Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 08:55:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Packing  (Read 11127 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2003, 12:55:54 am »

Any other saddos started packing yet?

I have a corner in my office (I work from home) which is already filling with the gadgets and electronics I need to take, and a corner of the garage filling quickly with the "hardware" items.

Green card and additional insurance so Mark can drive arrived today, and is in an envelope (which I'll probably forget) with my passport and driving licence.

I predict this one will bring powermite out of the woodwork...
Andy Z
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 01:01:08 am »

Not actual packing but I took the Commer for it's MOT this morning. It set fire to it's dashboard on the M23, as the nail I put in in place of a fuse had cause a short in hthe wipers. The nail was glowing red and a four foot section of wire soon had the new carpet on fire.

Anway the bastard failed on corrosion so it's out with the mig welder tomorrow.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 01:04:08 am »

Ianb, started packing in July, last year, we even have two sink tops with working taps to take this year( last year we only had the one ) Thought a double drainer would have done us, but no! taps are worked of windscreen washer pumps. Boss  ay.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 08:24:44 am »

I haven't started packing yet, but am off to a Hovercraft race meeting next weekend, which shall be a trial run.  Check the tent hasn't sprung a leak etc.

As regards the green card for the car ordered that so long ago I anticipate at least a week will be spent looking for it!  Earlier this week I spent several hours looking for the service book, only to find it in the car!
IanB
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 12:08:39 pm »

two sinks. Bri . don't forget the electric shower!!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 12:25:28 pm »

I dont need to pack as I live in a state of readiness the whole year round.I even leave the car in the garage with a full fuel tank in case a mototring event comes up at short notice.
PM
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 12:33:12 pm »

two sinks. Bri . don't forget the electric shower!!

Now its odd you should mention that as I have been thinking about the possibility of an electric shower!  Just haven't got the technical knowhow!  I was thinking along the lines of one of those toilet tents for the cubicle, heat the water in several of those solar bags people seem to acquire from somewhere, a pump and a shower head and there you are!
IanB
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2003, 01:54:50 pm »

Looks like you've copied our design,tried it in the garden its works great apart from the water was freezin
                   Ian
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2003, 02:00:41 pm »

Solar shower bags are available at most caravanning/camping stores. 10 Litre one was about a tenner from memory.

We have installed an electric shower in the Commer, £17 also from the camping shop. You just drop the pump into a bowl of warm water, it plugs into the fag lighter. Very powerful.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2003, 02:23:14 pm »

Andy, some Commer, you have. Is it true that it has the following.
Garage under master bedroom for the 911.
Pull out conservitory.
Jacuzzi
Guest bedroom with ensuite.
Central heating, via the six inch nail.
And now to top it all, a power shower.
Felix, has some catching up to do.
Thought you would be on the mig, today not surfing around here.
Catch u later.
Brian.

More Low Flyer's anyone.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 02:28:37 pm »

Right its off to the camping shop for me.  Best not tell the other half what I am up to, she'll accuse me of wasting money, especially if it pee's down with rain again this year!

Incidentially can anyone explain why once unppacked the tent and its poles etc will never go back in its carry bag?
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2003, 03:02:08 pm »

I have to say that I have been sad and am buying things little by little and stashing them in my room. Bought a new tent, pans, radios etc etc etc.  This will be my 3rd year of many to come and every time I have been, I see something that I want and think is a good idea. I got a free fridge and a free genny this year but don't have the room to take it, so its a trailer next year.

Stu
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2003, 03:10:29 pm »

Stu, we started with a car and ski box on top, we have gone in all sorts, camper vans, caravans. One year we thought about going in one of these horse box's with the grooms quarters. We now take a car trailer that has a box fitted to it, it is massive and we still have room on the arse end for the bikes. Loads of room on the trip back to stock up on the old wine and other goodies. The down side is the ferry price.
Brian.

More Low Flyer's anyone.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2003, 07:17:38 pm »

Andy Z

I've checked out two loacl camping shops and they have nothing like the shower pump you descibe. Any diea if your loacl one does mail order or takes credit cards over the phone. Or is there a make and model on the pump.

Cheers
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2003, 07:22:44 pm »

I think Andy is talling about a shower rather than a pump. They are black plastic bags with a short hose and shower head. You fill 'em and leave them lying in the sun and they heat up. Then hang them from a tree or something and they work by gravity. Actually very effeicient at heating, but nothing like a power shower!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: