Club Arnage
May 13, 2024, 05:45:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic  (Read 4289 times)
nickliv
« on: April 07, 2007, 11:33:27 am »

Hi

Don't think i can make it to the 24h this year, but the classic might be on instead. Thing is, I can't really find any information about it anywhere on the interweb. So, here goes;-  is it a single 24 h race, or a series of shorter races? Does it use the full circuit, or just the bugatti? And anything else you can tell me really.

Oh, and I guess it's less of a magnet for the stag weekends.

Cheers

Nick
nickliv
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 11:41:52 am »

Unless it's a biennial thing, in which case pencil me in for 08.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 11:49:45 am »

We have this instead
http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=6710.0
on alternate years
http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=6266.0
Come along, it's great.  Termites at least will be present!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 12:00:48 pm »

I'm guessing the mog is deemed 'interesting', if so, I have a plan, forming in my head.....
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 12:09:17 pm »

Yes, Moggie is authorised as a club car so will be parked with the classics inside the circuit.  I can get you the form if you're interested.  60 euros buys you a space plus 2 entry tickets if you have an appropriate vehicle.  There is also the chance of club laps of the Bugatti circuit but that is up to the Parisien ACO branch as to whether they deem it interesting enough!  We don't know about Moggie yet....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 12:13:27 pm »

Full circiut used.
Runs for 24 hours, 4 to 4.

Cars (350 or so) divided into 6 grids, by age, each grid goes out for a mini race, about 1 hour, usually with a old style ear of corn running start.

Grids cycle though 1 to 6 then start again, each one goes out 3 times in total during the 24 hours, once in the dark.

Next Classic is 2008, me and Jo hope to be attending our 3rd Classic, atmosphere more relaxed and wife friendly than the main event, but still great fun. Lot larger proportion of women and children than in June, but is a good introduction to the legend that is Le Mans. Smiley
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 12:34:51 pm »

LM Story, however, is Bugatti circuit and day-time runs only.  Club cars at dusk.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 03:49:12 pm »

Nickliv, did you ever make a decision about the LM Story?  Large sun on the weather forecast. Grin

nickliv
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 12:26:02 pm »

It'll probably have to be 'put on hold' as I've got a house to build. IF I get it finished LM 08, and classic 08 will be on the cards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: