Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 06:57:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Pass Wanted  (Read 9156 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004, 10:19:25 pm »

As with my case, it's nice when it works out that way Barry.

I'd suggest if anyone has any spares and is concerned about how genuine the purchaser is then offer to hand them the ticket in Le Mans itself!!  Wink

I think we should also respect the wishes of the owner of this site and that is that the forum should not be used for profiteering. What anyone does elsewhere though is obviously their own business.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 01:47:17 am »

My understanding of the particular situation with this site is that the owners are somewhat reliant on the ACO for their living. And as such, the site has a status which it is anxious to preserve. Hence some of the "rules" by which we live here.

The ACO are very unhappy at any alternative market in it's tickets, but were (very reulctantly) prepared to allow clubarnage to continue to allow members to sell surplus tickets to other members so long as there was no profit element.

My personal view is that I am not interested in turning a profit from my "mates", but I agree with Big H and others that it's a bit rich when someone walks in "off the street" and bags a top dollar ticket for face value, possibly with the intention of reselling to make money. That's being screwed.

I have no problem with "free markets" and was thinking that this year's spares might go on eBay, once I had offered them here. But whether I could have been bothered is another matter, and it's academic anyway as they have all gone now...

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 11:59:38 am »

I have from time too time had spare tickets to sell, and had never considered that the person buying them is then going to sell them on again for huge profit. Embarrassed

If you look on e.bay, numbered houx tickets are selling there for £100+, the same guy has 5 I think at the moment for sale.

The camping ticket situation is getting out of hand now, less than 10 years ago we never bothered pre booking, Now I am sure people are pre booking far more than they need and selling them on for huge profits.
In my view, the ACO are aware if this and see the large mark up and will over time hike the price to match.

Maybe the ACO should stop selling camping tickets in advance and just sell them on the gate?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Broken
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 03:39:41 pm »

This will show a Newbie due to new email and even then I read most weeks but only have posted to attempt to get a camping ticket as i have been part of a group until last year hence a low posting rate!

Were does the "just buy one or two extra for my mates" end and profiteering begin? Surely by bulk buying you are just helping the tout.

If the ACO were organised and actually supplied what people ordered they would be able to cater for someone who just wants one ticket rather than being dazzled by larger orders!

Personally i was hoping that this site were going to bulk buy as the posting went last year. So i still have no camping permit!! Sad

A thankyou to Simon KE for my tickets (hope you enjoyed the gig) . We had an excellent time. He turned down my offer and charged me  £60 less than i offered for the 2 MB tickets. There is a moral in there.

Mark

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 12:21:13 am »

Yep Broken, there lies the dilemma.

I have a "standing order" with teh ACO which I am loathe to change in case it screws up next year's. Sometimes I have used ALL my allocation, most years have used much of it and this year hardly any. But I have to confirm and buy the tickets long before my friends make up their minds.  Hence my surplus this year, all of which have gone at cost to people here.

You may have read elsewhere about the bulk purchase. Initially the ACO didn't take it seriously. I received no letter of allocation. I wrote to them in Feb asking, and they did say then that I could have 300 Beasejour tickets. But I think since the initial enthusiasm, we realised that although the regulars here might well want to camp together, they are usually part of a larger group who have their "set ways" and would not want to be herded into an unknown area. Plus of course no-one would be prepared to let their allocation go unless we had a definite allocation which suited them. And Beasejour wouldn't have done.

You are right, if the ACO were able to organise it better then the whole performance would rectify itself. That, unfortunately, is out of our hands...
Broken
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2004, 10:38:31 am »

C'est le vie

i reckon covers it! Now i am wondering if i can spell...
Broken
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 03:31:33 pm »

that said. i am much happier getting a ticket from here where at least my lack of effort will be put towards somebodys beer mountain  Grin Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: