Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 06:04:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now Were All Friends Again  (Read 7835 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 01:17:36 pm »

Rats and Rats!!!
I've just had a quick look at a route planner, and it has me arriving at MB at past midnight! I used the 'drivers pants on fire' option as well, oh no.
I'm sure my vision has detiorated badly over the last few months, so I think I'll need to get hold of some night vision goggles (manufactured by Youngs of Wandsworth) and maybe take a browse through the 'Hubble' section of the opticians catalogue pretty soon. The car's not happy either, I mentioned 'night driving' within earshot and it immediately shed its diff oil in fright. Not even cleaning the headlights will help it, in the dark it'd be very easy to run over the man with the red flag, I think main beam is about 1W. Brail for the instruments might help. Alternatively, I could go for full sensory deprivation and Abu Ghraib tactics by pumping up the personal stereo and noise kill headphones.
Maybe it'll be a full moon
Yours in the dark, and trepidation..
H
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 01:19:08 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 01:36:53 pm »

Just a quick piece of advice lads, it is a tad overpriced at the champagne bar. It's a good place to meet and share a bottle or two, but if you've prolonged consumption in mind then I'd bring along a few of your own.

Unless of course you're stinking rich, have a black Amex card, a diamond studded Prince Albert, and butlers employed purely for winnet removal and rodding the bogs.

In which case, mine's a half.
H

Top idea H. Survey the bar on the way to the funfair one evening to check which brand they are serving this year and then grab a few from Carrefour!!
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 01:48:45 pm »

Men, that's a bloody good idea. They serve Mumm, see here: http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=1115

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 01:55:24 pm »

They serve Mumm

Mumm was being served last year, but a different brand was used in 2002. Mumm was an improvment in quality.
Just need to check prior to Saturday.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 04:59:37 pm »

Top idea H. Survey the bar on the way to the funfair one evening to check which brand they are serving this year and then grab a few from Carrefour!!

I don't think it really matters what brand it is. Just buy what you want. The way its set out they would'nt notice if you were selling the stuff.  Smokie had some other make I think last year, him being wise enough to bring a bottle.

Stu
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 05:24:35 pm »

...and I'm not sure one bottle was enough. I just went for a moderately priced something - think it was Heidseck, but it's all a long time ago now...
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 07:45:15 pm »

Went on a little shopping expedition when over in France last month.

This little lot should get our merry little band started (of farted).  I don't have photographic evidence of the horrendous amount of Nigerian etc. that's sitting in the UK right now, but suffice to say it's not a pretty picture.

The great thing about buying the champers in advance and taking it to the track is that it's less than half the price for nicer stuff than the plonk at the champers bar.  I remember the good old days when the Champers Cork Mercier was 25 nicker.  I reckon this it's now mid 30s!

I also remember gettting so wrecked on Champers 2 yrs ago that I actually died.  And then spent what felt like several days locked in the ladies shitter in Houx.  Urrrgggghhh.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 08:56:19 pm »

Simon P,

The best thing is just see what you can.  Things change from year to year the "side shows" ar enot organised as such they just happen so you can't really be sure what is the best thing to do or see.  

Untill the Mid Ninties you could go down to Restaurant des Hunaudières on the Mulsanne straight on a Friday and see all sorts of exotic cars parked up.  Then there was some Wheel spining fun near Indinapolis but not last year.  Arnarge seemed quite good fun last year during the morning early afternoon.  

You simply can't see everything.   Since it's your first year I would recomend that you just go touring and see whats about.  

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: