Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 01:36:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extra Vehicle with Camping Ticket  (Read 6336 times)
capinpugwash

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:31 am »

I am booked onto Tetre Rouge campsite for this years 24 hour race and will be going to the site on the Monday before the race. My son is coming to the track on the Wednesday before the race and wants to stay in my motorhome with me.

He is coming on his motorbike and my question is, can he get into the campsite with his bike when I will be the one with the permit. He will have a GA ticket.

The booking in/out system seems to make this impossible and any advice would be most appreciated.

Stu.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 10:51:25 am »

Last year we were on BN and Ian Wills was joining us on Thursday Morning on his motor bike. I had a ticket for him which I was going to walk out to him when he phoned to say he was at the gate. There was no need as he rode straight in unchallenged. It seems to me that if you turn up on a bike that is not loaded down with camping gear the gate gestapo presume you are already camped up and let you through.

Ian will probebly be along later to verify this.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 05:16:31 pm »

Security on tertre rouge is the tightest down there so it will be difficult, however on the first few days things are usually a little less tight so try to get an extra exit pass, usually after  few days we will end up ith at least one extra pass for the campsite entry, however the main gate under the bridge at tertre rouge corner will be harder, they use an electronic reader there and the only way to get in is if you have a camping pass for the bike, and a spare TR will be hard to get.
capinpugwash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 06:40:53 pm »

Thanks for the responses. I think that arriving on spec in the hope he can get in is a bit risky. I guess we need to have a plan B.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:10:07 pm »

This true, I did  just ride in after talking loudly and waving my arms around at the gate staff  Grin. However on returning on Friday afternoon with Andy, we were challenged more vigously and they we not impressed with our waving back at them as we rode through. I would suggest  he could probably blag it onthe way in but may need to be sharing the campervan ticket with the bike (unless the reg is noted) if he goes out over the weekend. 
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:40:44 am »

If you can fit the bike in the motor home that might be the solution, take the motor home out when he arrives and then drive back in with the bike in the back as you pass through the security at the main gates, at the campsite enterance if you do not have enough reentry passes you will have to blagg it, Or alternatively wait until a new arrival comes along (first time arrival) and see if your son can blag a ride in with them, most people will be happy as long as there is room.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 11:00:39 am »

The guys on Bleu Nord wrote my reg number on my pass last year.

That was the 3rd consecutive year that I've camped on BN & security has increased every year.

You MIGHT get away with sharing a pass.  Is you motor home on a single pitch?  If it covers 2 pitches you should receive 2 passes, shouldn't you?

Crouch..........bind..........set
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:04:14 pm »

No large pitches on TR they are all single's, you need a pass for every vehicle that goes in) unless it is hidden, the security readers log each pass in and out so the old dodge of 3 cars in, one out with all 3 passes and then pass those to other vehicles which was common a few years ago has been closed.
tn*c
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:13:16 pm »

The ACO could really do with a bracelet that goes round the handlebar of the bike. Charge 15E for the cost of it. Once bracelet is fitted bike can come and go. No loaded bikes with bracelets as otherwise 1 bike several trips and very cheap camping.

Stops the issues in my opion.

We have 1 motorhome and 2 cars, but 4 tickets, no problem.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 10:15:16 pm »

Charge 15E for the cost of it.

On top of the camping permit you have already paid for?

Don't give them ideas Wink

On the pass question, they can be fine, or very funny about it, have experienced both.
2 years ago they let Andy in and out all week without checking his pass, and spent the first 4 days checking my pass every time I came back in.
The odd thing was his bike is fitted with panniers and top box and mine isn't.
They obviously didn't like the look of me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:16:54 pm by Barry » Logged
tn*c
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 09:36:20 am »

I agree that yes you shouldnt have to pay it ontop of the ticket. Every ticket can have one band for free. After that they are chargeble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: