Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 10:50:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More bad news - Martin Hines RIP  (Read 2145 times)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2011, 07:58:41 pm »

It seems to have gone somewhat un-noticed, and certainly not mentioned on here that I could see. 

Martin Hines - probably one of the UK's most successful racing drivers, passed away on 28th August, following a battle with the dreaded C word. 

Martin was crowned with 17 motor racing championships - all Karting related, and is responsible for more  British world and national champions than any other person of his generation.  He was the founder of ZIP Kart - one of the pioneers of Karting in Britain, one of its most passionate campaigners, founder of the Zip Kart Young Guns which produced top level drivers including David Coulthard, Lewis Hamilton, Gary Paffett, and of course, his own son, Luke Hines.

Martin Hines was a shrewd businessman, and sometimes not to everyones taste. To my mind though, he was first and foremost a racer, and one of the people who have shaped motorsports in this country.

Martin "Mr Karting" Hines - RIP

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:19:20 pm »

Sad news, If you remember, you won tickets to go to Thruxton in a competition to meet F3 driver Paul Evans and Martin Hines turned up in his Countach. He was happy to leave the doors open and let, mainly kids, or anyone climb in, got some pics of you siiting in it someware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: