Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 12:05:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Room for one in your car??!  (Read 4546 times)
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2003, 07:27:10 pm »

We have two cars going and all are full, and one of our regs who has been unable to attend for a few years has now found himself able to go.

With his car not trusted for the trip, we have tried almost everything we can to get him to the race this year.  We have camping, and tickets, just no way to get him there.

The rest of us are on the last ferry on the Tues night Portsmouth - Caen and back on the first ferry on the Monday AM

Can anyone on a similar itinerary give him a lift (or even a differant one) - he is willing to contribute towards fuel & ferry, doesnt pack a huge amount of stuff, and is a generally sound bloke.  He is near Worcester, so anyone coming down the M5?  He could get to Somerset easily and could be picked up there?

Thanks in advance for any help!  Please email info@dreamracers.com if you can help.

Can you help???!

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 07:30:02 pm »

Forgot to mention - I am sure we will chuck a few beers towards whoever can help!!!!

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 09:07:14 pm »

Can't help, I'm afraid, since I live 3 hours from LM. But don't forget the train. There's a 50 quid return promotion on at the moment Eurostar Paris/Lille-London, and it's possible to book each half separately. So if the Promo doesn't work from your end, try

http://www.voyages-sncf.com

Trains from Paris to LM are fast, clean, run on time and are cheaper than the UK variety. It's a pleasure to travel on them.

There's a direct train Lille-LM 14.49, gets to LM 17.18 - yes really!!
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 10:53:23 pm »

That is a beaut of a Sprint you have there Kpy!  Seen it before, just waited for an appropriate time to commetn on it!  My last Sprint was hit by a drunk driver, and I was most upset...  Angry

I dont think he will do the train thang, as he would have to get from near Worcester to London first...  Thanks for the thought!  I will put it to him.

Anyone able to help?!

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 12:31:31 am »

Dreamracers

We are going Portsmouth - Caen on Wednesday overnight, back on the Monday afternoon crossing (approx 4.30pm I think)

We have two cars going with 9 people. May be able to squeeze him in. We leave Basingstoke at approx 7.30/8.00pm Wednesday.

If you think this might be an option drop me a PM or email. He would need to get to Basingstoke to meet us under his own steam though. Not sure if that is possible?? And of course I'll need to clear it with the others (shouldn't be a problem)
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 09:02:26 am »

I'll give him a ring today and be in touch soon.!

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: