Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 03:25:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMES 2007  (Read 9809 times)
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 03:52:05 pm »

From the team' perspective it isn't really a comfortable track maybe. But for the spectators and the drivers it's great.

Drinking for Holland
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 04:18:52 pm »

Loud speakers are worse than Silverstone!

Geoff, I have been to Silverstone so many times I've lost count and have very rarely been able to make head or tail of the noise that issues forth from the speaker system - with the exception of the Classics last year.  However in the three visits I have made to Donington the speaker system has been very good.  In fact it was so good for last year's Moto GP I thought I was going to go deaf.   Shocked

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
nickliv
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 09:07:01 pm »

Oulton Park?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 11:26:13 pm »

Oulton Park?
NOW you're talking!  Brought up at Old Hall.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 11:37:25 pm »

Oulton Park?
NOW you're talking!  Brought up at Old Hall.

That's my old stomping ground as well.  I lived for 10 years in Winsford, just 5 miles from Little Budworth (nearest village).

Wouldn't the circuit a bit narrow for LMS-type racing??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 08:44:40 am »

It bugs me that the amarican le mans series has got 9 rounds and LMES has only got 5.i think for next year they should have 7.
1. Monza
2.Istanbul
3.Brands Hatch
4.Nurburing
5.Zandvoort
6.Jarama
7.Spa

what circuts would you like to have at

1. Done for good - the residents killed it. It's a nice circuit but a bitch to get to (as Shorty said). Nevertheless, I'm glad I've been there twice.
2. Not loved by most of the teams and confirmed not to be in next year's schedule. That's what they decided at the 'Ring, thank god.
3. I loved Donington for the viewing and camping but as mentioned, Oulton Park would be nice.
4. Yep, surely.
5. Would be nice but I don't see it.
6. To be done next week  Smiley
7. Yep, of course.

Actually, I quite like the format as it is. Five LMS races (+LM 24Hs +Spa 24Hs +Spa 6Hs -Istanbul) are a lot to go for if you follow each race on-site.

I think the A1 Ring is a huge construction site nowadays and there is trouble with residents too. It's a nice circuit, though.

I was never at Bnro but was said that it's a nice circuit, so yep.

Paul Ricard would be nice as it's dirt cheap to get to. I saw flights from € 19,- (plus tax) if booked early. The blue and yellow stripes on the tarmac look cool on pictures, too.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 09:34:11 am »

However in the three visits I have made to Donington the speaker system has been very good.  In fact it was so good for last year's Moto GP I thought I was going to go deaf.   Shocked

Must have been a different location to me then,  I was at Fogarties for Qualifying for the LMS race and hadn't got a clue what was going on untill the last car had gone by at which point the commentator said "and in last place on the grid......"

Actually found a spot at Silverstone last weekend where I could hear the loadspeakers!   Exit of Club they are very good!

Anyway for what it's worth I too think they should keep the series to 5 races, Endurance cars are very expensive to run and if they series is expanded I would expect a few teams to drop out,  I heard  somewhere that Monza was back on for next year, but can't remember if that was FIA GT's or LMS!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 09:59:15 am »

I know Silverstone has it's failings but at least there's plenty of space! 

Plenty of space there may be but from the perspetive of  the spectator it is, when compared to Donnington, a souless, bland, boring place to be.  And another thing... it 'smells' too much of F1 - Ugh!

As far as I am concerned (as a spectator) the British round at Donny was great, though Brands would suit me too.  Another circuit with some soul and very close to where I live!!!!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 10:11:21 am »

I have absolutely no insider information and I don't know what the situation is with contracts for next year but my money would be on JP wanting to run this so Brands would get my bet - I don't think the pit lane would be a problem, I reckon there's enough space. 

Unless there is a contract in place I can't see it going to Donny again, I wasn't there that weekend but having seen the pit lane for real and the pictures of the race set up it looked like a huge accident waiting to happen. 
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 06:33:08 pm »

I too would love to see the 2007 UK round at Brands.  With the natural amphitheatre and rolling hills and bends, the circuit would be a real challenge - a bit like Sebring with hills.

Steve East Anglian cobras

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 06:37:11 pm »

The idea of watching them round Paddock is just great.  Handy for the tunnel and local accommodation for me.   Sounds good.  Like anybody would listen to us? Huh

BOAC 1000 used to happen there after all.  Wow, I remember when....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:39:11 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 07:11:50 pm »

BOAC 1000 used to happen there after all.  Wow, I remember when....

......it was the BOAC 500!!

Del

Team Delboy Racing
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 07:17:36 pm »

Erm  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOAC_500 
I never got to see the 500 version but yeah you are right, sort of...

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 03:08:25 am »

Got to agree, personally I would love to see a big race like the LMES at Oulton Park, its such a nice nice track with good viewing.
paultarsey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 02:19:43 pm »

I have to say that the idea of a 'proper' race at Brands would be great.  The circuit has always been good but Jonathan Palmer and his team have vastly improved it and it is now a truly great venue.  Sure, the pitlane is a bit tight  (but on the other hand) do we really want our beloved sportscars to become like F1 and only run at antiseptic circuits with everything bright and shiny and perfect.  I sometimes think that if Brands was in continental Europe we would all be in raptures saying how wonderful it was, but then again the Kent cuisine isn't up to much. 

Some of my happiest days at LM were when it was a bit tatty and lived-in back in the late 70s or early 80s.  Spa also had much more charm when it was a bit more untidy and unf1-like (is that a word?).

Incidentally and very pedantically for all the enthusiasts of the midlands venue it is spelt with three Ns, not four (Donington not Donnington).
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: