look in mind, and on Sunday night you could fix lights to it.
Good god man, the poor old chap would be like the Cooler King in there.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: