Club Arnage
May 12, 2024, 04:54:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO booking confirmation letters  (Read 24172 times)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 11:22:50 pm »

Bleu was ok back along when I camped there with my dad and his mates but that was about 10 years ago! Guess we will have to just see what happens aye... Wink

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2008, 09:39:10 am »

Well, after being away and reading through the various camping threads running at the moment I decided to drop the ACO a mail yesterday regarding my KN tickets ...
Dear Sir,

We haven’t started to record the bookings, but you should receive your allocation letter around February.

Best regards,

Service Réservation / Booking Office
Circuit des 24 Heures
72019 Le Mans Cedex 2
FRANCE
Tel: (0033)(0)892 697 224 (0,34€/min)
Fax: (0033) (0)2 43 84 47 13

So looks like it's just the MB requests that are being dealt with at the moment ...
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2008, 09:42:51 am »

I ordered 20 as usual. Confirmation always came though a couple of weeks prior to Christmas and demanding payment within 14 days, I always took that as being a c*ntish French joke knowing that it would always send everybody into panic as all the cards etc are full at that time of year and you wouldn't be able to sort anything out. The one thing that you do have to remember that over all the years that we have all been going is that we all have to go through the same rigmarole every year... The f**k*ng Frogs have been changing the rules as long as I have been going and that started in '91, small fry compared to some of the older die hards but it still is a fact. Maybe it is their way of getting back at the the rest of us as the only time that they had a strong country was through theat Corisican Bonaparte and they now need to flex their muscles, most recently they have been known for 'running away' from any kind of conflict, and the only way that they claimed fame to Bonaparte and Corsica is that they bought it but decided not to let it be known. Hey, how many French have declared that they were members of the resistance ? Clearly all of them, the c**ts, why didn't they show that kind of resistance when the Germans drove through the Belgians woods bybassing the Magnot line, eh.
I'll leave it there for the moment.

Rusty Grin 

9/10  Cheesy

Very good anti-french rant Rusty, I could have written it myself. You lose a mark for failing to mention their ghastly restaurants, foul toilets, poisonous drinking water and the terrible smell.

And, I think, half a point deducted for not mentioning that famous French military victory "The Sinking of the Rainbow Warrior"

I'm suprised that the bastards haven't declared the anniversary a public holiday

You had just had to go and piss me off by mentioning the Rainbow Warrior didn't you!  Bloody French Bastards blowing things up in New Zealand and then being 'punished' by living on an atoll in the middle of the Pacific!   Angry Angry Angry

We got our own back though.  We turned the wreck into a dive site and now we make lots of tourist dollars out if it.   Cool

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2008, 10:26:27 am »

We got our own back though.  We turned the wreck into a dive site and now we make lots of tourist dollars out if it.   Cool

Wouldn't it be better to get French Euro$ out of that? Roll Eyes

Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2008, 11:19:25 am »

I wonder if the confusion arose because of a misunderstanding that I had made a CA collective booking, whereas, as said above, all I did - or indeed ever offered to do - was hand all the forms in (as sent to me) at 09.00 on the day the bookings were first being accepted.

Your effort was really apreciated, Termie. It's definitely not your fault the booking didn't go as we anticipated. My struggle at the moment is to find a good spot to have both our encampment and be able to have the Friday Party without any problems.
Oh well, we live and learn...

Shame that minefields have been outlawed, as they would provide a certain satisfying level of security against undesirables..... After our incident last year, we're planning to use a few of these or something similar:

http://www.c-p-p.co.uk/product/asp/ProdID/2062/CtgID/1006/af/page.htm

As well as the normal precautions of keeping stuff locked up or on the person, when set with the alarm suitably hidden and the ripcord wired up (with something suitably invisible like fishing line) so that it pulls if doors, tent flaps or kit is moved, then a pretty instant warning is available that something is not as it should be.  Might help you in resolving the issue.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2008, 11:58:47 am »

Ah, the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior.... finally something good those stupid French people did Cheesy Let's face it: they did what most countries wanted to do but didn't have the guts for. At least give them credit for that.

I don't like Greenpeace. Without a doubt their intentions are good, but they lie and cheat to get their way AND they put other people's lives at risk. At least they do at sea. I don't like that. No matter how important you think your cause is, you DON'T have the right to put someone else at risk. My dad's been a sailor all his live (tug boats) and I've often enough heard him rant about Greenpeace. Not only about their actions, but also about the way they (mis)behave whenever they go on shore. Thinking of themselves as Truely Elite and not having the slightest respect for the people living in the harbour cities.

I totally agree with most of what they are trying to accomplish, but I just don't like them. It's way too far off topic to go any deeper into why I don't like them though.

That's my two cents Wink

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »

The plot thickens. I contacted the ACO to see if they could tell me whether I might be one of the lucky ones and they told me they are losing 400 places on MB. So I asked if maybe I could request a switch to Karting Nord and they have told me that KN will be reduced in size because of works as well!

More trackside corporate hospitality perhaps?
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2008, 12:25:30 pm »

Urgh ... Just hoping I get mine (although have a few already brought through Just Tickets just to make sure) ... I suppose it won't be long until the dreaded 35m2 pitches arrive at KN too now then ......  Angry
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2008, 02:16:25 pm »

Other than it's a bit tricky for KK to take photo's - given the level of Motors coverage of the race last year, the idea of just taking the week off and living in the garden with a feed from the skybox is looking quite appealing  Grin

The supermarkets are discounting beer enough that it could almost be France and I'm sure I can find horsemeat steaks if I look hard  Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2008, 02:20:58 pm »

Other than it's a bit tricky for KK to take photo's - given the level of Motors coverage of the race last year, the idea of just taking the week off and living in the garden with a feed from the skybox is looking quite appealing  Grin

I must admit to having sent a tongue in cheek email to Paddy suggesting we all just party at his work place and watch it on TV
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2008, 03:08:04 pm »

Why 'tongue in cheek'? Sounds like a good idea to me Grin

We'd even have the right sounds with the motorway being right there. Hell, the Audi's passing by there make more sound than those competing at LM Tongue

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2008, 03:37:42 pm »

Petra, I like it

MBLF: Maison Blanche Liberation Front  Grin Grin

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: