Club Arnage
May 14, 2024, 06:43:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maison Blanche  (Read 14886 times)
nbarker
CA Veteran

Le Mans since 1989

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2003, 01:22:34 am »

Hmmmm. Fireworks....

Well, having paid a visit to my friends who import them from China, my shed is now a bomb waiting to happen, being fully laden with all manner of explosives. Please God don't let a spark come near my car on the way down.

This part of post removed. Please be aware that this site won't tolerate racial bias. Da Mod.

He also gave me a box of several hundred small rockets - just the sort of thing for horizontal launching.

I must confess, the temptation to booby-trap something for the thieving pikey's^H^H^Hcultured local folk is tempting.

Grin
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 08:23:05 am by smokie » Logged

--
Neil Barker
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2003, 09:24:54 am »

Sorry to do the captain sensible bit - I love the vertical firework battles as much as the next guy (even at 3am) but can you advise us all exactly where you are going to be loacted?   That way we can make sure we are miles away when you decide to launch rockets horizontally.  The prospect of horizontal fireworks in the midst of pi**ed/sleeping crowds cocooned in nylon tents and nylon sleeping bags, surrounded by cars and fuel is not an entertaining one.   Not being a killjoy - just have had first-hand experience of dealing with the results of such accidents and 1) Nylon burns bloody quickly, melts and sticks to skin 2) Individual in tent in sleeping bag will not survive  3) The results are not pretty.   Nuff said.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2003, 09:30:33 am »

And I'd assumed he MUST have been joking about that...it's worrying that it might have been a serious comment!
nbarker
CA Veteran

Le Mans since 1989

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2003, 10:09:34 am »

And I'd assumed he MUST have been joking about that...it's worrying that it might have been a serious comment!

Errrr yes.

Did people really take that seriously ?

Jeesh....

--
Neil Barker
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2003, 10:10:57 pm »

Neil - glad it wasn't serious - I enjoy Le Mans and all that goes with it as much as the next bloke, but that just touched a nerve, as you might have gathered from my post.    All the best,

Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: