Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 02:39:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yesterday's shame  (Read 13145 times)
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 03:10:51 am »

I'll add one thing this, I am an ENGISHMAN, and very proud of it.
Ask a Scot, Welshman or an Irishman how proud he is to be British.
There are a lot of proud british people but the don't fall into that catagory as far as I am concerned.
The EEC is a black hole for those faceless beaurocrats that pose as representatives of us all and represent nobody other than themselves.
 Angry

The Brethren Rock
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 09:27:40 am »

I'll add one thing this, I am an ENGISHMAN, and very proud of it.
Ask a Scot, Welshman or an Irishman how proud he is to be British.
There are a lot of proud british people but the don't fall into that catagory as far as I am concerned.
The EEC is a black hole for those faceless beaurocrats that pose as representatives of us all and represent nobody other than themselves.
 Angry

I completely agree.  However, as far as Passports go there are British.  All this Devolution sh*t is just more Beuracatic B*llocks.   If Wales really wants to be separte from the UK fine by me, saw it off and float it out in to the Irish sea.  Same for jockland.
I'm not gonna get in to any talk on NI that's another complete f**k up by polititians and beuracrats.  

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 09:46:54 am »

This is starting to border on severe xenophobia to say the least.

Shall we leave it there??   Lips Sealed
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 09:49:56 am »

I find it interesting that the very first line of the constitution in the "Definitions and Objectives of the Union" - in Article 1-1 reads:

"Reflecting the will of the citizens......"

Perhaps it should read "Reflecting the will of the citizens unless they vote against something that we want in which case we'll keep asking them to vote till we get the answer that we want and if that doesn't work, we'll go ahead and do it anyway!"

Its all very sad  Sad

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 12:41:56 pm »

Well this is obviously a topic which is quite divisive, but seeing as how it's been a little one sided in here I'm gonna try to balance it out  Undecided

Firstly I'd like to point out I'm proud to be British, hell I'm proud to be a product of Yorkshire Smiley

But the old world powers (i.e. Europe) are in trouble, already we're unable to balance the US view on many things, it's only going to get worse once India & China start to gain some worldwide influence. Something does need to be done, maybe this document was not it but hopefully it's the first step in the right direction.

Hey at least we're doing it in true democratic style (mainly, cough..germany..cough) & the people are having a say in the matter.

I want independence, I want to keep the pound & I believe UK laws are held above all else within our borders. An EU beaurocrat, an MP or Lord "my bunk mate at boarding school" they're all the same in the respect & trust they get from me.

Anyway I've had to type this twice as I was logged out after the first time (damn computers) & I've hurt my brain doing all this thinking so soon after a holiday (apparently there's another one starting in a little over 14 days time!!) Grin

But we do need to get along & for more than 1 week in June!! Wink

P.S. Please don't shun me at the poo bar for this rare outburst!! Roll Eyes
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 12:50:34 pm »

And as the government has been shouting for years about a single trading state, I want to know where my 50p bottles of quaffing wine are?
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 03:32:07 pm »

is the idea of a single european state really so horrifying. the comments on this thread come across as bordering on xenophobic and racist.

a european constitution would enable a single economic and monetary bloc which would allow europe to rival the US in power. it would continue to facilitate trade amongst the european nations.

this whole thing about sovereignty and 'God save the £' is ridiculuous. exactly why is the pound so important? can somebody explain why the pound gives us a sense of national identity? what excatly is the difference between one piece of metal (the pound) and another piece of metal (the euro)? once the euro has settled and interest rates are aligned, i see no reason why the UK should not adopt the euro.

as for the constitution itself, the idea of being goverened by 'bureaucratic prats' is no different to what we have under the labour government. everybody is worried that we'll end up being governed by brussels but will that really be any different to be governed by downing street. its not like we have a say in what rules of law we live under at the moment.

sorry to rant, and probably upset a lot of people on these boards, but it seems as though the argument has become very one-sided.
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 04:31:26 pm »

I say again

God save the £ and bring back Topic and dump the Snickers Bar

Bloody marvellous place old blighty and long may it remain in control (almost all) of its own destiny. ) Grin Grin Grin Grin

Does it really only have full throttle
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 06:54:08 pm »

I say again

God save the £ and bring back Topic and dump the Snickers Bar

Bloody marvellous place old blighty and long may it remain in control (almost all) of its own destiny. ) Grin Grin Grin Grin
But what about the Marathon John.

Altsimers getting to you ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 07:04:09 pm »

The euro is down 15% overnight against the Canadian dollar.  I anticipate that it will tank further when the Dutch vote "Nee" and I think, personally, that this was excellent timing on the part of the French, Dutch and anyone else who would like to pile a few more cement bricks on the euro in the next two weeks.   Grin

Already in two days I have saved 20% on my trip to Le Mans.

I've read a lot about this French-German "core Europe" concept and what I want to know is, why the heck did my Daddy fight to liberate France from the Germans, anyway?
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 08:45:46 pm »

I've read a lot about this French-German "core Europe" concept and what I want to know is, why the heck did my Daddy fight to liberate France from the Germans, anyway?

To get rid of an evil Nazi regime. That's why.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2005, 09:53:09 pm »

Bollox to the constitution - one hat doesn't fit all and after centuries of differences it will take a very long time to get everyone to agree, far too long to play catch up with the developing countries who we can't compete with in labour costs.

Whilst I'm pro single currency I'm pretty much anti everyhing else, culture is more important than ensuring that all the eggs are the same size! There is such a thing as too mich "progress".

Ah that feels better...............

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 10:02:32 pm »

this whole thing about sovereignty and 'God save the £' is ridiculuous. exactly why is the pound so important? can somebody explain why the pound gives us a sense of national identity? what excatly is the difference between one piece of metal (the pound) and another piece of metal (the euro)? once the euro has settled and interest rates are aligned, i see no reason why the UK should not adopt the euro.

Well in someways there is no reason.  But, It will be inflationary.  May be some of those who live in € land  can give their account of this.   You see people won't bother to work out what the price was in £ and then you loose track of the value and  inflation runs wild.

OK when we make trips to France it will be easier to compare prices.  

But it's a high price to pay.

as for the constitution itself, the idea of being goverened by 'bureaucratic prats' is no different to what we have under the labour government. everybody is worried that we'll end up being governed by brussels but will that really be any different to be governed by downing street. its not like we have a say in what rules of law we live under at the moment.

We just don't need another layer of Bureaucacy.  We have the local Govt.  Then we have the National Govt.   We got by with that for Hundreds of years.  The in 1973 we Joined the ECC.  Since then things have gone down hill.   (IMHO) now they are even talking about another layer of Govt in England with the Regional Govt thing.

We just don't need it.

A few months ago we went to a Pub Chain for a meal.  After the Meal I said,
"Oh I'd like some Cheese and Biscuits. Please".
"Sorry Sir we no longer serve Cheese.  It an EU directive." Replied the waiter.

FFS I thought?

He went on to say it had somthing to do with keeping food at room temprature.

I don't care where the layers are but we sure as hell don't need four or even three.   So I say perm any two from X.  

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2005, 10:30:06 pm »

F*kin ell !!!!

At least we know who to avoid at the poo bar  Wink A simple how are you could lead to an unstoppable tirade about sweat shops, whales and straight bananas.

When all's said and done, as long as someone enjoys a beer and a laugh it doesn't matter where they're from, as long as they leave politics at home (at least for a week in June)

Vive La Roi

Oops, what have I said  Roll Eyes

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 10:34:48 pm »

""sweat shops, whales and straight bananas.""

And square tomatoes to fit boxes!

As long as no-one tries to fit any in my box!!!

Wink

Box??? Am I playing cricket?
Am I bally not!

b

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: