Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 10:27:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Music!!  (Read 24459 times)
rcutler
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 11:41:23 pm »

.... twin side pieps.

Have another one of these Mr Brown....
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 12:29:03 am »

Got one of those new fangled MP3 things so listening to a real mixture of stuff- Beatles, Super Furry Animals, kinks, love, Stone Roses, Patti Smith, New York Dolls, Echo and Bunnymen, Clash, Specials, The La's, Flying Burritto Brothers, Portishead, The Jam, Libertines, John  Mayalls Blues Breakers to name but a few. Just put it on shuffle and crank it up!

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Fork 'n' Knife - somebody else besides Leigh (JPC) and I who are loving Echo & The Bunnymen!!

This year's Le Mans was 'The Killers' for me - 'Smile Like You Mean It' because I smiled from the minute I was at the gate to MB until I had to leave MB (oh! and the DucRider!)

Also, did enjoy lots of Babyshambles and Maximo Park - Queen 'Don't Stop Me Now' always gets me from Super U in Arnage to MB in one piece.

Lisa
 Kiss Kiss

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 12:46:18 am »

Rick,

At this time of night I prefer the golden amber nectar from north of Hadrians wotsit................

But, correct me if I'm wrong here, the artists and styles of music posted here would suggest to me that the youngest respondent to be about 36/38 yrs old (sorry ladies).

After Santana, it was Deep Purple 'Wish You Were Here' and now it's Pink Floyd 'Meddle'.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 08:02:49 am »

Not far off with the age there jerry- just a tad younger!
 RS2 Babe- Bunnymen would make top Sat night band at Le Mans- The Cutter full blast as the vettes rumble past would be something else- the campaign starts here! bunnymen were my first ever gig, Buxton Pavilion in the snow in about 84, hardly anyone made it, got there in cousins Landie,  awesome!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 09:58:32 am »

Music? All kinds of styles and artists, there s nothing to really point out to. Just drop by for a general music night at Le Mans, and you can get a pretty good picture of what I like. I believe 'broad interest' is the best description. There a just a few things I can't enjoy, and they include R&B, Black metal, death metal and anything else where it'S obvious someone wanted to be a singer, couldn't sing, and startedscreaming in the Mike and thought it was cool.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 10:08:27 am »

I've got the latest Manics CD in the car at the mo.  Other than that it tend to be Feeder, Stereophonics (there's a theme here!) and that kind of thing.  Also "The Most Serene Republic", quite big in Canada and my wife's cousin is the lead guitarist.  Virgin Radio at home thanks to the wonders of DAB   Grin

If sponges didn't grow in the sea just think how deep it would be!!
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 10:27:29 am »

LOL - I saw them play many years ago and I gotta say their drummer was one of the funninest things I ever saw on a stage........ put the Muppets Animal in the shade...... F
There's a Le Mans link to the La's, the curly haired one who went on to form Cast had a kinky TR6 and had just got back from LM when I got backstage at the Academy in Man'cr in '98. He was quite a petrolhead.

John power is that chaps name met him a few months back at a small gig he did in Dublin and was a bit of a hippy petrolhead strange contradiction but hey whatever floats you boat nice bloke though for a scouser.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 10:35:37 am »

John Power- thats the chap, could not remember his name for the life of me- bit young for dementia, cheers!
 What a rather good taste in music you all have!
 To expand on this theme- As well as what you cats are listening to now, tell us what's your favourite band/artist, 1st gig, best gig, worst gig and fave album of all time.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 10:55:15 am »

Ok Ill go first::

favourite band/artist - Queen
1st gig - Queen Paris September 1984
best gig - Marillion Cardiff Students Union November 1984 just before they became better known
worst gig  - Hawkwind 1985 Only concert I ever walked out of - It was dire!!!
fave album  - this is hard because it changes all the time most listened to in recent times would be Pink Floyd Echoes - but since its a compilation can it count??
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 10:58:33 am »

Generally, whatever's in the CD changer at the time - our CD stackers in the cars tend to get filled when we buy them and emptied 3 years later when the cars are sold  Roll Eyes
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 11:01:30 am »

my fangled MP3 lm07 drive down playlist was:
The stone Roses - Plastic Betrand - Charlatans - New Order - Razorlight - Stone Roses - MC Solaar - Chemical Brothers - Happy Mondays - MC Solaar - Jamie T - Claude Monnet feat Monica Nogueira - The Beatles - MC Solaar - Charlatans - Inner City - Jamie T - Madeleine Peyroux - MC Solaar - New Order - Primal Scream - New Order - Edith Piaf

Thats right the Humber is MP3 enabled!!

Fave band - New Order (on knees i am not worthy)
Fave Album - changes a lot but overall classic would be New Order Substance
1st gig - My Bloody Valentine Reading Uni too many years ago
Best Gig - New Order Reading '93 (ish??) or New Order News Years night Ally Pally 98/99 or any one of the New Fads gigs at the After Dark
Worst gig - JTQ, went with a bird who i didn't really like and i hate modern jazz

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 11:19:32 am »

favourite band/artist - all the way from Shepherd's Bush, The Who

1st gig - The Clash, Cornwall Coliseum, St Austell, 1980 ish (I can still remember the piles of confisgated studded belts at the entrance)

best gig - Pink Floyd, Division Bell tour, Earl's Court, 1995 ish (superb light show etc)

worst gig - Bay City Rollers, Ipswich Regent, about 10 years ago (persuaded to go with my darling wife, reliving her youth)

fave album of all time - many in this league but it has to be The Who Live at Leeds turned up to 11.

Steve East Anglian cobras

RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 12:15:44 pm »

Gigs first:-

First: Genesis at DeMontfort Hall - probably 1975/6

Best: Pink Floyd Dark Side tour at (I think) Trentham Gardens - sometime in the 70s

Worst: Mud at Derby Tech - they were aweful!

Seeing Genesis at Twickenham next weekend (will make it the third time, saw them at the NEC in 1982).

Best album: Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
2nd Best: Selling England by the Pound - Genesis

Currently listening to Maximo Park, Editors and Kooks before that.

I once played Deep Purple Speed King while driving down the M40 - the cassette went out the window when I looked at the speedo and realised it was waaaay over 125!!!!! - middle of the afternoon as well - and I still have my licence (more luck than anything else).
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 12:25:12 pm »

Dave Newcastle, have to say Hawkwind were crap when I saw them. My mates older brother was their tour manager in the 90's and got us in to an after show party in Manchester. I'll never forget the sight of Happy Mondays' Shaun Ryder admiring the Tattoo on Oliver Reed's cock- bizare!
 VqDave- take it you like that Solaar geezer?

Dick Dasterdly was right
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 12:52:39 pm »

VqDave- take it you like that Solaar geezer?

Oh yes, never really liked rap what with all that gangsta nonsense then listened to MCSolaar, and being french his voice is more of an instrument as i do not understand french well enough to know what he is saying and it is great driving music, you gotta listen to some......and now i am getting into more rap as a consequence and can appreciate it now, says the white boy mutha funkster reaching across his desk for some Courvoisier.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: