Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 01:44:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMS Silverstone  (Read 170078 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2007, 11:20:54 pm »

Mail to the LMS is gone! Will post answer as soon as it comes in here...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2007, 11:29:35 pm »

Hmm, response was too quick Angry

I am out of the office for two weeks.
You will be able to contact me again on the 23rd of July.

Best Regards,

I did 'cc' to media@lemans-series.com though, hopes are at a high for a quick response! Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
IanS
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2007, 10:26:50 pm »

Has anyone got an indication of what time the race is due to start this time.  Racing in the dark in 2005 was pretty hard to follow on an unlit Silvestone.  Any thoughts?
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2007, 08:11:11 am »

Hope it finishes pretty sharpish as I have to be back in Northtmberland before midnight or be henpecked to death (again)

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2007, 12:37:05 pm »

Right. Phoned Silverstone Circuit first, but they could not tell me the start- and finish times of the race, as they would be informed by the LMS organisation two weeks prior to the race. Too bad I never seem to get any proper answers from SRC, I cannot imagine SRC lives completely in the dark as for the LMS race and cannot understand why I seem to be not allowed to know any more details than published in their website.

So I rang the LMS organisation in Paris. Spoke to a guy (no name mentioned) who told me the start of the race is 99% sure to start at noon on Sunday, which I predicted because of local sound regulations. Quite handy for those who live abroad, and have to book a ferry crossing for that weekend (or book a flight to Stanstead).

As I had him on the phone, I thought I'd better ask him about the camping situation as well. According to this guy the campsite in the infield is definitely not available this year during during the LMS weekend. He couldn't/wouldn't tell me why, but I predict it has something to do with the LMS organisation having to pay for the possibility to camp there. So it's probably all down to money again.

Sorry guys, I have tried... Undecided
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 12:38:52 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Drinking for Holland
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2007, 12:57:41 pm »

So it's back to the Whittlebury Hall option then? Congrats for trying .... You wait, when it's all over S/Stone will be moaning later 'how few people turned up' & 'it's so difficult for a circuit to make money these days' etc ... I wonder why when there is so much of a struggle to get one simple answer and how costly would it really be to open up the infield?  Huh
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2007, 01:11:40 pm »

As far as I understood the LMS organisation have to rent the circuit for this race, so that should cover the costs for the SRC. As for the campsite, the bogs and showers are already there, so only the cleanup on the Monday after the race of the infield would be the extra costs, plus a bit more security at the gate. I guess they either ask too much money for the infield, or they are just not bothered with the hassle of organising it Undecided

Drinking for Holland
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2007, 01:54:33 pm »

Just a minor point,  but this has nothing whatsover to do with the SRC (Silverstone Racing Club)!  It is an issue with SCL (Silverstone Circuits Limitd) and the LMS Organisers.

Plenty of people having been banging on at SCL about camping for all sorts of events,  usually to no avail!  Although I did notice that the MGCC were succesful in getting camping arranged inside the circuit and did have two distinct areas,  quiet and not so quiet!  So it can be done,  but I think it is all down to whoever has hired the circuit and if they have hired the whole shooting match!

Still if every one keeps on at SCL and the organisers you never know,  but in years to come there might be a proper campsite setup.  But don't hold your breath....

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2007, 02:09:02 pm »

Although I did notice that the MGCC were succesful in getting camping arranged inside the circuit and did have two distinct areas,  quiet and not so quiet!  So it can be done,  but I think it is all down to whoever has hired the circuit and if they have hired the whole shooting match!

If memory serves me correctly, the MGCC (and the ability to camp and everything else with it) at Silverstone goes back many years, to the 3 organisations who stumped up the money for the BRDC to buy Silverstone from the Air Ministry after the war.  The MGCC was certainly one and i think that the others were the Bentley Drivers Club and the Peterborough Motor Club.  As a result, in gratitude for that, those 3 clubs have always had a weekend event to themselves at Silverstone.  Plus, the MGCC event involves an absolute army of volunteers doing everything from directing car parking, campsite running, and the clearing up afterwards.....

MG Mark 

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2007, 02:16:19 pm »

Just a minor point,  but this has nothing whatsover to do with the SRC (Silverstone Racing Club)!  It is an issue with SCL (Silverstone Circuits Limitd) and the LMS Organisers.

Hmm, yes. Sorry... Got the abbreviations mixed up

Drinking for Holland
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2007, 02:30:36 pm »

Whittlebury Hall then?
I vote that we just get the thing booked - dare say we can have a good time wherever we are and there are decent facilities there.
All agree?

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2007, 02:37:40 pm »

Well I think I'm going to come now, so Whittlebury Hall sounds OK to me. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2007, 02:39:10 pm »

We should be there with Chateau Piglet on the officials campsite.  Feel free to wave on your way past the fence  Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2007, 03:59:00 pm »

Whittlebury Hall sounds good to me. I camped there once for the GP and was happy with it. A 10 minute walk (max) to Copse Corner and a 5 minute walk to the local pub if need be. The facilities were good, clean bogs and showers and they were permenant blocks not just shipped in for the weekend. If they let us have the field nearest the circuit we will be well away from any other punters so there shouldn't be any noise complaints. I don't recall if there was electric hook up in the bottom field.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2007, 04:25:02 pm »

Whittlebury Hall then?
I vote that we just get the thing booked - dare say we can have a good time wherever we are and there are decent facilities there.
All agree?

Steve

I agree - I think that between us we have exhausted all other avenues.  I will book later today.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: