Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 01:38:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suit jacket for Classic?  (Read 5616 times)
69volvo1800

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2006, 02:08:37 pm »

Hey all...
I'm backpacking through europe, eventually ending up at the Le Mans classic...  I remember reading a jacket and tie are required to get into the pits.  How true is this?  I didn't bring my suit!

If it is necessary, are there any used clothing stores where I can buy a 5 euro jacket?  Anyone have any old dusty ones in closets that they would want to unload?

Cheers...  Thanks

ps.  Is gilles still around?  Just busy with race stuff...
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:22:48 pm »

Hello Mr Volvo, how was the wedding? 

I can't answer the suit jacket question properly but I seem to recall the previous discussion centred on "smart dress" so trousers and a shirt rather than shorts and a t-shirt.   We went into the Paddock last time and neither of us had jackets but we had media passes and probably nobody expects the media to be smart anyway!!   I think the absolute no-no is jeans......

Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer soon.  Enjoy your travels! 
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 02:25:53 pm »

Both in 2002 and 2004 I got into the Paddock area in Shorts and T-Shirts. Would not rely on it though!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 03:58:44 pm »

Most of the supermarkets do dirt-cheep clothes.   What size are you - could put a spare in the car.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
69volvo1800

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 05:35:16 pm »

Hey...

The wedding went great!  And besides the heat, we are enjoying our honeymoon!

I've got a short sleeved button down shirt and khakis pants.... so most think this is ok?

If others are bringing a jacket...  that would be great if you could throw something in the car termie...  I'm quite small-thin.  I'm not sure what size number I would be. 
Certainly if you had anything it would work great....  As the day approaches hopefully I'll have a better idea. 

Cheers...   looking forward to it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 05:48:38 pm »

Last classic we entered all the pits/paddocks in shirts and shorts, no one battered a croissant.  Didn't look like scruffs but didn't need jacket and tie, like you do at Goodwood in the members areas.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 06:15:52 pm »

Just received an email from the ACO extolling the benefits of membership at the Classic.  Amongst other things:

Paddock Access - free to members - 'Smart dress code is reqd for access to paddock'

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 11:19:30 pm »

Just received an email from the ACO extolling the benefits of membership at the Classic.  Amongst other things:

Paddock Access - free to members - 'Smart dress code is reqd for access to paddock'

Del

Have a look here for a typical Paddock scene from last Classic.  I must admit we had packed jackets and ties just in case, the tickets then said jacket and ties, but in reality it was far too hot, so common sense prevails, be a bit different if it was Buck House.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/168886058/1168887186057940427ZUxZBl

Even at the Ferrari Owners Club it was low key and very casual.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/168883039/1168883313057940427LzAkTK
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 11:09:16 am »

Look out for me in Parking blanc - Ill be the one selling Mr Termite's old suit jackets and ties at five euros a pop!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
69volvo1800

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 01:48:40 pm »

Hey all thanks for the replies.

Ok, we are going to wing it and see what happens.  We hopefully don't look too scruffy, even after backpacking for a month. 

Cheers
See you soon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: