Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 12:17:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONFUSED  (Read 3002 times)
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2004, 09:36:32 pm »

JUst joined  the ACO here in France, applied for member grandstand seats, and my invoice bills me for another stand stating that the the member stand is on waiting list, whats the story guys?

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 10:45:52 pm »

The story is that the ACO dont't know their a**e from their elbow.

Just wait until April / May time, you will see nothing but posts on this site complaining of poor service from ACO.

Good luck....you WILL meed it.

Jem
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 11:24:28 pm »

JUst joined  the ACO here in France, applied for member grandstand seats, and my invoice bills me for another stand stating that the the member stand is on waiting list, whats the story guys?

Just because you are a member is no cast iron guarantee, especially with a later request. There is of course limited seating and the ACO operate on a first come, first served basis with the seating allocations (so they say). Maybe come April/May time there will be some available again. Keep the faith.

Just out of interest which stand have you been offered?

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 12:21:32 am »

It means the allocation for the ACO stand has been filled.  However, should someone not take up their ACO stand allocation, there may be seats available.  Hence you are on the waiting list (how far down is anyones guess).

But, they will also offer you an alternative, this may (or may not) be as good a stand location - it might be up by the Esses and you won't see the start / finish line.

What have you been offered?

The story is that the ACO dont't know their a**e from their elbow.

Just wait until April / May time, you will see nothing but posts on this site complaining of poor service from ACO.

Not from me.  Book early (like 12 months) and be patient and courteous in your dealings with the booking office.
If you f**k them about, they'll certainly do the same to you.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 08:41:07 am »

Fully agree with you, Steve.
I'm dealing with the booking office for more than a decade now and never had any problems, they always reacted in a timely manner and replied to every mail I sent them.

And once you start to book a year in advance, you usually even get the campground of your choice.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 08:18:04 pm »

Joined in October 2003, put in request then for entry and ACO seats, chased almost monthly, told allocation happening later! offered seats inTribune 15 Chinetti, does that make sense?

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 04:54:17 pm »

Tribune 15 Chinetti is next door to me (tribune 16 Sommer) along the start / finish straight 3 along from the ACO stand.
Also there's a huge TV screen directly across the track so a pretty good location.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: