Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 04:46:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Arnage server hosting - contributions gratefully received  (Read 46205 times)
nickstony

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2007, 07:31:49 pm »

Hello to all, new to CA today.

I feel the Paypal donation is a viable start.

I will make my first LM visit this year. I will be asking for all help/tips I can get!

My first ? is how to best obtain any grandstand ticket (just one) as I did not get one online in time.

Thanks!
rcutler
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 07:32:38 pm »

Try the sell and swap section but you will have to be quick. BTW welcome to CA!
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2007, 08:12:19 pm »

Just like to say thanks to all at CA, for making this a first class site. We can't and we wont let it go to the wall. Glad to see with some relief that the immediate problems are solved, but need as a group to ensure that the future of this site stays safe and viable.
Good luck with your efforts smokster.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
nickliv
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2007, 08:55:57 pm »

It'd be terrible if CA disappeared. I think the idea of a store selling downloads of the guide, baseball caps, lanyards / ticket holders, badges etc is a good one. The only problem is the fact that once you've got a CA cap etc. you might not want to get another.

Alternatively, a requirement to register in order to post in the buy / sell / swap forum. (The Skoda forum I visit has a membership requirement like this, and I think it works well)

Or we buy up loads of tickets, and hawk them on ebay for a fortune. (Not sure about this one)

I know that these have been suggested before, but just thought I should add my vote.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2007, 09:23:06 pm »

Like Paddy said,

We will open a topic for everyone of us who wants to donate to the cause of keeping CA up and running. There must be at least 10 of us who post here on a semi regular basis.

All procedes of the fundraiser on our party however will go to Doris' charity, like last year!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2007, 09:29:33 pm »

Blimey, this has flushed out the lurkers hasn't it - well done!  Grin

As KK has said we'll happily pay up - we've made some great friends through this site and life would be much poorer without it.

KK will happily donate pictures for a calender and this could be run through photobox with no admin costs to the site.  The slight problem would be the ACO copyright issue that I'm sure will cause DD some concern. 

As many of you know I'm involved with MotorsportvisionRacing - I'll see if I can swing some tickets to some events - not sure about the best way to deal with them - ebay auction linked from a thread? 

I feel quite shallow saying the next bit...but I like "our" site as it is, I'd hate it to become Pistonheads or similar, I like it the way it is and I'd be more than happy to pay to keep it this way. 

Cheers Dave and co for the site - we don't say thanks often enough but life would be different without it (I might get more done at home though!)   Grin
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2007, 09:49:58 pm »

Of course I'll join in with helping CA. I will do that through the joint DfH fund.
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2007, 09:57:43 pm »

Just like to say thanks to all at CA, for making this a first class site. We can't and we wont let it go to the wall. Glad to see with some relief that the immediate problems are solved, but need as a group to ensure that the future of this site stays safe and viable.
Good luck with your efforts smokster.
Brian.

I will help to keep the site going.
Mike

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Papa Lazarou

Driving slowly to make you all look faster...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2007, 11:17:34 pm »

Blimey, you don't check the site for a couple of days and look what happens!

Get the PP account working, and a donation will be with you...

Without this site I wouldn't have such a strange assortment (according to swmbo))of t-shirts.  Long may it expand!

Patrick.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 11:19:02 pm »

Thanks to all for your support.

I have now set up a PayPal account (club_arnage@ntlworld.com) and would be delighted to start receiving donations. Dave has sent me the hosting invoice to be paid, I'd like to get that completed this week.

Can I request that, thanks to the over-subscription, in the first place people simply make donations. The loan idea was great as it got the ball rolling, but administering loans could be time consuming and would require a level of administrative support. If subscriptions in the next few days do not meet the necessary figure then, depending on the shortfall, I will contact those who indicated they would loan via email. I will post regualr updates on progress on this thread - but as usual I am off to Aberdeen on Tuesday when my access becomes more limited.

The donations will remain anonymous but I would be happy to provide a summary of income/expenditure to any subscibing member on request. I am thinking that we should set up a "committee" (which would exclude Steve, Dave D and myself) to approve expenditure and plan fund raising, and in particular ensure fair play. It's not necessary to post here to confirm you have paid, I will receive details directly from PayPal.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 11:22:17 pm by smokie » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 11:20:16 pm »

Hopefully the funds are already rolling in. Wink
Signed, anonymous.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 11:43:32 pm »

They most certainly are...  Grin
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2007, 12:51:09 am »

The PayPal account might not work right now.

I set up a PayPal ordinary account but got a warning that it could only accept two CC payments a year. So I upgraded to a Premier acocunt and it has now limited the account while I fulfill a set of inappropriate questions about "my business". It isn't a scam, but I will call them tomorrow first thing to sort it out.

ISTR the DfH lads having a similar problem...
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2007, 08:34:34 am »

Just checked in and seen this.

As most have already said......we just cannot let CA go. Although my boss would probably disagree, as I seem to spend increasing amounts of time lurking and reading CA rather than doing what is fats becoming a mundane job. Oh well.

Happy to make a donation for the short term problem, as I see it is as fair for the amount of info and giggles you get from reading the various posts.

Is the pay pal up and running correctly now?

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2007, 09:11:54 am »

Just logged on after a bysu weekend all over the place - surplus or not, let us know when the paypal account is sorted.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: