Club Arnage
May 17, 2024, 03:14:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah Jenson!!!  (Read 11164 times)
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 05:48:47 pm »

Yes,
Well done Mr Button, although It had a lot to do with all the front runners falling off the track.

"but I really could have done without THE COCK James Allen screaming like a schoolboy at the end"
Well said.
Not quite the same as Murray when Damon won the world championship.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 06:52:40 pm »

Firstly - Well done Jenson and Honda.
Secondly - What a great race.
Thirdly - (echoing Andy's comment) Look what happens when things don't go according to plan.

For the first time in it's 20 year history we had a wet Hungarian GP and it couldn't have been more different to the usual procession it is when the sun is out.  The Hungaroring will usually dish up the kind of dross we bitch about every other Sunday evening / Monday morning, but look at us all now waxing lyrical about how great it was. 

Personally I am a huge fan of the circuit.  Not because of the great races it gives us (obviously), but because having attended 3 GP there during the Hakkinen / Schumacher era the atmosphere and comeraderie between the Finns and the Germans couldn't have been more fun and more friendly.  It was truly a fun place to spend a weekend.  Such a shame the grandstands weren't full yesterday!

One final point - can someone please gag James Allen?  Sundays are supposed to be days of rest, not ones where you nearly fall off the sofa whilst trying to find the tv remote to avoid being deafened by a prize prick.

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2006, 07:10:31 am »

...been following the F1 criticism about being boring and do mostly agree. What I don`t quite agree with is the criticism of Schumacher. He`s a racer, he`s paid to race and that is what he was doing till his last lap. Looking back on the situation it`s quite easy to say that he should of laid back and let De la Rosa and Heidfeld pass him and secured the "almost" sure points, "almost" sure because we will never really know what could of happened since that is not the course Schumacher decided on. But then again, that would of been boring. Not a big F1 or Spoonface fan but imho I think what happened in those last few laps was quite exciting and hopefully will continue for the last few races. And of course congats to Jason Button, a long overdue win for him and the Honda team.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2006, 11:01:33 am »

"but I really could have done without THE COCK James Allen screaming like a schoolboy at the end"
Well said.
Not quite the same as Murray when Damon won the world championship.

Agreed.

"I am going to have to stop now because I have a lump in my throat" could be on Murray's headstone.

Likewise "There's some people on the pitch" etc could be on Kenneth Wolstenholme's

James Allen's headstone, "Yyeeeaaaaaggghhhh get in there".   Hhhmmmm ! there's a thought

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 11:14:50 am »

Too true, every time the COCK screams out my dogs sleep gets interrupted as she thinks there's a bird to pick up.

Anyone seen the these shots?

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/index.html

scroll to the bottom!  Masterful. Wink
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006, 12:29:36 pm »

This is excellent from the same page

* BritSupercarForm.gif (47.86 KB, 596x728 - viewed 204 times.)

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: