Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 02:46:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well done Lewis!  (Read 10955 times)
Bushey Bryce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 07:13:04 pm »

jUST LOVED IT

BB

24 hours in the race 24 beers in a case co-incidence I think not !!!

Co-Ordinator Team Bushey
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 10:19:51 pm »

I missed it but heard the news.

Would of loved to see the face of massa crossing the line and 17 seconds later!!!!!

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 05:11:33 am »

At the end of the day well done to Lewis and McLaren.  But the reality is that it was a entirely laughable F1 championship this year (and I struggle to call it F1 anymore without gagging).  Both Hamilton and Massa made a catalog of mistakes that in any other season would have cost them the championship month's ago.  Prost would have had this whole lot for lunch!  If I play Autocourse editor and rank my top ten (does Autocourse even do that anymore? Haven't purchased a copy in twelve years) Alonso gets the number one ranking by a mile, followed by Vettel and Kubica.  Hamilton will eventually win more titles, far more gloriously than this year.  Not a vintage year for F1...
Jesus lets not even mention the proposed spec engines Roll Eyes
Fax
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 09:38:08 am »

At the end of the day well done to Lewis and McLaren.  But the reality is that it was a entirely laughable F1 championship this year (and I struggle to call it F1 anymore without gagging).  Both Hamilton and Massa made a catalog of mistakes that in any other season would have cost them the championship month's ago.  Prost would have had this whole lot for lunch! 
Fax

I concur. 

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 10:57:05 am »

Felipe Massa and Jean Charles de Menezes .................................

........................two Brazilians both f**ked by a Glock

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 11:09:20 am »

ROFLMAO!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 11:41:52 am »

Good one Bob Grin
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:47 am »

PMSL

Crouch..........bind..........set
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 05:50:48 pm »

At the end of the day well done to Lewis and McLaren.  But the reality is that it was a entirely laughable F1 championship this year (and I struggle to call it F1 anymore without gagging).  Both Hamilton and Massa made a catalog of mistakes that in any other season would have cost them the championship month's ago.  Prost would have had this whole lot for lunch!  If I play Autocourse editor and rank my top ten (does Autocourse even do that anymore? Haven't purchased a copy in twelve years) Alonso gets the number one ranking by a mile, followed by Vettel and Kubica.  Hamilton will eventually win more titles, far more gloriously than this year.  Not a vintage year for F1...
Jesus lets not even mention the proposed spec engines Roll Eyes
Fax

I think your being a trifle harsh on the current generation of drivers. Given that this is only LH 2nd season he has done a very good job, true he has made some horrfic cock ups but over the season I think he matured and is one of the few prepared to have a go and pass.

The others, Vettel is going to be huge, I just hope Red Bull can give him a car to compete, Alonso as a driver is 1st class, as you say.

But Massa, KR, and Kubica are also on their day very good. I bet KR is happy massa did not win, so he can try to retain his No 1 spot at Ferrari but in my view he needs to be alot more focused.

I would love to know what Hamiliton could do in a Ferrari 312 or Lotus 25, I have the feeling he would be there or there abouts in the same way as Laude or Clark would cope well with a modern car.

We can look forward to next years cars, slicks are back and the add on wings will be gone so the cars will at least look a bit better, but the new rules re rear wings may result in some odd looking devices.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 07:09:49 pm »

I agree that Vettel and Kubica will be tremendous forces in the sport for years to come, along with Alonso and Hamilton.  He may not be the nicest bloke out there but Alonso is clearly destined to be among the greats.  Hamilton will also be great, but needs to cutback on the screw-ups and over-ambitious overtaking manuevers, especially once Kubica and Vettel find themselves in truly competitve equipment, he'll throw away too many points.  Its a good thing contemporary McLaren's are so sturdy, because he just goes clanging into things left & right, and the car holds togther.  I'm not anywhere close to being as sold on Massa, I suspect that this season will probably have been Massa's closest sniff at a world title.  To me he's another Rene Arnoux, terrific one week, a shambles the next.  I just can't seem to say Massa and world champion in the same sentence, the same way I could never picture David Coulthard wearing number one.
Fax
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 08:02:51 pm »

It is hard to see massa as anything other than a good number 2. But given his pace in the 2nd half of the season maybe we should think again. If he gets a better start to the season than kR, then the Finns head will go down again. Ferrari seem to find it hard not to focus on a single driver.

If the season was decided on race wins. Massa would have won this year.

Fax, Have you voted yet?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 08:28:47 pm »

Ordinarily I would have thought Massa wouldn't have seen which way Kimi went, but its hard to figure out what was going on with Raikkonen this year, either he just couldn't get on with the 08 car or just lost his focus completely...or both!  But in the grand scheme of things I don't think Massa is in Kimi's class.  In a few years when they do another one of those books about the top one hundred GP drivers of all-time, KR is going to pop up alot higher toward the top than Massa.
Voted about three hours ago, good riddance to the hillbilly in the White House and his Hitler Youth administration!  Very very early yet, but things look like a Obama win from the exit polling going on.  Ohio is going to be one of the key states tonight, I've done my part!
The polls close here at 7:30
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 08:41:50 pm »

Rupert, (can't get used to calling you by your proper name!) I trust you'll be joining me and Fax on the scaffold at Turn 10 to shoot the sh*t on racers past, the glories of Hunt, Gilles, Senna  Angry, Jags and Porkers etc and gobbing from the hights onto the Harpers below whilst watching contemporary sportscars on a proper old fashioned race track. I can't remember many happier few hours than spent doing that in 2005.

PS Fax, please don't let me down, if I book that flight you better bloody be there this time! OR ELSE!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 10:20:54 pm »

I'm there next March Andy Wink  Wouldn't miss it.
Fax
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 08:49:38 am »

Andy, would like to think sometime in the future a trip to Sebring will be possible, but I dont think 09 will be on the cards sadly.

It looks like you doing your bit Fax really worked, what a landslide.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: