Club Arnage
May 23, 2024, 04:46:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Le Mans Guide 2007: Your input is needed - New editorial team  (Read 117957 times)
Yvonne

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2006, 12:44:15 pm »

Out of the Spa 24 thread has come a suggestion (from me initially and seconded and thirded!) that we might think about guides to other events and circuits.  Spa is quite tricky to find your way around if you're a newbie and the follow up suggestion was that a guide to all LMS circuits might be helpful.

FS, Werner what do you think? 

Hi,
It's a nice idea. And I think it will be very useful. And I will help you with writing. I'll be there more than once a year...and I must find out few things by my own.

Maybe, we can write it together during the 'off-season'.

Greetz
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2006, 02:07:12 pm »

Anita, fyi - Yvonne is the blonde/ginger girl from our group, she visits a lot of BelCar and FIA GT in Belgium. Just in case you wondered who she is Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2006, 05:15:04 pm »

Cheers Yvonne - I'm trying to avoid the actual writing off it but I do think it would be a good idea!  Grin

Paddy - I remember Yvonne, she was one of the very few of your group hardcore enough to manage the Spa 24 this year!   Although rumours that we may have all been in the bar for a large amount of the race are unfounded!  Grin

PS - y'know in English - ginger is not a complimentary term!!  Grin

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2006, 05:41:33 pm »

PS - y'know in English - ginger is not a complimentary term!!  Grin

That'll be 'Strawberry Blonde' then  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2006, 06:07:04 pm »

I think some of this may have been covered so sorry for any repeats.
Just come back from a week in Western France via SpeedFerries and Boulogne. Used the A16 / A26 route down to Rouen and then Picked up the lovely new A28. The good news is that the Service station at the Rouen end is Shell (Optimax) and there are now 2 new Arie's (sp) between Rouen and Alencon with Fuel. The Toll was a little pricy at  €16.50 to Le Mans (Just had to take the wife and daughter on a tour of the circuit and sites, most impressed they were too.....) It's a shame they can't sort out a better route through or around Rouen - it took an hour and a half to get through(via Cows Rounderbout).
For any one wanting to head further south west, the A28 goes down to Tours now and then picks up the A10 to Bordeaux(Peage Toll from Poitiers to Rouen was €26).
Was not able to use my visa card at Carrefour, Super U or Archen fuel stations though.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2006, 10:34:50 pm »

Ian, just to clarify, was it the Carrefour at Calais you tried?  Old notices about them not taking UK credit cards were covered up last week and was assured that all cards were usable there.  Have to admid though that I didn't try it out as I used my French one.  Will try putting an English one in when I'm back there at the end of next week but meantime would be interested to know if you'd tried it.

An hour and a half across Rouen was a lot!  Admittedly it is a well-trodden path for me but it takes me 30 minutes tops normally.  "Le rush-hour?"  No plans so far for a by-pass, sadly.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2006, 08:36:13 am »

Hi Termi, no, I tried the card pumps in Auchen and Carrefour Boulogne (after 10pm, ended up getting off the Speedferry at 1am with "6 miles to empty" showing on the readout!) and Super U further South. Not suprised that City Europe does take them though, they would loose to much Booze cruise trade.
Rouen was at about 5.30 on Friday so " Le Rush-Hour" applies, just such a shame there is such a great bottle neck in the middle of a what is now a very efficient  road network which is worth paying the tolls for if you on long haul.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2006, 01:21:31 pm »

Just to clear this up, I tried a UK debit card in the 24 hour fuel pump at the Carrefour in Calais yesterday and it definately works. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2006, 01:25:16 pm »

Hopefully by June next year, all the Service stations will accept them.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2006, 01:27:08 pm »

Hopefully by June next year, all the Service stations will accept them.
And a horde of "petits cochons roses" will be flying over France.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2006, 06:26:43 pm »

One thing that would be useful for me (and maybe not anyone else!) would be reverse directions to get home and save us getting lost in the town centre again.

Read them backwards you may say. I tried to entice my navigator to do so at 6.30am on Monday morning but his reply was "I can't read them backwards because I feel sick" thanks mainly to JPC's impromptu Tropicoma substitute on sunday night.
By the way, Werner and FS, I made notes while travelling to and from Blighty the other day of all the directions/road signs etc for a quick crossing of Rouen (not easy to write in a notebook and drive at the same time) so will forward them to you.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2006, 11:21:40 pm »

I'm helping to do a piece about buying tickets for LM.  I would be very grateful if anybody who has used ticket agencies like Just Tickets, if they could let me know their experiences when using these people and those like them.
Thanks

rcutler
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2006, 11:27:52 pm »

I have used Just Tickets and Page and Moy and have found both of them very good. Just Tickets were cheaper than Page and Moy and both companies always came up with the tickets I asked for. Then never seem to take bookings for tickets they are unable to come up with. My only point against them is that they are not only expensive tickets but they insist you buy several GA's from them at again inflated prices.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2006, 05:52:35 pm »

Can anybody remember what the cost was for additional nights' camping this year - ie for those arriving early?.  I seem to remember it was 8 euros, but possibly it was 12?  Did this vary from site to site?

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2006, 06:18:00 am »

Hi all,

termietermite did the ticket-chapter Cheesy, the result can be viewed at http://www.lemanszone.de/caguide2007/c26-tickets.pdf

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: