Club Arnage
May 07, 2024, 10:30:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most memorable moment ??  (Read 7706 times)
stevie43_uk
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2005, 11:27:11 am »

Compared to last year, we thought there were fewer gendarmes patrolling Indianapolis on 'Mad Friday'

We managed to get loads of burnouts without them spoiling it too much ......not like last year.

Most memorable moment was being asked to ' Show those hairdressers in their Boxster pussymobiles how to light the rears up' outside the pub by the main entrance. We were in an F reg red 420 hp 911.

6500 rpm and a dropped clutch followed by a 5m line of rubber brought a huge roar from the crowd....thanks guys....we loved doing it

Sorry to the Twingo driver in front that we almost ploughed into.....thanks to AP for their six pot calipers !!!!

Roll on 2006 !!!
Skoff
CA Veteran

Drive it like you stole it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 11:34:19 am »

It has to be seeing Aston 59 come out of the garage just in time to do a last few laps before the end of the race...

Beer bellies are the new sixpack...
Mr.Urai
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 11:51:06 am »

I guess my most memorable moment was seeing the Ferrari nr. 92 spinning in Karting, almost hitting 3 others.
The most memorable moment off the track was the little tornado (or something like it) that came by and blew a few party tents, including ours, meters up in the air on Maison Blanche! Some say it was a heli, but I didn't hear any prior to the launch of our tent...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 12:10:04 pm by Mr.Urai » Logged
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 12:08:27 pm »

Most memorable moment for me was all the funny looks I was getting walking around with green hair on race day...

mdh-photography.co.uk
DavidJames
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 01:51:02 pm »

Watching an F50 having to be push started outside the restaurants in Arnage after stalling it  Grin Grin
Neil
CA Veteran

I'm a ginger llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 05:43:13 pm »

Being challenged to drink a 75cl bottle of Jack Daniels between my mate and me in Speed Chills in under 10 mins, or buy all the 12 boys a beer. downed the bottle in 15 secs.

If anyone found my Liver in MB please can I have it back. Huh Huh Huh Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Tongue

God made man, Man made Le Mans, Le Mans made CA Llamas.
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 06:02:46 pm »

what a fantastic Le Mans, the T.W.A.T.S. sponsored BAM! Porsche won GT2 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

highlights:-
Thursday night qualifying
I was wearing  Leo Hindery's race suit lending against the pit wall watching qualifying and going anywhere I pleased Cheesy
BAM! getting pole position Smiley

Friday
all a blur, was found sleeping on a bank outside camping blue Wink

Saturday
T.W.A.T.S startline banter with everyone, soaking half the crowd with ice cold water from our infamous wheelie bin whilst standing on it. Being on the starting grid for the second year in a row and getting very close to the Hawaiian tropic girls. Shampoo bar of course.

Sunday
Watching from BAM! pit garage, again on pit wall for finish and podium, seeing our boys lifting the GT2 trophy.

PRICELESS

p.s.
Lowlight
getting breathalised Sunday morning when driving to the swimming pool, after such a big day and night I was expecting to visit the local french jail but obviously the meter was not working right becasue it recorded 0.0 on the display  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
moped boy
CA Veteran

beer makes life btr, its pretty bad so drink more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 06:26:04 pm »

Has to be the poo bar. great to meet everyone, now i have to wait till nxt year...

Life is short, Party Naked!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 09:11:57 pm »

Having my photo taken while mowing the lawn.

I mean what sort of sad person take photos of their Neighbour mowing the lawn?

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 10:01:25 pm »

When both Aston's died almost simultaneously.  I absolutely could not believe it.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 10:26:26 pm »

Rescueing an XK120 near Gace which had run out of fuel.....I just happened to have the odd gallon laying about int the  back of the "Shed".

Meet all the CAers at the poo bar Saturday night.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 10:30:39 pm »

It seems that the local Gemdarmarie were taking pictures of all burnouts at the various portr locations and handing out fines of 360 euro's for the privelidge of showing off at Le Mans.

We left the race early and saw about 15 of the local constabulary checking all cars going to the ferry.....any body able to confirm this latest way of stopping
+"Mad Friday"?
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 12:51:01 am »

My most memorable moment was on Sunday evening after the race at around 9pm.
We were camped at the back of blue car park, but there were a few camped the other side of the perimeter fence on the car park area of blue.
One such Brit decided to take his 4x4 for a high speed spin across the car park which kicked up sh*t loads of dust. About 10 seconds after we had called him a right w**k*r, there was a loud bang as he it one of the 45 gallon oil drums being used for rubbish bins. He drove back and parked up with his front bumper slightly re arranged where he was greeted by a chorus of "You're sh*t and you know you are !" by the rest of his crew !

Priceless.

Also, later the same night, someone launched one of the said 45 gallon bins approx 50 foot into the air by placing some sort of fireworks or explosives under it !

I don't know how they did it, but it was impressive. I am guessing you can't  buy those fireworks at your local supermarket.
fatboychris
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 01:03:30 am »

Got stopped on the south side of Gace (I think) on the way down....  Mortorcycle wanted to get passed, pulled over to the right, to see him pull in infront of our car infront.  Pulled me in, went to passenger side, said bonjour, looked in car, decided he was on the wrong side, walked round to me, checked my license, and waved me on. All because my co-pilot was on the walkie talkie, mobile, and looking at maps at the same time....

..........daft twat................!!!!!!!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 01:14:02 am »

Riding the ENTIRE track on my new moped on sunday afternoon. Something new for me this year.

Ogh and the MG ( rml )  No 25 winning LMP2. Well done chaps.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: