Club Arnage
May 04, 2024, 05:10:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello - last minute or should that be month decision to go  (Read 3803 times)
ispychrisl

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2014, 04:21:25 pm »

Hello

It's been a somewhat troublesome couple of years, but I'll not bore you with the details! Howvere, afetr some good news, and a year off from Le Mans, I'm back for 2014! I'm not sure who else, or if anyone else, will be making the journey in my car, but I made the decision last week that I need to be back at Le Mans

Unfortunately, my wife can't make it with me as she has prior commitments, but I am meeting up with the lads from Sheffield that I always buy their tickets for. They like the odd shandy or two up at Arnage Village on Thursday & Friday, so I'm assuming that a good time will be had by all

My first year was 1998 when McNish won the first time, and this will be my 14th visit. Facilities have improved beyond all recognition, and I can't say that I miss the chemical loos or the lack of showers! All very civilised now

I'm hoping to arrive late morning on the Wednesday after driving partly through the night, hopefully with at least one co-pilot. Then we'll come back on the MOnday, hopefully with an early set-off. I'm sure that before I know it we'll be planning Le Mans 2015!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:29:53 am »

I hope your troublesome years are behind you for sometime, but missing out for a year as I did in 2004 just rekindles the desire to get back to the race the following year.  I was like a bear with a sore head all weekend back in 2004 and haven't missed out since unders of the wife  Grin

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
ispychrisl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 04:22:04 pm »

The strange thing is that last year I saw more of the race than I have ever seen thanks to Eurosport. I must have watched in excess of 20 hours, so I was almost tempted to hold a Le Mans party and camp out, but then you don't get the atmosphere of Arnage on Friday, the tension as the grid fires-up, or the joys of realising just how loud your mates snore!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: