Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 01:09:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GT Racing at Silverstone This Sunday  (Read 6082 times)
rcutler
« on: May 21, 2003, 10:15:33 am »

Is anyone else from the forum going to see the British GT racing at Silverstone this Sunday. I will also be about on the monday to watch the F3 racing aswell.

I think the GT racing is night racing so it should really get me in the mood for LeMans.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 07:05:41 pm »

Nope - I am off to Thruxton for the BTCC on Sunday and Monday!  Grin

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 07:12:37 pm »

Can't get to Silverstone this weekend or even Thruxton (my local circuit) due to a friends wedding on Saturday and DIY Sunday and Monday  Angry

I will be "allowed" a couple of free hours though so if you are passing Basingstoke on your way to/from Thruxton and fancy a beer??......................
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 07:16:38 pm »

Ahhh - sorry, we are the other side of Thruxton from Basingrad - Wincanton.

Thanks for the offer, hope the DIY goes well, but I think it will be a little too far on a Bank Hol on the A303  Cry

Whats it like - my first time there, have paddock access, etc... so expect a good time.  I saw the BTCC at Knockhill last year - was pleased I did now it is off the calander.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 07:20:38 pm »

You should have a great time.

Thruxton used to boast that it was the fastest track in Europe. I believe that is still the case but I am sure someone heer will know for a fact.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 02:57:25 pm »

Thruxton very quick, only problem is no spectator viewing at the really fast parts such as Village and Church corners - real shame that.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 03:01:48 pm »

That is one of the reasons Castle Coombe is my favorite circuit as you can walk round the entire track.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 03:18:02 pm »

Mine too..

Combe not much slower than Thrxcton but bumpier and trickier to drive. Much nicer clubby atmosphere too. Also the 'Facilities' as crap as those provided by our friends at the ACO. Makes me think wistfully of LaSarthe when using them. You know, holes in the ground, piles of s**t in the stand up squatters etc.. etc..

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 04:56:24 pm »

Thruxton very quick, only problem is no spectator viewing at the really fast parts such as Village and Church corners - real shame that.

Wasn't always like that.  In the late '60s and early '70s I used to make the pilgrimage to Thruxton every year on Easter Monday.
I remember sitting in a stand at Village where you could virtually look down into the cockpits of Rindt - the F2 master there, Stewart, Hill et al drifting through the bend. Magic!!
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 07:19:40 pm »

appen I might be up for that, any idea what the itinery is? monkey
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 10:13:00 pm »

I am off to Southampton for some Hovercraft racing this weekend.  However also had a call from Halfords that they have some tickets from Team Halfords for me.  Only problen is I can't remember what meeting its for.  Presumably the BTCC, suppose it could be the BTCC at Thruxton, so might be there on monday.  Last time I went there for the BTCC it snowed!
rcutler
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 09:52:21 am »

Not sure what the itinery is as I have found two different ones on the web. But we are going up to arrive at 0930 think the GT racing is in the late afternoon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: