Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 04:09:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maison Blanche  (Read 15154 times)
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2004, 04:27:19 pm »

Been going to Le Mans since 1987, camped in Garage Vert car park (oops), Houx annexe, Houx and Expo, but never in MB.

Will be arriving Thursday mid afternoon, what is MB like for space at that time. Expo was a nightmare by then last year, great fun knocking tent pegs into concrete. Only redeemed by the mobile shower truck brought by the danes!

Cheers  Grin
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 04:30:38 pm »

You should be alright on Thursday it is the friday lot that will have to worry. I am arriving on Wednesday lunch but am hoping that some space can be marked off for us as this year we have sh*t loads of gear.
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 04:42:52 pm »

i think we turned up on weds last year at about 7pm and there was loads of room then. unfortunately it all turns into a bit of a blur after that so i can't really remember what thursday was like...
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 08:41:45 pm »

There's generally quite an inrush around lunchtime Thursday, when the overnighters from Caen & Le Havre arrive. But so long as you don't need a footy pitch you should be OK.
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 01:32:21 pm »

Thanks for the info guys. Depleted pary this year (3 only), so no footy pitch required.

Counting the days!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 01:36:07 pm »

There's generally quite an inrush around lunchtime Thursday, when the overnighters from Caen & Le Havre arrive. But so long as you don't need a footy pitch you should be OK.

We'll be in that rush then!!  And we will need a footie pitch!!  Undecided
6 Cars, 2 Trailers, 16 Tents, 4/5 Gazebos.

If only we knew someone who was getting down there on teh Sunday or Monday who might be able to save us a large space???  Smiley
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 01:47:58 pm »

Well that was poor planning wasn't it JP!! Undecided

The bit I go on is very exclusive and doesn't have enough space for that much stuff!

1) belt down from the ferry and don't stop, so you are there ahead of the pack
2) you will easily find enough spoace for what you;ve got, but chances are it won't be together...
3) If you can supply suitable posts and rope I can try to rope off an area, but there isn't much one can do if someone beats you to it...although Felix's area (by the Liverpool Boys) stayed intact pretty much till Friday IIRC. Maybe they could annex some land next to their bit for you, it'd be easier for them to keep an eye on?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 03:15:10 pm »

That's what I'm hoping for!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley

I've got some "Police Line - Do Not Cross tape that I can get to them.

Maybe I'll have to get up extra early on the Sunday morning before the race(or just stay up late on the Saturday night) and open up JP Chenet's Breakfast Stop as compensation??  Wink
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 05:13:06 pm »

Just get SOMEONE to place a reserved for Felix's chippy sign, even the ACO mafia were totally baffled by it, and give everyone credit all that stopped looked and moved on,it only got took over late on the Friday by a group of Hell's Angles from Basildon, I can hear the words still to this day it was F**K Felix lets start to rave.
Brian.
PS, I think Smokie still has the sign, he took it as a memento..

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 05:42:20 pm »

Me??? Shocked Shocked

Don't think so... did I?

If I did, it's lost!
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 08:31:21 pm »

Smokie - were we lucky to get the spot we had last year up the top of the track (to your left as you looked at the circuit), or is this not part of the "exclusive" bit to which you refer. Arriving Mon as you know, so unless this is the rgular spot of someone else, I'm hoping barrier tape won't be required? I'm not on Felix/Liverpool Boys turf am I?

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
IanB
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 09:03:38 pm »

Lets not spoil this site and have to resort to threats of knee cappings and arson attacks. you will be fine by the fence a la 2003, caal for a beer
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 09:05:19 pm »

There was "front row" vacant when we arrived on Monday, but as you know, it soon fills.

The "exclusive" bit is the triangle behind the crappers, on the other side of the road from the front row. There was a big Winnebago on the corner last year with an older couple whose names I can't recall, plus powermite and his crew, and us...

Liverpool boys were back towards the entrance from us, alongside the access road (i.e. on one of the larger "fields" IIRC. It was a problem for us as whenever we went out, we felt obliged to stop and partake...

Felix was backing onto them... roadside rather than trackside
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 11:01:42 pm »

I have taken the executive decision to send out the advance party ( will be there a few hours before me ) in the sports car to come and bag a good spot, hopefully before the rest of the Thursday afternoon set arrive !

JPC -I too have Police Barrier tape - Where did you nick yours from !

I think a few others wanted some with their t shirts so .........

Anyway should be lots of it.

Anyone want some CBRN tape, Looks flashy orange and has POLICE - CBRN - Bio Hazard Warning - ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 01:13:05 am »

One of our crowd has affiliations Robbo!!  Wink

We have some Hazard tape too, but it is much thinnner. As we were some of the last to leave Expo a couple of years ago it seemed a great laugh to circle/seal the toilet block with it. Believe me, at the end of the weekend it WAS a hazard!!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: