Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 05:54:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stories and pictures for the Club Arnage Guide 2013 needed  (Read 11194 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2013, 11:23:10 am »

Hi all,

work on the CA Guide 2013 has started and I will soon ask for dedicated help with updates for the standard chapters the guide.

As regular readers are aware the CA Guide is not restricted to factual information like entry list and race week schedule, we also enrich it regularly with stories around motor racing (usually but not necessarily Le Mans related) or funny pictures or memories from forum members from their trips to Le Mans.

For this year we already plan with 2 stories:

1. "Garage 56": Hansgerd will compile a report about this entry. Should you stumble across any useful information about this car, (I heard they recently tested it for the first time) or the team , please drop him a pm or post it here.

2. "Women at Le Mans": I will write a report about this. No, this will not be about the Hawaian Tropic babes or Big Irta, I'll focus on the female drivers which competed in the past at La Sarthe.

Additional suggestions for interesting topics, stories and pictures are welcome!

Best

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 11:31:22 am »

I'll take care of the pictures.
Got everything from Sebring & Silverstone (ALMS, WEC, ELMS) and will be at Spa (not sure of credentials yet) and the testday in June (with credentials).  Should have almost all cars now except a rolling shot of the Garage 56 thing.

Could check the pages also again with links to useful websites too, as I did last year.  If you need more help, just give me a shout Smiley

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:35:31 am »

I'll take care of the pictures.

Great, I was hoping for this.

Best

Werner

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 12:09:32 pm »

2. "Women at Le Mans": I will write a report about this. No, this will not be about the Hawaian Tropic babes or Big Irta, I'll focus on the female drivers which competed in the past at La Sarthe.

If, during your research you happen upon Vanina Ickx's telephone number then please pass it on. Also if you need anyone to interview her I'm quite happy to do it.  Grin

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 01:43:32 pm »

If you need any pics of Vanina from her Rollcentre days then I think I have a few, in car (inc a fab one at Tertre Rouge) and in garage.

Geoff

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 02:13:07 pm »

I'll have a look for photos of Vanina and Liz Halliday too

Wooosh!!!!
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 11:09:27 pm »

Good luck

There was the 1991 Spice of Lyn St James, Desire Wilson and Cathy Muller that lasted 47 laps.  Other than that and Vanina, women (eg Danica Patrick)  haven't really bothered with Le Mans.

Where is Sabine Schmitz when you need her

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 02:36:28 am »

Hi Werner,
               As you can see great interest in Women at Le Mans. If you were not already planning to please include something about the fans.  Our own CA  Termie, Doris and Fran being excelent examples of women race fans.

Werner & Kristof, Can we come up with something a little nicer than "Garage 56 THING' to describe the Hydrogen powered car  Grin Does it have a real name ? Though it is no less different than the DelatWing I like it better already.
The side tanks i understand the bouffant head dress is less appealing Smiley
Phil
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 09:19:16 am »

If, during your research you happen upon Vanina Ickx's telephone number then please pass it on. Also if you need anyone to interview her I'm quite happy to do it.  Grin

I've got it.......

I tested negative for patience.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 11:25:14 am »

54 women raced at le mans.the 3 swiss girls in the ford gt lasted quite well i seem to remember.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 12:36:36 pm »

1994 even saw a woman on the podium - Lilian Bryner - she finished second in GT2 class with her 2 male team mates.

lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

although PP dnf le mans she won the indi 500 in 1969

* bth_penelope_pitstop.gif (7.51 KB, 159x103 - viewed 575 times.)

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 08:40:53 pm »

Maybe cover the lady race engineers. The winning Audi a few tears ago had one.

Lilian Bryner was pretty handy, drove 333sp and prodrive cars to some good finishes.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 09:15:17 pm »

Hi Werner,
               Please be sure to mention Kaye Petre originally from Toronto Canada  Grin finished 13th on her 1st attempt in 1934. 2 more attempts in 1935 & 37 DNF ..I blame the car Wink Also held the lap record at Brooklands at 134mph (for 3 days) before Gwenda Hawkes went a little faster. Gwenda drove a Derby/Maserati at Le Mans about 1935 ?

Phil
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 09:24:42 pm »

1994 even saw a woman on the podium - Lilian Bryner - she finished second in GT2 class with her 2 male team mates.

Didn't Andrea Robertson also climb the podium in 2011 for Robertson Racing in LM GTE AM??

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: