Club Arnage
May 09, 2024, 12:39:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FordGT to be built in Canada  (Read 3908 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2015, 03:28:30 am »

Some of you may remember the first WIN in the now defunct 675 class went to MultiMatic run Nissan

http://sportscar365.com/industry/multimatic-to-build-ford-gt-in-canada/

No stranger to carbon fibre chassis building having built ALL the AstonMartin 177 chassis.
Phil
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:06:32 pm »

Ah, Multimatic are one of my customers here in the UK..............making Taxi's in Coventry.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 02:41:33 am »

Hi Ian,
         I had to google that to be sure it is the same MultiMatic...and it is. Smiley
Apparently they have expanded into a global enterprise.
I might add we have not heard of an electric hybrid taxi for Toronto. Just the same old gas guzzlers as before.
Are you coming to Le Mans this year?
Phil
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 10:30:29 pm »

Hi Ian,
         I had to google that to be sure it is the same MultiMatic...and it is. Smiley
Apparently they have expanded into a global enterprise.
I might add we have not heard of an electric hybrid taxi for Toronto. Just the same old gas guzzlers as before.
Are you coming to Le Mans this year?
Phil

Hi Phil, by now you may have read that yes, I am heading to LM this year, but doing it a little differently. Before and after in Granville, which unfortunately means missing yours and Tom's BBQ. Look forward to meeting up at some stage in that French field.

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 01:56:18 am »

Hey Phil,
Hope David Empringham is still part of the Multimatic family, he's a guy that despite winning two Atlantic titles, and the Indy Lights title, never got a shot at a Champ Car ride, which is absolutely ridiculous.
It would go along way toward explaining the de-valued train wreck Indycar has become over the past two decades, when a guy as obviously talented as him couldn't get a ride, but any no-talent, no-hoper can get his wealthy daddy to write a big check to a team owner, and presto! The kid's a Indycar driver.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:22:04 am »

Hi Fax,
          The ban on cigarrette advertising was to blame for David not getting an INDY ride. Not sure what if any connection to MultiMatic now. He did continue to be active in sports cars and a lot of driver coaching.
Phil
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 06:33:54 pm »

Hi Phil,
That's what I thought happened, its a shame neither he, or Claude Bourbonnais ever got a real shot at Indy cars, I thought they both had a lot of talent.  They were part of that great influx of Canadian talent that arrived on the scene in the nineties.  Tracy, Villeneuve, Moore, Carpentier, and Tags, all made it to CART Champ Cars, but David, and Claude seemed to fall through the cracks.
Fax
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:54:05 pm by Boorish Grobian » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: