Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 08:21:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big H's Big Adventure...  (Read 56321 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2007, 10:33:44 pm »

Sitting here in that world famous beach bar and restaurant, The Bag Of Grapeshot, contemplating the miracle that is the peristaltic reflex, starved of a decent motor and nary a connection to Club Arnage to be had for months, my thoughts inevitably turn towards June and food poisoning. Yup, good 'ole LM, where the spectators are overcooked and the food underdone.
I know it wasn't Lazarus on the road to Damascus (everyone knows that was Bob Hope...), but for the sake of argument, and an inability to use Google since they changed the toolbar, let's say it was, and I too have experienced a conversion (or I've been raised from the dead, -already I'm getting confused). Anyway, during a recent session of idle banter and serious drinking, it was suggested that some sort of fundraising may help with St Peters anticipated frosty view of things when that personal and inevitable Pearly Gate Moment arises. And what better place to do it than in Le Mans? a place where surely even Mother Theresa would mash the loud pedal, drop her cassock and go large?

Sadly, that was where the good ideas stopped, and I experienced one of those moments (and I'm sure we all have, haven't we?) where someone else seemed to be in control of my mouth and brain, two organs nearly three feet apart, and I could hear myself saying things, and nodding, while inwardly I was screaming "no, NO!! what on earth is the damn fool doing?!", but all people could hear was this idiot in charge of the mouth. Well, what I've come up with is.....instead of sitting in the classic (although slightly dowdy and with more than just a whiff of anusol and Vicks Vap-O-Rub) surroundings  of one of Coventrys finest machines and contributing in no small way to Shells yearly profits, I decided I was going to cycle to Maison Blanche this year. You heard it right, cycle.

Now, it's about 300 miles to Maison Blanche from my place (not being a crow and lacking the ability of flight I may need to round this up a tad. I know I'm getting off the track a bit, but have you ever watched a crow fly? -the ones round our way fly like they've been sniffing Tippex, more like 3000 miles the way the crow flies if you ask me, anyway.. ) and the mouth-idiot reckoned that three days would be more than enough. 100 miles a day then. So, come Tuesday morning on the 12th of June I'll be packing some cucumber and salad spread sandwiches, a half bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale, turning my cap backwards and setting off, whistling, in a generally southerly direction, with hopes of arriving in Maison Blanche on Thursday evening in time for a fish supper and a little dancing. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect that the reality may be much more grisly (and probably involve much more than just a whiff of anusol and chamois cream...)

In order to keep my chin firmly pressed to the butchers basket which will surely be attached to the handlebars, I'm going to need a little incentive, and that's where the fundraising bit comes in. Surely, I thought, all my cyber mates on the world famous Club Arnage forum will give me a little help with this noble effort (it took a long time to type 'noble effort', - every time I looked up to check, I'd actually typed 'chatastrophic plan'), and I've set up one of those popular web pages that make contributing a doddle, and all funds (excluding embrocation and unguent expenses) will be heading the way of Kidney Research UK. Let's face it, the little fellas usually have their work cut out that weekend. (Mrs H almost beat me to St Peter last year, but after a quick oil change and one of her brothers kidneys, she's now very firmly at the back of the queue).

It won't be pretty, certainly there'll be blisters and mechanics language involved, but at least it'll give me something to write  about in July. If you pass me on the way down, please don't run me over. My sincerest thanks to all who dare pledge a sum. Oh, and the seat of my 'cycling trousers' has space for a sponsors logo....

Here's the page , go there now  http://www.justgiving.com/H-on-a-bike

H

Oh God, what have I done?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:51:05 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:52:46 pm »

LMAO - when you put it so elegantly how could I refuse!

I hope you arent going to be using the pushbike shown on your justgiving profile!

Let us know how the training and preparation goes.......  Grin

F
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 11:37:54 pm »

Good plan and Good luck to your Ar*se! Look forward to contributing to your incentive.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 11:46:11 pm »

Adventure? Blarryell! Off rocker must be you!

So I'll bung a bit, gimme a day-or-so but a small dose of my newly extra taxed pension will be yours.

One time years ago my K-words failed for while and the feeling of P***img through shards of shattered glass is unforgettable.

I'm in.

Roll Eyes

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:15:56 am »

OK JPC I need a Tropicoma.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:18:26 am by Lawnmower Man » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 02:26:51 am »

Contribution made big fella. See you there in june, at the gate of MB  with a beer.

Mike

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 03:57:11 am »

Bleedin' self-publicist.....

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 10:19:42 am »

Glad to know the plans are still going ahead.  Let me know if you'll need the bike shed!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 11:06:10 am »

OK, give me a day or two to get some files off my old laptop and there may well be an auction on a certain well know site as there was last year for Doris' charity!  Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 11:08:53 am »

I think you are totally barking but it's for a worthy cause so consider yourself sponsored

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 11:45:16 am »

OK, give me a day or two to get some files off my old laptop and there may well be an auction on a certain well know site as there was last year for Doris' charity!  Grin

That was the sort of thing I had in mind.    Grin Grin Grin
Though there is always the chance I'll be out bid this year.   Sad
 I hope not I need to mow lawns. angel

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 02:30:08 pm »

Good grief H, 100 miles a day? Have you no respect for your perineum? I admire your grit though and no doubt you'll be taping up your nipples, not to mention your testes's sack to you inner thigh. As for Perdu's shards of shattering sheetglass in the shithouse, well it might be nice alliteration, but that alone won't help the Save the Kidney Fund, or whatever it's called. So on behalf of Team Zarse, let's talk about the sponsorship opportunities on the front of your cycling shorts; that bulge of swollen organs will be unmissable.

Anyway, we're in!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 02:43:01 pm »

Blimey  Grin  I'm off to Just Giving now, my big sister only has one kidney - I'm slightly worried by the prospect that one day she'll be coming after one of mine!

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 02:46:06 pm »

Well then Big H, I'd forgotten about our slightly inebriated discussion about this last June... until now!

Would love to be joining you of course but sadly trackside working commitments mean I need to be there by Tuesday at the latest  Smiley .... well that and the fact that I'm on the shortlist of reserves for the London to Paris ride two weeks after!

Get paid on Friday and will be forthcoming with some necessaries soon after! Good luck old chap and I do rather feel we need to organise a welcoming committee at the gates of MB! Fireworks, brass band and strippers spring swiftly to mind (the latter if only to see if the nethers are still in working order after such an epic ride!).

And in the time-honoured words of 'Loaded' when it was a decent read.... "Good Work Fella!"  Grin
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 04:56:25 pm »

Ok H, will have Jimmy at the gate with the ar*e cream on his aplicator, Roll Eyes i am sure that you will need some rubbing on your chaffings. Cry

Donation made to just giving. Great stuff.

Bri.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: