Club Arnage
May 21, 2024, 11:20:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why wont  (Read 11488 times)
fidget
« on: August 10, 2005, 02:01:54 pm »

Men take Women to Le Mans ?

I want to know.  Huh
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 02:11:33 pm »

A lot of men who don't want to take women are married and view Le Mans as a chance to drink heavily and engage in drunken banter with other like-minded chaps without their partner criticising or complaining all week.

I know for certain that my wife would lack any enthusiasm needed to build a successful beer wall and at frequent points would mutter the despised words "Don't you think you've had enough?"

I'm not saying that all women are like this (in fact many men do take their wives, girlfriends etc - they are just lucky enough to have partners who like doing the same things as them) but I think the majority of CA'ers are in the same boat.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 02:37:46 pm »

Some of us girls even allow our men to come along as well.... Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 02:53:02 pm »

In our group of 18 this year, we had 4 ladies (3 had been to Le Mans before).

They were quite happy to  "..... drink heavily and engage in drunken banter with other like-minded chaps".

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pam the Weather
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 04:28:40 pm »

Fidget,

in some instances this may be true.  Our mixed group had a fab time with us girls giving the guys a run for their money, mostly wimping out to our superior drinking abilities.  There may lay the true reason why us girls don't get invited.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 04:58:58 pm »

Where's JPChenet when you need him?

We had two girls in our group and we all had a great time drinking, talking etc.

It takes a certain sort of person to really get on at Le Mans, be they male or female and if the other partner doesn't like that sort of thing then they wouldn't enjoy it. My wife doesn't so I won't take her (plus she'd ruin it for me).

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 06:36:32 pm »

Just as a point of clarification, we didn't have two girls in our group, they were gate crashes.  The team ruling was to be non-female after the mess one female caused last year and with the same effect this year.

Personally i don't think they added anything except for a couple of guys who had their tongues hanging out all the time.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 06:38:00 pm »

KKOC are men only.  The ingredients of cars, drink, misbehavin' and living in a field for a week, just don't appeal to most women, and we've gone to escape them and the things that do appeal to them........

- except shopping.  My wife still wants to know how I can spend 2 hours in a French supermarket, when I get grumpy after 10 minutes in Sainsburys.  Something to do with the fact I can't read the labels, the size of the booze section, and the amount of stock that needs liberating etc etc

Does anyone else have this problem - I seem to spend ages in Carrefour checking out the camping equipment/pools/toys/bicycles spares etc

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 07:07:54 pm »

The grass is alway greener on the other side syndrome !

I can spend hours in Walmart doing the same thing when i visit the United States (except i can read the labels) !

20 minutes in Asda, however is far too long for my liking !
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 09:04:29 pm »

Just as a point of clarification, we didn't have two girls in our group, they were gate crashes.  The team ruling was to be non-female after the mess one female caused last year and with the same effect this year.

Personally i don't think they added anything except for a couple of guys who had their tongues hanging out all the time.

I wasn't in your group FS, we were camped at the far end of MB. The reason I was looking for Mark to join in is that I know he has a no women rule and I thought he would be best placed to explain it. However you have done so admirably.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 09:33:54 pm »

However, as noted by Mr Spider, the JPC group did 'inherit' two girls this year.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 11:34:16 pm »

Sorry if it came out a bit strong.  We had a rule in place and didn't follow it completly and then paid the price.  they were very good at using our shower, swimming pool topless, drinking our drink, eating our food etc.

lets hope next year the rule is enforced.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 01:27:49 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 11:47:31 am »

Does anyone else have this problem - I seem to spend ages in Carrefour checking out the camping equipment/pools/toys/bicycles spares etc

Yep, I'm guilty of that.  English supermarkets on the other hand are wholly unlikeable places and I try to avoid them as much as possible.

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 12:50:06 pm »

It takes a certain sort of person to really get on at Le Mans, be they male or female

I'm in definate agreement to this!! We have a strict "no women" rule (any we may meet there don't count!!) Wink

That said there are some chaps who have become quite distressed at the idea of camping & sharing showers. Quite frankly I have no time for these people so they won't be getting another invite!!
It's all down to the person really, it's just more likely to be a woman who has to go shopping for shampoo, or wants to walk round the town at Saturday lunchtime or stop the drinking by arguing. Angry
My opinion only but I guess it's just easier to be a single sex group??

On the supermarket front: I'm fine spending time in them in France, that said it takes time to fill all those trolleys with beers!! Grin
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 01:32:03 pm »

I must say my wife has no qualms with joining in and if we boys want to be boys no probs there if it gets a bit rowdy she'll take herself off no huffing or remarks and is able stand her own on the drinks front, although she does like the campari which team jpc can never quite understand.

Shopping certainly is not on the agenda as she likes to stroll around the pits and the village or a cycle out to some of the off village bars, very good at the driving as well but still won't drive the Ferrari!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 01:55:38 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: