Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 01:51:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALMS Houston Race  (Read 2155 times)
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2006, 03:05:33 pm »

The Lone Star GP in Houston is scheduled for 8:00PM Central Daylight Time on May 12.  Some of you may be able to watch it on TV in Europe.  That would put it about 2 or 3 AM your time Saturday morning the 12th.  Don't know if it is taped delayed or live for you.  I was disappointed to learn that the Audi diesel is not runing and that only 1 R8 is participating.  Two Porsche Spyders are in P2 and two Astons are taking on the boys from GM. 
Is anyone planning to go?

I know it's a poor substitute for the "24" in 6 weeks but I need some recovery after "dem gud 'ole boys at Tallydaga". 

http://www.grandprixofhouston.com/index.html
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 04:48:10 pm »

Here's the TV info from another thread:

ALMS round 2, Houston Texas Saturday May 13 at 20h00 UK, 21h00 CET - Motors TV  (tape-delayed from Friday night)

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Fax
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 05:06:16 pm »

Should be a good show in H-town even with just one Audi (actually it'll probably be a better show), have fun John.  Sounds like there's going to be a bunch of CA'ers at Mid-Ohio in two weeks.
Fax
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 08:37:30 pm »

Looks like I may be about the only Ca'er at the Houston GP.  It should be a great weekend for racing.  Leaving tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) to get ready for Thursday practice and qualifying events.  I'll wave at the camera.
Fax
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 08:49:54 pm »

Have fun John, I'll be tuned into the CBS coverage Sunday. Bring home a Corvette win over the Green Catfish Wink
Fax
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 10:04:56 pm »

Hey Fax,  Sorry you won't be able to make it down this way.  If you want to see the ALMS race, it will be taped delayed and on CBS at Noon central time on  SATURDAY, not Sunday.   The (I almost said CART race) Champcar race is live on Speedtv Saturday night at 8:00 central time.  Hope you are able to tune in for both.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  'Vettes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: