Club Arnage
May 03, 2024, 08:10:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wiki campsite guide  (Read 2718 times)
slash

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »

Hi all

The campsite guide looks like it could do with a bit of an update.

The Murvi Crew have relocated from Bleu Nord to Mulsanne this year, so I will take care of that one!

Some up to date piccies and comments on the various sites would be appreciated. If you don't have time/can't be ar##d to update the wiki, send me the info and I will do it.

Have a fun and safe trip everyone.

Slash
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:47:04 pm »

Agreed, the campsite guide does need updating. I'm on Houx this year and will take a few pics and look at updating it.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 05:13:17 pm »

I done one last year for Houx incl photo's, I will see if I can dig it out and add it in

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 05:32:06 pm »

Found it, not sure how to add it to the guide though. I will add a few photos shortly, if someone could add it to the guide for me (and add the price of the campsite ticket)
Thanks

Houx Campsite.

This campsite is situated in the South East corner, within the circuit boundary, between Tetre Rouge and the paddock. The campsite is surrounded by a high green wire mesh fence with an entrance at either end. Circuit access is either by footbridge over the Bugatti circuit which leads to the Dunlop Bridge and upper Village, or the pedestrian entry leading to lower Village and Paddock area, or the main car entry which leads to the Esses, Tetre Rouge and the Antres tram station. Walk to trackside allow 10 -15 min.

All pitches are an allocated 35m2. (see photo) On arrival the gate marshals will lead you to the allocated pitch. However there is an option of buying a slightly cheaper “Non-Numbered” pitch. Again a marshal will direct you to the area where some are available leaving you to select a pitch (the yellow “R” peg denotes a non numbered pitch) The numbered and non numbered pitches are the same size but a few non numbered may have tree stumps, dips or actual trees in them.

As this campsite is classed as inside the track boundary a general entrance ticket must be purchased prior to entry and scanned with each exit. These are available to buy at the campsite entrances. Strictly speaking glass bottles should not be taken into this campsite.

Houx is among the older of the Le Mans campsites and is situated among pine tress at   the southern Tetre Rouge end and open grass on the Paddock entry end..

There are electric hook up points (see photo) although these are soon filled to overflowing with connectors, before even more are then somehow hooked up. There are plenty of standpipes with fresh water around the site.

There is a brand new WC/Shower block at the Paddock end of the site plus a brick unit in the middle and temporary units at Tetre Rouge end, although these are kept quite clean throughout the week as with everywhere else at peak times they can quickly have queues and become dirty.

In 2013 there was a food franchise at Paddock end and another in the centre. Prices and quality can vary from year to year. Both sold the usual fare of fries, filled French sticks, chicken, hot dogs etc, various cold sodas, beers, tea and coffee were also available. Both were open pretty much 24hrs all week.

Good access for Anteres Tram station a few hundred yards from the Tetre Rouge end of the campsite

2013 cost
Allocated pitch £
Non Numbered E 64.00
GPS: North 47.9525; East 0.2191
Follow signposts for:- MM Arena (Football Stadium), Anteres Tram terminal.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: