Club Arnage
May 08, 2024, 10:51:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something I picked up at MotoGP Indy  (Read 5081 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2011, 06:17:17 pm »

Couldn't leave Indy last Sunday without buying something.  The Dainese-AGV garage had AGV-GP Tech's ridiculoulsy marked down, and needed a new lid, so we plunked down for one these (would show the actual helmet but having trouble downloading pics from camera to computer, so pulled this off the internet).  We're both fans of the wildman, so had to get one of his replica's.  The Dainese guys were saying he's actually a lovely bloke, did a autograph session at last years race and said he's one of the nicest guys they've ever met.  A complete nut on the track though, but a helluva fighter.
Fax

* helmet_agv_gp_tech_simoncelli_replica_5-1.jpg (425.66 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 429 times.)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:37:41 pm »

Wildman? Simo? Nice!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:00:38 am »

Just hope that you got it cheaper than here Fax. Very nice by the way.
http://www.twowheel.co.uk/

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 12:21:04 am »

Got it for $479 bucks, which is $200 off the regular retail price.  I think what I paid comes out to about 269 Pounds.
Like I said the D-Store Chicago had some great deals on AGV helmets and Dainese gear.  It fits great, and you can see me three miles off in a thick fog Grin
Fax
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 03:18:32 am »

Got it for $479 bucks, which is $200 off the regular retail price.  I think what I paid comes out to about 269 Pounds.
Like I said the D-Store Chicago had some great deals on AGV helmets and Dainese gear.  It fits great, and you can see me three miles off in a thick fog Grin
Fax

so what bike do you ride?

hope it's stylish as the great lid

Only a year to go before I buy a nice bike - mid life crisis! - oh and I have moved the mid life bit  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 03:50:29 am »

Kawasaki ZX-6, nothing ultra exotic, but perfect for the riding I do.  Also have a older GPZ500 that I'm teaching the Mrs to ride.
The area that I live in is terrific sportbike country, lots of great roads in the hills above, and running along the Ohio River.  They're the sort of roads Nicky Hayden cut his teeth on.  I need to find a big floppy wig to wear under that helmet to complete the look Cheesy
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:02:05 am »

Ah Nicky Hayden.... he#s a nice guy, always seems good value when they interview him. I never thought he did his championship defense year justice, he just faded into the scenery, the Doctor (and others) walked all over him. I didn't think he'd stay in Moto much longer after that, so it's good to see him up there a bit more these days, even on the pile of crap he's riding these days. Just what is wrong with the Ducati this year?

If anyone else is like me, I've gone off modern cars, they're a bit anodyne and don't really flip my switch. My motoring passion is fulfiled on two wheels these days. So if you've got a bike, or haven't got a bike but would have one if the missus would let you, why not post a pic of your scoot here?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 06:46:56 pm »

As soon as I we figure out he camera-computer issues, I'll get a pic of the ZX & GPZ up here.  Agreed about Nicky, thought his title defense lacklustre, but by that point Honda seemed to have put their effort behind their golden boy, Pedrosa.  Nicky (and his whole family for that matter) is a terrific guy, met him many times, during AMA days, and since. He was at Mid-Ohio back in July to watch his brothers race, and you would never know from his paddock demeanor that he's a world champ.  No prima donna attitude, just one of the Hayden boys from the OWB.
Lovely Triumph there Andy!
Fax
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 07:57:30 am »

So if you've got a bike, or haven't got a bike but would have one if the missus would let you, why not post a pic of your scoot here?

Bought in 1991.  Stolen 4 months later w/1,100 miles on the clock.  Wifey said I can get a new one when the house and all other bills are squared but she's doing her best to see that it never happens.  Lips Sealed

(Not mine, but exactly like it).

I do have a 80cc Honda scooter that won't start.  Does that count?  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 06:54:56 pm »

my collection - a nice breeding pair  Grin

Mobylette Moblete Moby X1 - full 49cc 2 stroke, top speed - off the speedo clock (if it had one)

Designed to fit in back of your average motor, being 26kg.

People have seen it at Le Mans, where it will return next year  Grin

* seeing double.JPG (189.86 KB, 1191x508 - viewed 471 times.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:56:54 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 08:11:59 pm »

I love the beerbottletransportationunit on the back!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 06:28:20 am »

First serious ride with the AGV Simoncelli GP-Tech today.  Quite nice, a three hour ride out along the Ohio River, Route 52 to Georgtown, across to Augusta-Maysville (George Clooney's hometown) and back the Kentucky side Route 8.  Mostly sweeping, high speed stuff, much at triple-digits.  Very stable, good vent's, better than my stolen, and lamented Shoei X-11, the usual wind noise, no worse than my old Arai.  I'm pretty happy getting a top of the line racing helmet for that sort of price.  Originally looked at Arai's, wanted a RX7-Corsair V Leon Haslam replica, but can't bring myself to drop $800 on a helmet, and no race-weekend discount's from Arai at Indy.
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: