Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 01:14:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dover/Calais ferry prices  (Read 8325 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 08:57:24 pm »

From Guernsey to St Malo via Jersey (spit) currently £166 1 x person and a car. I am thinking of going a week early and driving to Catalunya for the MotoGP, bit of a contrast I know but what the heck. I have not got this finally approved by 'er indoors but when mentioning a road trip she did not jump up and down and froth at the mouth, well no more than normal...

Has anyone any experience of camping / staying there for the race? I would appreciate any info, my brother has been but is a little vague about it, and he doesn't even drink vodka!

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 07:22:34 pm »

Return ferry booked with Seafrance for the princely sum of £41 !! Norfolkline would have been cheaper but not at the times required ( £31 )
Now it's just a matter of waiting until the 6th , well the 5th really as I start the week with the Rally show at Chatsworth again.  30 years celebration of the quattro !!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 11:44:21 pm »

Return ferry booked with Seafrance for the princely sum of £41 !! Norfolkline would have been cheaper but not at the times required ( £31 )
Now it's just a matter of waiting until the 6th , well the 5th really as I start the week with the Rally show at Chatsworth again.  30 years celebration of the quattro !!

Good to see that someone has taken advantage of SF bargain fares, enjoy the quattro celebration, should be fun! 
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 04:32:37 pm »

Booked Dover - Calais. Out Tuesday evening back Monday afternoon 53 quid return. That's £22 cheaper than last year. I was quoted  £6 cheaper on SeaFrance but I reckon it was worth the bit extra not to travel on a garlic barge, and I prefer to sail under a British flag not a white one.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 05:30:57 pm »

I Just booked the Eurotunnel £87 return (£105 last year). Out Thursday am back on Monday evening.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 08:15:09 pm »

Even better for me.....err....Indoors works for Tesco....so I get an extra 10% staff discount!!!
Dont forget that you can also use tesco club card vouchers to pay for the Euro Tunnel, making it very cheap!

Only downside is you have to shop in Tesco in the first place!

Yes, quite true - and add to their ever increasing profits and decimation of the high street!

True, but who cares about the High St if you can get to LM cheaper?
n b
LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 12:15:51 pm »

I was quoted  £6 cheaper on SeaFrance but I reckon it was worth the bit extra not to travel on a garlic barge, and I prefer to sail under a British flag not a white one.

Grin
Sounds like something I'd say at work to my French colleagues! 
 Cool

Seriously though, if I was heading from Blighty to France, I'd avoid Dover-Calais and would still use Dover-Dunkerque, even though it's further west.
Why? The boats and catering are MUCH better on Norfolkline Ferries.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: