Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 06:21:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah Jenson!!!  (Read 11165 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2006, 04:08:41 pm »

I know we don't really "do" F1 on here, but way to go Jens!    Grin Grin
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 04:09:44 pm »

brilliant race and a brilliant first win for our Jenson Grin Grin Grin

do you think he could be encouraged out for the 24
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 04:16:09 pm »

I reckon so FS, give him a few years!!   

Jens was one of my "boys" when I was involved in F3 a few years ago and is a nice guy.  We've got a bottle of Bollinger open in his honour  Grin

I though Ant Davidson did a good job on the commentary as well.

My sisters favourite the German chap demonstrated exactly why sometimes you need to play a bit fairer  Grin
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 04:19:29 pm »

Awsome Jenson!!!

Any chance he can appear on Top Gear to tonight to put JC right?

Black flag should have been out for a certain Red Car. But the forces of nature took that decision into its own hands. Why was he racing on illegal tires and allowed to get away with it.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 06:55:31 pm »

Who claims that he was driving on illegal tyres? Didn't even here that accusation of the Dutch commenter, who is always very keen on such things.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 07:09:22 pm »

Who claims that he was driving on illegal tyres? Didn't even here that accusation of the Dutch commenter, who is always very keen on such things.

They were not illegal as such just he had run them soo long that the FIA should have interviened on safety grounds as his car was looking like a handful to drive.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 07:33:29 pm »

They were not illegal as such just he had run them soo long that the FIA should have interviened on safety grounds as his car was looking like a handful to drive.

where's all this should have and must do come from?, half the F1 cars would be "Pulled" if they looked a handful to drive.

Leave the racing to those that know Rick. Grin
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 09:21:04 pm »

That was the best F1 race I have seen in a long time. The circuit looks great, too. Great result for Jenson and Honda, congratulations ! The look of his face and his cheer to the team after the race was speeking books. I hope it goes on like this. This really looked like F1.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 09:28:52 pm »

Hooray for the rain, which to be fair made it all possible and of course do not forget a wheel bolt which did not go on to someones right rear tire and the red scarlatan finally bumping into someone else car a tad to hard. Good win for Jens though, he deserves it, if the other 5 races are anything like this one, then I think F1 could get interesting again Lips Sealed

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
nickliv
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 11:02:08 pm »

A tepid 1664 says it'll all be back to normal in Turkey.

Not  bad circuit for a modern place though.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 11:07:01 pm »

Hooray for the rain, which to be fair made it all possible and of course do not forget a wheel bolt which did not go on to someones right rear tire and the red scarlatan finally bumping into someone else car a tad to hard. Good win for Jens though, he deserves it, if the other 5 races are anything like this one, then I think F1 could get interesting again Lips Sealed

the late good news is that Mr Schumacher has been awarded a single racing point, this now means that the title battle is down to ten points!!

This is because Robert Kubica has been disqualified from 7th place due to his racing car being 2kg under the minimum weight due to excessive tyre wear.

Roll on Turkey, we'll need a TV at Donny to keep track of the race!!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 11:10:03 pm »

Good Job Jens, the Brackley boys and for his Dad, shame about some of the coverage, bring back the BBC.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 11:10:54 pm »

I've got TV in the 'van if anyone wants to watch it (limited numbers - the 'van ain't that big!!)

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 11:18:57 pm »

I've got TV in the 'van if anyone wants to watch it (limited numbers - the 'van ain't that big!!)

Del

Failing that Del, we can sit down and watch it at The Redgate and have a few beers at the same time, got a feeling it will be lashing down Wink
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 12:35:53 am »

the late good news is that Mr Schumacher has been awarded a single racing point, this now means that the title battle is down to ten points!!

This is because Robert Kubica has been disqualified from 7th place due to his racing car being 2kg under the minimum weight due to excessive tyre wear.

Thats a damn shame, because i thought Kubica drove a great race for his first GP.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: