Club Arnage
May 18, 2024, 12:32:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 6504 times)
IanS
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2009, 01:19:02 pm »

Whilst appreciating many will want to stick with the race, what are the best options for watching the England game on Saturday night? 

Not expecting much by way of ACO provision based on previous years experience, no offers on the corporate front, and the bar outside the main entrance wont cope with the numbers, so thinking along geny, freesat tv and dish?

Any ideas?
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:58:24 pm »

I will be taking my tv & satelite setup to BN.....
Not only for the England World Cup game on Saturday night but also the Canadian GP F1 on Sunday evening around 5pm GMT & of course not forgetting the 24 hour coverage (I've not seen the finish yet, so another year won't matter!)

I have the full SKy package so all I will do is activate Sky Multiroom for June, £10 then cancel when I return home!

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 03:55:35 pm »

Robbo, you may need a very long phone extension wire, when I ordered multi room Sky stated that the box had to be permanently connected to the phone line, I thought oh ok, bought an extension lead and the box was acctivated, I then unplugged line and said sod them, within minutes I recieved a warning that if the line was not put back on multi room would be blocked.
Speaking to a Sky installer he told me that the line is checked daily to ensure that the box is being used at your home as people were getting multi room and putting the box at a different address, makes sense, get advice or you may be disapointed.
IanS
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 10:48:41 pm »

Not sure why you need sky multi room, the games are on terrestrial ITV(HD) and BBC so any sat reciever will do?  Any big screen options, may be not.  
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 10:50:14 pm by IanS » Logged
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 06:54:30 pm »

I'm just there to watch the race.

I tested negative for patience.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 07:56:13 pm »

I'm just there to watch the race.
It is a bit of waste if you go all that way and don't.  Many years ago we did consider camping on the south coast, and watching it on Sky, but you'd be missing the atmosphere, and the cheap beer and wine.

The trouble is that the beer and wine are no longer so cheap, and the atmosphere is nothing compared to 1988 [/old git mode off]

However, getting back to camp at 2am and watching a bit more on the telly, with a short, and then watching a bit more over breakfast, does make up for some of the disappointment

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 02:24:58 pm »

I must admit that after the Champagne Bar gathering (which seems to have lost it's appeal - whatever happened to the camerarderie of the original "tea towels on the head" meeting?) I tend to plonk myself at various points between the Dunlop Bridge and Tetre Rouge until the contents of my rucksack have finally been consumed and I wander, mainly sideways, back to MB. (Or Houx this year).
By the time I'm back at my tent I'm usually compus mentis enough to grab my folding chair, re-stock the rucksack and head for the banking at MB where I can doze contentedly to the sounds of Corvettes rumbling through the night.
Sheer bliss.

Nothing wrong with being an Old Git btw Lorry!!!

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 11:08:17 pm »

I must admit that after the Champagne Bar gathering (which seems to have lost it's appeal - whatever happened to the camerarderie of the original "tea towels on the head" meeting?) I tend to plonk myself at various points between the Dunlop Bridge and Tetre Rouge until the contents of my rucksack have finally been consumed and I wander, mainly sideways, back to MB. (Or Houx this year).
By the time I'm back at my tent I'm usually compus mentis enough to grab my folding chair, re-stock the rucksack and head for the banking at MB where I can doze contentedly to the sounds of Corvettes rumbling through the night.
Sheer bliss.

Nothing wrong with being an Old Git btw Lorry!!!

Hi Lord Steve,
                  Thank You some happy memories there.
Canada Phil
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 04:39:56 pm »

Hi Phil and a very Happy New Year to you my friend.
I seem to remember you officiating at a faux wedding that year at the Champagne Bar, my mate Kev and someone who's name I can't remember. Nice girl though.
Think that was the year the Wailers played the concert on the other side of the Dunlop Bridge as well. Seem to remember the mass skank by the Up North Crew. I also remember being able to afford two (that's two!!) bottles of champagne. Blimey, it must've been a long time ago!

Steve

johnhere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 04:23:45 am »

As already said if you remove the telephone line on your Sky Multiroom (within 12 months) they will block it.
So swap your main receiver with the Multiroom receiver and take that one. (as long as you have had the main one for over 12moths).
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 11:18:05 am »

When I used to have Sky multiroom it was permanently disconnected in two rooms (due to no phone lines in the rooms), except each week I'd run a line to the box and use the engineer menu to force it to call home. So it should be good for 1 week. It may have changed since then but that worked for me for ages.
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 11:39:29 am »

When I used to have Sky multiroom it was permanently disconnected in two rooms (due to no phone lines in the rooms), except each week I'd run a line to the box and use the engineer menu to force it to call home. So it should be good for 1 week. It may have changed since then but that worked for me for ages.

Top tip Smokie, thanks!
The footie & F1 are on terrestrial so they should be safe!
Its only the LM that I might loose, in which case, I may have to get off my arse and go and watch it live!!

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 03:09:02 am »

Hi Phil and a very Happy New Year to you my friend.
I seem to remember you officiating at a faux wedding that year at the Champagne Bar, my mate Kev and someone who's name I can't remember. Nice girl though.
Think that was the year the Wailers played the concert on the other side of the Dunlop Bridge as well. Seem to remember the mass skank by the Up North Crew. I also remember being able to afford two (that's two!!) bottles of champagne. Blimey, it must've been a long time ago!

Steve
Hi Steve,
              Yes to the above. and the flying mercedes and the Japanese Toyota team nearly made it or was that the year before  Grin
 Phil
               Ye
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 06:12:49 pm »

I'm going to have to look up some old photos and posts on here because this is where we organised the towel head gathering in the early days. See if I can and I'll get back to you.
Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: