Club Arnage
May 05, 2024, 09:22:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2012  (Read 136827 times)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2012, 12:49:54 pm »

That's really kind Matt, I'm sure we all really appreciated it. 

Woolly, Liz Baker and I will be staying at La Quinta on the evening of Monday 12th, and will be at the Fish on Fire that evening to ease ourselves in gently (did you hear that Mr Harper? GENTLY!) before collecting our accomodation for the week on Tuesday mid morning (or when the hotel chucks us out!). 

From there, I'm told it's no sleep till we get on the return flight.

Brad Z

P.S.  Matt, I've got you a couple of the biggest boxes of PG tips which I could find - might have to find a contraband mule for the rest, apparently I have to bring clothes and stuff.... Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2012, 01:45:07 am »

Gently?
Is this the same Brad as the one over on sebringfans.com who's telling all us lightweights that we need to prepare for the "English Invasion"?
Wheels-down FoF session is pretty laid back - the trick is not to go mental on the flight, then stay up late as you can and suffer a few libations and some nice Flawda vittles to battle the jet-lag. Historically, those who have left the Fish on Fire vertical (and there have been many who didn't) tend to be much better aclimated as a result.
How are you getting to Kissimmee to pick up your RV? Just shout-up if you need a ride (gotta earn those teabags somehow, other than my charming personality).

Although I don't really need an excuse to amble down to the FoF to get hammered, if anyone else is arriving through MCO and would care for Beer on Fire and the best Blackened Grouper Sandwich in the state, before heading out to the track, please let me know.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2012, 03:36:11 am »

Ok, decision made, I'm flying out to MIAMI from Amsterdam, for € 484. the Virgin flight from Gatwick costs 496, and then I still have to spend about € 100 for travelling to the UK. Also means I'm flying home on monday instead of sunday, but I'll find a bench to sleep on somewhere. Wink

Just spotted this. Marius - you've always been friendly to me - and in 2008 you handed me a large case of un-drunk Guinness before departing back to the Netherlands - and I don't forget people who've got my back.
If you need a ride back to Orlando on Sunday, we have a place for you - and you are most welcome to sleep in our bad-ass RV overnight Sunday, outside of my house (I wish I could provide a bed indoors, but have a houseful of UK-based family, post-race). We will be having a bit of an after-party that you're welcome to  join, if you're not too wrecked.
We can also deliver you to the airport on Monday, if you need the ride. You been good to us - we be good to you. Deal?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2012, 08:13:00 am »

and the best Blackened Grouper Sandwich in the state,

I'll second that.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2012, 07:17:29 am »

I'm booked!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2012, 09:08:21 pm »

Woop Woop, when and where do you get in Doris?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:17:24 pm by Snoring Rhino » Logged
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2012, 09:14:47 pm »

To all who may be concerned.......
Matt......is quite right with his advice.....Neil and I were picked up by Matt from the airport and deposited for a change of attire at the Ramada just down the road from the FoF and then entertained by Matt at his Local for the evening.......We got to be compeletely wrecked after a 6 hour session at the Fish on Fire and then had to navigate our way to Sebring the following morning.... which I must add was not easy with Jet lag and hangovers the size of Mount Everest....So a word or warning Brad .....is don't unestimate the might of the American way of drinking....If you include Matt as an American......then you might just regret you comments!!!!

Andy
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2012, 09:16:54 pm »

And a small change of plan to our flights.......we are noe travelling via Virgin and will arrive in Orlando at 18:25 on Monday evening........bring it on!!!!!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2012, 05:22:50 am »

I'm booked!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Dx

Yeah let the bells ring out  Grin
Phil
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2012, 07:36:49 am »

Woop Woop, when and where do you get in Doris?

Arrive MCO 6am Tues 13th.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2012, 07:01:43 pm »

Gently?
Is this the same Brad as the one over on sebringfans.com who's telling all us lightweights that we need to prepare for the "English Invasion"?
Wheels-down FoF session is pretty laid back - the trick is not to go mental on the flight, then stay up late as you can and suffer a few libations and some nice Flawda vittles to battle the jet-lag. Historically, those who have left the Fish on Fire vertical (and there have been many who didn't) tend to be much better aclimated as a result.
How are you getting to Kissimmee to pick up your RV? Just shout-up if you need a ride (gotta earn those teabags somehow, other than my charming personality).

Although I don't really need an excuse to amble down to the FoF to get hammered, if anyone else is arriving through MCO and would care for Beer on Fire and the best Blackened Grouper Sandwich in the state, before heading out to the track, please let me know.

Wooooooooooow...easy tiger...I never used the word lightweight....and when I said English invasion, I meant in terms of numbers rather than drinking capacity Wink   

That said...I can't see us being light on the beer....   Smiley

See you at a gig soon?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2012, 07:10:00 pm »

Quote from: Brad Zarse link=topic=11192.msg155150#msg155150 date=13264

That said...I can't see us being light on the beer....   Smiley
[/quote

Or drinking light beer.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:46:58 pm by Barry » Logged
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2012, 11:53:51 pm »

You see....the Lite beers actually seem like quite a sensible idea for the first day or so, less alcohol, more hydration. 

.....Yeah...the theory is great, but the last time I drank sensibly was 1998.....  Roll Eyes

See you at a gig soon?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2012, 12:02:40 am »

Wooooooooooow...easy tiger...I never used the word lightweight....and when I said English invasion, I meant in terms of numbers rather than drinking capacity Wink   

That said...I can't see us being light on the beer....   Smiley

Ha! I'm just rippin' on you a little.
Frankly I'm not proud of the amount of booze I consume - and I certainly don't do it to impress anyone other than myself.
I'm sure you will have a great time and fit in well with the American crowd - just don't lose sight of the fact that some of these guys have been partying hard at Sebring since before a good number of us were born (not me sadly) and have seen many a party-animal blowhard lying in a puddle of his own piss by race day morning.
Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2012, 06:05:43 am »

Ha! I'm just rippin' on you a little. -----  LoL

"Frankly I'm not proud of the amount of booze I consume - and I certainly don't do it to impress anyone other than myself".   -------Go give yourself a dam good whipping and wear the woolly vest for a week. You'll be fine.

I'm sure you will have a great time and fit in well with the American crowd - just don't lose sight of the fact that some of these guys have been partying hard at Sebring since before a good number of us were born (not me sadly) and have seen many a party-animal blowhard lying in a puddle of his own piss by race day morning.----- Brad Remember - No Tequila.

Looking forward to seeing you all again. -----We look forward to meeting the Sebring Legends!

[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:08:00 am by Snoring Rhino » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: