Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 04:45:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOS dates clash with the Classic  (Read 8943 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 08:24:39 pm »

Ah, so it's the revival I need then is it

Tweed jackets and Glenn Miller tributes

Quite a lot like HA in June then...

Wink

[(incorrectanswers'R'us)]

I might as well sit over in the corner by the coat rack, see ya.

'til the next time

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 09:45:49 pm »

Didn´t that happen last year too?

Sure did.

This is always a bit of a problem for me. What's "last year"? Sure, you're talking about 2006. But to me, around this period of the year, Le Mans 2007 is so far behind (i.e. so far into planning 2008) that I (and it doesn't seem I am the only one) already call 2007 "last year". Confusing Undecided

ps. it's a bit off topic, but the quote above got me thinking for a minute; "was there a Classic in '07? Huh"

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 12:39:50 am »

This is always a bit of a problem for me. What's "last year"? Sure, you're talking about 2006. But to me, around this period of the year, Le Mans 2007 is so far behind (i.e. so far into planning 2008) that I (and it doesn't seem I am the only one) already call 2007 "last year". Confusing Undecided
I know what you mean, actually almost everything beyond June seems like "last year" to me too.

But believe me the Classic is worth while, I am planning a prolonged vacation next year with Le Mans, F1 GP at Magny Cours the next weekend, some R&R in the countryside and then the finale the Classic 24h.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 02:14:10 am »

I know what you mean, actually almost everything beyond June seems like "last year" to me too.

But believe me the Classic is worth while, I am planning a prolonged vacation next year with Le Mans, F1 GP at Magny Cours the next weekend, some R&R in the countryside and then the finale the Classic 24h.

I'm toying with the same idea, but with '2 up' and all the camping gear. I'm not sure the '73 Triumph will survive! It may be that tents at French prices become 'disposable' and hoteling it the rest of the time will be the better option. A bit of rough and then some pampering.

Question:- How do I convince 'erindorze' who hates watching racing except on TV? All because of facilities and noise. She hated watching me racing.......... But I suppose she loves me more than the life insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 08:46:16 am »

Question:- How do I convince 'erindorze' who hates watching racing except on TV? All because of facilities and noise. She hated watching me racing.......... But I suppose she loves me more than the life insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read someone with a simular 'problem' suggesting a campsite not too far from Le Mans (but far away enough from the crowds). Maybe that would be an idea, go there for a full week and "sneak out" for a few days...

Drinking for Holland
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 09:19:41 am »

Camping at the classic is a different bag of frogs to the main event with no overcrowding and everyone tucked up in bed by midnight- well the ones that stay up are much quieter anyway! You could hear flatulence at a hundred paces last year it was so quiet.
 Its a right pain those events clashing- last year I had to drop one of our clients cars and an engineer off enroute to the classic which wasn't the most relaxing start to a weekend in France.  More of the same this year probably.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 03:51:29 pm »

I have read someone with a simular 'problem' suggesting a campsite not too far from Le Mans (but far away enough from the crowds). Maybe that would be an idea, go there for a full week and "sneak out" for a few days...
Or a nice little gite somewhere? - there are plenty about if you book early enough.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 05:55:30 pm »

Or a nice little gite somewhere? - there are plenty about if you book early enough.

Hmm, mine is only 250 miles "up the road" Undecided

But you're right. A lot of Dutch have their gite advertised on http://www.gites.nl (mine is advertised here).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:17:49 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Drinking for Holland
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 09:15:20 pm »

Fos, have to say was not too impressed, It seemed to cater mainly for the well heeled brigade .........a bit too ladeda for me, but it was nice to walk around the pits to see and smell all those old cars being fettled by their owners Wink

been there done that doing it again !
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 09:32:01 am »

Fos, have to say was not too impressed, It seemed to cater mainly for the well heeled brigade .........a bit too ladeda for me, but it was nice to walk around the pits to see and smell all those old cars being fettled by their owners Wink
I think the smell you refer to Chris IS the owners- thats stinking rich for you.
 Finally got round to ordering the tickets for this one. Roll on the summer!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 09:40:06 am »

I've been to the Revival and the FOS......and was none too impressed with the FOS.

Prefered the Revival, and would go again.

Same here - FOS was good to go to - once.  And go on the Friday when the big names are having a practice run and they are a bit more accesible because the crowd numbers are a bit lower. 

The Revival is much more fun - it's racing around a circuit, the whole atmosphere is great and the aviation representation is excellent.  Travelling down in the A and standing on the banking counting the rivets on the underside of a Mustang on approach, whilst watching GT40s, Cobras and GTOs on the track, then wandering round the paddock and its many attractions (race cars, the old transporters and period supporting stuff) rates as a grand day out in my book.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 05:35:50 pm »

Camping at the classic is a different bag of frogs to the main event with no overcrowding and everyone tucked up in bed by midnight- well the ones that stay up are much quieter anyway! You could hear flatulence at a hundred paces last year it was so quiet.

We were sitting outside the tent 'sipping'  Wink wine at just gone midnight and  MB was absolutley quiet, it seemed as though everybody else had gone to bed, it was very wierd.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 05:40:02 pm »

Went about 5 years ago, and I would agree, over rated, not enough timed runs up the hill. I'm afraid that David Coultard (also over rated) driving along in a very nice old Merc at 30 mph waving to the crowds, does not intrest me.

Yet to go to the Revival.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 09:42:05 pm »

Having been to the Revival for the first time in 2007 (and been to the FoS3 or 4 times before) my vote goes with the Revival everytime - it was a first class weekend this year.

I agree, you can only watch so many 'big' name drivers on demo runs up the hill before you want to retire to the bar!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 11:35:29 pm »

I too agree..........the FOS does get a tad boring with numerous 'demo' runs and too few timed ones.....and the same stuff over the three days .....so as Mr Brown so eloquently points out.....the time comes to retire to the bar.

Worth doing once mind!

Did I just say that out loud?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: