Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 08:16:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Annexe  (Read 3826 times)
Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2006, 10:49:01 am »

I heard rumours that Houx Annexe is going to be made into a car park for the new football stadium that's being built, and that's why the new tram line runs straight past. NOOOOOO!!!
Does anyone have reliable information about this? Is it true or just evil rumour?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:17:09 pm »

I heard the same but can't verify or otherwise...

Maybe Termietermite can help?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 12:29:21 pm »

I heard it, but surely there is no need for a carpark. Part of the Bugatti circuit is used as a carpark on race weekend and is not too far from the new stadium and with the tram able to bring in spectators surely there is ample space with out ripping up HA.

Anyone know what HA is used for the rest of the year?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 01:24:43 pm »

I've heard this eslewhere but cannot confirm it.  The tramway website is unhelpful but certainly it will need a railhead carpark which will go somewhere but whether it's houx annexe, I don't know.  Next time I'm in town I'll have a look in the tramway info centre.

I heard a rumour that somebody died after Friday's accident so it may be that the roundabout festivities will be policed out of existence next year.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 02:20:27 pm »

I seem to remember the plans showing the footie stadium that someone showed a link for definitely showed a vast expanse of car park across the top of the Annexe. How far down? I'm afraid I can't remember, but since they (ACO) are extending BSJ it makes me wonder... Especially as they seem to love us less and less these days.

Corporate is the way their beady eyes are leering, I think.

Sad

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 05:54:38 pm »

This rumour has been doing the rounds for a while, a few years ago the ACO did not release any tickets for it until well after the other sites as they thought it was not going to be useable.

I think I am right in saying the ACO don't own the sites so have little control over they future.

One thing is for sure, if it does close it will extra pressure on the remaining sites.

I did not hear of anyone being killed or hurt at the Annexe roundabout on Friday, but seeing some of the clowns there it would not come as a great suprise.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 06:19:55 pm »

Anyone know what HA is used for the rest of the year?

I'm not exactly sure but I'd take a semi-educated guess it's just a field they use for parking at other national race meets (there's plenty of field space used around most UK circuits) When we got there there were beer lids implanted in the ground possibly from the Moto GP or 24 hour Moto race??

I heard a rumour that somebody died after Friday's accident so it may be that the roundabout festivities will be policed out of existence next year.

Does anyone know what happened to the poor souls who had the accident on Sunday night in the replica Porsche at the bottom of HA?? I didn't see an accident on Friday, but then again I did have rather a lot to drink.... Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 06:33:04 pm »

Another site (which shall be nameless) reports that they were taken to hospital but were OK.  Apparently their seat-belt anchorage collapsed when the bodywork fell to bits!  Whoops... and take care when you build a replica and try it out at Houx Annexe.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 07:32:20 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Collectable-Le-mans-2006-exclusive-racing-history_W0QQitemZ8832326444QQihZ005QQcategoryZ101755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Get while it's still available Roll Eyes

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: