Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 10:03:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellow Bird laps around Nurburgring  (Read 9878 times)
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 09:58:57 pm »

.In an ideal world you would tow a quick little car over and trash the nuts off it without worrying about breaking it.

Exactly, matey with the 205 has a garage where he keeps his and pops over for a quick blast when the circuits open to the pupblic.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 11:59:08 pm »

HGB - I was in Frankfurt Main but I just got back. Clocked 150 mph (240kph) in the Omega on a downhill bit of autobahn today. (Clock probably over-reads mind you). Was a bit scary as the temperature was way below freezing.

If I go again I will let you know, and you can show me the worst parts of the town...or should I show you?  Wink
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 10:11:56 am »

I had one lap and Griff had one lap and we were both shi**ting ourselves.He was cra@@ing cos of my crap driving and I was cra@@ing cos he was driving my car,which had just 1000 miles on a new engine and gearbox and I had finished assembling it a couple of days before we went.
Its impossible to do a fast lap with no experience of the place plus we had 600 miles to drive home.so I didnt want to end up on the back of an RAC truck all the way back.In an ideal world you would tow a quick little car over and trash the nuts off it without worrying about breaking it.

But what time did you do PM??  Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 10:40:25 am »

I know if it was me at the Ring, tootling along in the black beast, I would go pretty easy.  She's good in a straight line, but the corners worry me.  There's 300+ bhp and no real warning as to when the back wants to step out.
I know how long it took me to build it and how much it cost (and I guess it's a bit unique).

However, if I was there in a renter or high power bland wagon, I would go for it.................and probably end up in the armco    Shocked

* Duxford_01.jpg (36.48 KB, 600x424 - viewed 226 times.)

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2005, 07:17:47 pm »

What are you going to drive around in?

The 911 looked great, but I'd imagine it would be a whole different brown pants story in the wet. Great footage though. The Elise chasing the Vette is also worth a look, my money would have been on the little green thing.

bit of a delay in responding as i've been working in cyprus

a 2.2 dci laguna - needs must as it is used for a multitude of sins  

not an aston martin but it does share one think in common - push button start thats where the similarity ends

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 12:25:06 am »

I finally got to the Ring on Monday. COuld I find it? Nah...so I asked a guy. I mentioned the Ring Taxi, he sent me to Zakspeed. They were prepared to take me round in a Viper, they said it was ideal conditions (it had been raining earlier so the track was still damp). Call me a cheapskate, but at €260 this was a bit out of reach for me...

As I arrived the track was closed - someone had had an "off" in a BMW, taken the front off.

I booked my ticket and when the track opened again I was on within minutes. It's brilliant...

I was probably MUCH too cautious (my own tyres and too much loose stuff in the car - my mobile took off from it's cradle half way round and was on the floor between my feet). I was also very conscious of the rule (keep to the right) and spent a lot of time watching my mirror as there were some seriously well equipped & fast people there.

Anyway, I did a time of 13m 41s which I was happy with...

I would do it again, and would still like to do the taxi...
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 12:38:58 am »

Join the gang then Smokers.What a place eh.If you want to find out a whole lot more about it,go to

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

Cant wait for next time

PM
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 10:30:24 am »

Just been reading that site and WOW, I'm glad I kept it on track...see this!

Optional extras available at additional cost include armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter rides. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:

* Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
    * Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
    * Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
    * Replacing armco post: €39 each
    * Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
    * Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
    * Recovery truck: €175 (inc VAT)
    * Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though an E111 may cover the hospital bit.)

Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 16% VAT.

The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out.

The track was closed for at least 15 mins due to an accident when I got there. Their bent car was recovered to near where I'd parked. No wonder the guys looked a little disconsolate...
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 03:27:56 pm »

Ouch!! that could be a very costly accident & that's before you get the car fixed!!

Coincidentally, last months copy of Evo had a big section on the Nordschleife. They had a passenger ride round in one of the M5 ring taxis with Nick Heidfeld amongst other things.

Once I get myself another car I'll be making a visit!!
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 03:46:51 pm »

If I go again I will let you know, and you can show me the worst parts of the town...or should I show you?  Wink

Okidoky, yes please  Smiley

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 07:37:39 pm »

Duh...I forgot again!!! Sorry hgb, I was too busy enjoying myself...  Wink
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 12:49:02 am »

The ring is on my list of places to visit - "unrestricted toll road" got to be the best value worldwide.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 07:34:26 pm »

The ring is on my list of places to visit - "unrestricted toll road" got to be the best value worldwide.

.... and it's only a one way road  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: