Club Arnage
May 20, 2024, 09:54:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2012  (Read 137659 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2012, 03:44:09 pm »

Booked  Grin !

Out Saturday 10th, Brussels to Miami, back Monday 19th from Orlando.

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2012, 04:45:12 pm »

I not bitter and twisted that I can not go - spent me dosh on my Cherry Picker  Roll Eyes

But seems to be some good prices emailed to me from KLM

http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/plan_and_book/special_offers/flight_offers/index.htm?WT.mc_id=1928936|6122974|75073887|250309219|653168

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2012, 05:13:32 pm »

Article From the official site for Sebring. 

I have many memories of Sebring, good and bad, but that is only in terms of the racing. That usually tends to go by race results. From my point of view Sebring 2009 is probably one of my best races in my career, it was fighting all the way to the end against Peugeot. The last two hours I had to pull everything out of the bag to make sure that the Audi R15 TDI won its first ever race. I could also look back to 2006 and the pole position with the first diesel, the R10 TDI, and to give the car its first victory, with Tom, Dindo and I, it was really incredible.

But the biggest impression Sebring has made on me is the crowd, the 180,000 or so fans that turn up. The way they create such a carnival, they make this an annual event. The way they get into the spirit of this unique race is just……fantastic. there is no other way to put it.

I do love that at the autograph session you see the weird and the wonderful; someone dressed as The Stig’s very fat brother, then there are the lawyers dressed up as cows, everyone coming along with their families and friends, all being part of this great event.

As a single story, probably the biggest thing that has brought me into this scene was going to Turn Ten, for a photo shoot with John Brooks, one year (2004). To see that there is a club at Turn Ten, where they have made their own grandstands, they have made their own bar, their own restaurant, in effect they have cornered a section of the track as their own territory. They return there every year, like a pilgrimage. They have their own entrance ticket effectively, which is a key ring and I am pleased to say I have been able to build up a collection of Turn Ten key rings over the years. To see the commitment that these guys have put into enjoying the 12 Hours of Sebring certainly matches the commitment that Audi Sport and every other team makes to win the race, that makes Sebring special.

Allan McNish, November 2011

The "fat" Stig refered to is our own Amazing Randy Grin

Phil
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2012, 06:49:29 pm »

thats really cool

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2012, 08:52:18 pm »

Top Man, Hope he has better luck in the Sebring Race than he had at Le Mans (actually he and quite few others had a whole lot of luck walking away from that shunt)  angel
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2012, 03:38:17 am »

The "fat" Stig refered to is our own Amazing Randy Grin

Phil

Gotcha  Grin

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2012, 10:36:23 am »

This will be an added bonus

http://www.historicmotorracingnews.com/33.0.html
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2012, 04:52:28 pm »

I'm hopefully flying out on 12th and returning Sunday subject to flights being available when H gets paid by 25th. Sure something will work out, just gotta wait 10 days......... I will be there! Evil

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2012, 05:31:06 pm »

more of that famous racer

* Slug 001.JPG (111.81 KB, 869x583 - viewed 432 times.)

* Slug 002.JPG (109.47 KB, 869x583 - viewed 366 times.)

* Slug 003.JPG (65.75 KB, 583x869 - viewed 422 times.)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2012, 09:28:06 pm »

Well guys......looks like Ian is not the only one who has family who like to treat their elders.....but in my case the geriatrics have succomed and Mummy has decided to treat me to a trip to Sebring and Wishy junior is coming along as well to chaparone the old man!!!!

Andy
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »

Be good to have another CA member over this year. Look forward to seeing you there Wishy
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2012, 11:02:41 pm »

Well guys......looks like Ian is not the only one who has family who like to treat their elders.....but in my case the geriatrics have succomed and Mummy has decided to treat me to a trip to Sebring and Wishy junior is coming along as well to chaparone the old man!!!!

Andy
Billiant Andy, When are you flying and who with? have got any accomadation plans yet?
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »

Hi Ian,

Flying with AA, 1 stop via charlotte @ £360 return arriving at 18:00 Monday and return  on Monday at !8:00 via Charlotte although still shopping around for cheap direct flight.

Staying at La Quinta ....next to Fish on Fire before and after!!!

And have sorted accomodation at Sebring with Randy!!!!!

Andy
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2012, 11:19:35 pm »

Hi Ian,

Flying with AA, 1 stop via charlotte @ £360 return arriving at 18:00 Monday and return  on Monday at !8:00 via Charlotte although still shopping around for cheap direct flight.

Staying at La Quinta ....next to Fish on Fire before and after!!!

And have sorted accomodation at Sebring with Randy!!!!!

Andy
Cool, ....Party!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2012, 11:41:49 pm »

I haven't been on here in a long time, but as it's fast approaching March - and I've received a few messages on faceache regarding hotels, car rental, RV rentals, airport runs etc etc., I thought it might be helpful in some small way to offer some local assistance with bookings and logistics. March 12 seems to be the early arrivals (I have some family coming in from UK on that day too, so a few welcome to FL beers at FoF sounds to be appropriate.
Anyone who needs help, just holler and I'll do what I can. I have a houseful of family over for the race, so I'm afraid I can't offer accommodation, but I'll endeavour to help with any reasonable logistical requests.
As always, those bearing PG Tips, Sure roll-on and Resolve Extra get preferrential treatment.
Not long now.... 

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: