Club Arnage
May 18, 2024, 06:05:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations  (Read 3175 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2003, 09:32:14 am »

Well done to the one who's face resembles an implement for eating soup.

The petrol head in me made me wake up at 5.45 and I was noshing a bacon sarny by 6.15. What a good race, for once. Observations:

1. Thought Sato was a breath of fresh air before the race. An excited kid who actually smiles. And when he took Spoonmachers nose cone off, well... Top effort.

2. Raikkonen looked like a nervous jelly, frightened to win. So he didn't deserve it.

3. What a disgrace the bloody stuffed shirts who run F1 did not let Spoonface onto the podium to celebrate a historic sixth champoinship. They really have the wit, imagination and PR skills of a dead sewerage worker.

Conclusion. Some small inprovement this term, but F1 must try harder. 5/10. See me.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 11:51:13 am »

Overall the class has improved, but the 'marketing' lads have far too much control, even Bernie Finklestein has said he wants more passion and less "thanks to sponsors a, b & c"

I like Sato - he could be the best driver to come out of Japan for a long time - was bloody good in British F3 and has the talent and given time to develope could impress in F1 and BAR could be the right place, esp. under David Richards.

Lets hope the rumours of M$ retiring after 6th Championship are true...  Would love to see Monty, Alonso, Raikkonen, et al RACING...

The BTCC have removedd pit stops from the race format as it spoils the racing as drivers will sit there sometimes and wait to see what happens when they pit.  Now they MUST go past on the track.  Listening Max Mosely?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 01:12:43 pm »

Lets hope the rumours of M$ retiring after 6th Championship are true...  Would love to see Monty, Alonso, Raikkonen, et al RACING...

Monty?Huh???He'll never get his clubs in the boot!!

PM
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 06:27:43 pm »

Yep up at 6.25am too. Told you Sato would have fun.......... love to know what MS was saying to him at the end. And his Bro had a go too, love to be at the family dinner on Monday. Did think that MS was well out of sorts, and DC had a decent race. Why now DC?? Kimi total Cr@p to young too hyped, Jenson man of the race! Grin

And no he should not of been alowed on the podium, not after Austria 02!!!!

I dont care if MS goes now, 6 WC's why not make it 7.........

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 06:33:42 pm »

Saw the thread , and hoped you werent going to congratulate the german one . I like germans, just really hate shuey .
He is a good driver but he talks like a Hampshire Traffic cop - Well , i think that - No one cares. I dont . I watched the race , only because i was getting paid to be awake at that silly time .

The drivers could have got together today and made it a special race, Take Shue of at the first corner . No one did .

The record books will not mention Austria 2002, which is a shame and why Fangio will always be a better racer to me than the german one.

Sorry to rain on your parade guys.
 Cry Cry Cry

Take life by the horns and live it.
Fax
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 06:40:13 pm »

Hi Guys,
Yep it was 1:00 in the AM for us over here.  Full kudos to Mickey the Shue.  I've never been a fan of his, mostly because of some of the Senna-ish tactics he's willing to resort to, but I will admit that at the end of the day, he gets the job done.  We've seen the future of F1 though and its not Montoya, its the runner up for this seasons title.  His press conferences are dreadfull but so were Mika's.  Must be a Finnish thing.  It'll be interesting in '05 when JPB joins Kimi at Mclaren.  Some serious potential for fireworks there.
Fax
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 06:45:10 pm »

They dont half like him (MS) in Italy tho.......Guess not much will be happening tommorrow in Italy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: