Club Arnage
May 30, 2024, 07:14:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Never again...  (Read 9662 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 09:44:56 am »

Another plus was rather unexpected. My wife always gives me loads of hassle every year in the run up. She hates it when i go on 'holiday' with my friends each year. Last night she told me that if i ever stay at home during Le Mans i will be strangled alive, and suggested we booked next years ferry straight away.

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Sounds familiar, for some reason that now escapes me I didn't go in 2004 (after picking up again in 2000 after missing out for years due to lack of money), but after being like a bear with a sore head all weekend my wife told me that never again was I to miss LM!  So whilst missing a year is traumatic, it can work out for the best Grin
Be careful though, my wife "tolerated" Brad and I's planing and going to LM. Then, when we had a bit of money to spare, she booked a long weekend of shopping in New York for her and our daughters on the basis that I had spent the same amount on our LM trips. The reality is that we are still catching up on what they spent, so it wasn't such a bad thing, points in the bank.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 10:46:53 am »

She hates it when i go on 'holiday' with my friends each year.

I stiil hear the holiday word every year even though this year was my 20th. Every year I say "It's not a holiday, it's Le Mans" but every year she insists that it is a holiday. What holiday has she ever been on where most of it is spent in a sometimes sodden field surrounded by inebriated noisy people and only averaging 2 or 3 hours sleep a night. Christ on a bike she has even seen photographic evidence to prove my point. Her idea of a holiday is a luxury hotel with flunkies pandering to her every need. Holiday my arse, it has alway been Le Mans, and it always will be.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 03:26:04 pm »

Holiday my arse, it has alway been Le Mans, and it always will be.

Have to agree Bob.  I've tried explaining to people we don't go to Le Mans because we want to!   I suspect that given the choice we wouldn't go.  However,  Thereis no choice.  In reality we HAVE to go.  I've tried explaining it but they just don't get it!

I once heard a guy say about Le Mans "Show me a sane person and I'll cure them!"

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 04:54:16 pm »

My wife is off on her girly weekend. She leaves on the Friday when the festival of speed starts.
Now what should I do  Grin Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 11:26:55 am »

My wife is off on her girly weekend.

What's a girly weekend?   Huh

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 11:50:21 am »

My wife is off on her girly weekend. She leaves on the Friday when the festival of speed starts.

Change the locks, barricade the doors, and dig a trench in the garden for her return...??

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 12:19:50 pm »

Change the locks, barricade the doors, and dig a trench in the garden for her return...??

and add some of those glass mines the germans used in WW2

tn*c
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 12:33:50 pm »

and add some of those glass mines the germans used in WW2

That's why bottles were banned!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: