Club Arnage
May 15, 2024, 10:52:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions regarding camping.  (Read 7236 times)
McBrainless

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:59:22 pm »

Hi,

I'm planning on visiting the Le Mans next year (2012) and just want to gather some information about costs etc. to plan up ahead.

What I was hoping you guys could answer is, is one 7x5m camping area enough, when I would bring a car with 4 people (with 1 big or two smaller tents). Or would it be way too small?
Also the car would be a Ford Focus Mk2 Estate. So not a very big car, then again, not the smallest one either.

Also, would Tertre Rouge be a good camping site, for a buch of first timers on Le Mans?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 03:07:46 pm by McBrainless » Logged
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »

Depends on the campsite you choice, open sites like BJS, dairion, pinc etc will be ok with one ticket but those with strict rules like Houx, TR or MB might be worth getting two, however seen Van's and minibuses with many more than 4 people and they make do with one space. However remember that aswell as the car and tents you need space for BBQ,Gazebo etc
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 05:14:47 pm »

The standard space will (just) hold 3 normal sized cars parked very close together.  So I'd say that one space is pushing it, with GT6's caveats about the non-numbered sites though.  People who stay regularly on TR seem to like it - it's well placed for track viewing but a bit of a walk to the village (and I'm not sure that the little trains go out that far now so it's walk or nowt - fine in the cool of the evening but a bit of a slog if it's hot or wet.)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 12:53:09 am »

Hi McBrainless,
                    Why not come this year and see for your self  Grin
Along with above posts  Tetre Rouge i not very flat. though it suits some fine.
I would try for the CA favourites like MB BN and Houx. With four I would suggest 2 sites unless you want to sit in the car when not in the tent Shocked Shocked
Phil
McBrainless

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 12:39:54 am »

Hi McBrainless,
I would try for the CA favourites like MB BN and Houx. With four I would suggest 2 sites unless you want to sit in the car when not in the tent Shocked Shocked
Phil
Being a student, who's living from one paycheck to another and also as I'm in Estonia are the facts that make this year quite difficult. The cheapest way would be by ferries to Finland and from there to Germany and then an 12-14h drive. Or Straight from Estonia, through Baltics and Poland, with about 27-30h of driving. It takes some planning and financial funds, which I'm currently lacking quite a bit Smiley

So just doin' some research for next year Wink
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 09:36:35 am »

TR might not be flat, but being effectively on the highest point for miles around has many advantages, also not sure where others think TR is but a quick stroll over the Dunlop bridge and you are almost in the village. Either the other campsites have moved since I stayed on them or distances seemed larger when I was young,
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 11:45:40 am »

get driving thats no excuse, im driving all the way from Norway thats not exactly just round the corner Wink
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 12:02:55 pm »

. Either the other campsites have moved since I stayed on them or distances seemed larger when I was young,
Grin  I'm just getting spoilt now that I can park behind the grandstands.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 11:23:23 pm »

If travelling alone perhaps the train. there is a bus from the station in Le Mans so it is possible to come with just a back pack. I did the 30 hour drive for Sebring so not knocking driving it is fun too.
Phil

Hi McBrainless,
Phil
Being a student, who's living from one paycheck to another and also as I'm in Estonia are the facts that make this year quite difficult. The cheapest way would be by ferries to Finland and from there to Germany and then an 12-14h drive. Or Straight from Estonia, through Baltics and Poland, with about 27-30h of driving. It takes some planning and financial funds, which I'm currently lacking quite a bit Smiley

So just doin' some research for next year Wink
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:55:08 am »

there is a bus from the station in Le Mans so it is possible to come with just a back pack
Phil
And a tram direct from station to circuit.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 01:48:34 pm »

I did the 30 hour drive for Sebring so not knocking driving it is fun too.
Phil

I have a feeling that you won't be doing this alone next year Wink

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: