Club Arnage
May 06, 2024, 11:27:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit of a long shot.......  (Read 7510 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:48:50 pm »

Our daughter and her fella are travelling to Europe from their home in Australia next year and during their visit they are joining us for our annual pilgrimage to La Sarthe. The daughter has experienced Le Mans before and loved it and thinks her other half needs some education about a proper endurance race.

As ACO members ourselves we always book ACO grandstand tickets as we like to use the facilities there and there's always a good view of the pits, as well as respite from the weather.

Anyhow, as all CA'ers will know members can only book 2 ACO stand tickets each and we are hoping we can find some way to get the same for them so they are able to join us in there.

So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may be able to obtain more, other than paying through the nose to a ticket agency, or having to buy some other type of 'package' by a third party?

ALternatively is there anyone out there that is currently an ACO member but is unfortunate enough not be able to attend next year and could order on my behalf as the ticket ordering is being opened up on the 7thNov? All reasonable expenses reimbursed of course.

Here's hoping......

Pete B. (Pretzel)

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 02:00:54 pm »

Pete

I'm a member, but never use my 'allocation' of ACO grandstand tickets as there are always several of us in my party.

I can buy 2 tickets for you (hopefully on Monday).  We can sort out payment/postage etc later.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 04:41:23 pm »

Hi Delboy,

Barry had made me an offer to help out but things are a bit hectic for him at the present time so if you would be kind enough to go ahead then I would be grateful for your assistance, I'm sure a beer or two at La Sarthe in 2012 could also be arranged ;-)

Assuming all goes well with the ACO online booking system on Monday (or Tuesday, or Wednesday......) could you let me know that you have been successful and I'll call off other offers for help.

Regarding payment I would be happy to cough up once you have had your confirmation. Note I shall be in Oz myself around the time that the ACO normally demand payment in December, although I can always pay by electronic transfer of funds.

Thanks again in advance, hopefully hear from you early next week.

Best rgds,

Pete B.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:46 pm »

Will do, Pete.

I think you'll find the on-line ordering system - if it works AND if there are some decent tickets on there - is a ' Buy-it-now' system, ie you have pay there and then.  Didn't get that far last year, but no problems if it is.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:31:34 am »

Hadn't thought of that - I had so much difficulty with it last year that we ordered in the traditional manner.

Should be interesting on Monday....

Pete B.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 10:58:50 pm »

9am Monday, one word will apply....crash.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 06:27:14 pm »

A friend booked some tickets on the internet for a concert in Paris.

Guess what.  They took his money and nothing turned up.  He rang several times and got nowhere.  Eventually, a few days before last weeks concert he found a French speaker, and they rang.  Problem sorted.

We're on a hiding to nothing

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 12:59:30 pm »

Pete

I tried (and tried and tried........).  Get to T18 grandstand, and it only gave me the option to order 1 ticket.  Did that, and it comes back with:

Sorry, but your credits are exhausted for this type of product. You can buy tickets at full price. Please contact ACO club at clubaco@lemans.org.

Huh  WTF Huh

This was before I had ordered anything!!

I did eventually manage to get 6 T20 tickets (really wanted T19, but no go).

But as you can see on the other thread (and probably your own experience), no 'decent' camping tickets available.

I'll try again later.

Typical ACO shambles (again).

Del

Team Delboy Racing
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 03:05:32 pm »

Pete

I tried (and tried and tried........).  Get to T18 grandstand, and it only gave me the option to order 1 ticket.  Did that, and it comes back with:

Sorry, but your credits are exhausted for this type of product. You can buy tickets at full price. Please contact ACO club at clubaco@lemans.org.

Huh  WTF Huh

This was before I had ordered anything!!

I did eventually manage to get 6 T20 tickets (really wanted T19, but no go).

But as you can see on the other thread (and probably your own experience), no 'decent' camping tickets available.

I'll try again later.

Typical ACO shambles (again).

Del

Yep, having the same problems myself except I can't even geet a login to enable ordering of tickets at all, despite having been a member for the best part of 20 years and I have an online membership record!!  Shouldn't be surprised I suppose. I'm sending them a good old fashioned e-mail and I might even print out an old order form and fax them too!

Anyhow, thanks for trying again later.

Pete B.

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 11:14:56 am »

Pete

SUCCESS   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Managed to get you 2 x T18 tickets.

Will let you know how much when the transaction hits my bank.

Are you still at the same address - No. 45, CF72..??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 12:11:23 pm »

Excellent Del!  Might even give it another try myself  Wink

Once again thanks for you help (and perseverance) with this.

Re: my address details it - you have PM.

Pete B.

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 07:38:52 pm »

Hi Del, got your letter. You have PM.

Pete B.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: