Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 03:15:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When is the 75th running??  (Read 12412 times)
insta.gator
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2004, 09:19:20 pm »

A buddy and I are planning to make the pilgrimage to Le Mans for the 75th running.  I calculated that to be 2006 but then I read something the other day that made me think that it may be 2007.

Can someone tell me which is correct?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 12:31:34 am »

Go to both, just in case...  Smiley
insta.gator
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 12:45:50 am »

I'd love to attend both but it involves a hop across the pond for me and will be quite expensive.  As a matter of fact, I was thinking I might try to kill two birds w/one stone and tie in a visit to the Goodwood Festival of Speed on the same trip, if the dates work out.  
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 03:26:07 am »

Well said Smokie. Insta-Gator the leap across the pond is getting more expensive every year so sooner is better. Look for flights out of Phily and Miami as they are often good deals. assume you have been to Petit and Sebring. It takes at least 5 days to watch Le Mans
Canada Phil
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 09:26:25 am »

2006 is the 75th edition, and the centenary of the ACO...

... and 2007 is the 75th birthday !!!!

What do you prefer ?

Could I suggest 2006 for the 100 years of the ACO? For some peopl who already been there in 1956 for their 50th anniversary, it was a great celebration.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
insta.gator
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 12:51:10 pm »

Well said Smokie. Insta-Gator the leap across the pond is getting more expensive every year so sooner is better. Look for flights out of Phily and Miami as they are often good deals. assume you have been to Petit and Sebring. It takes at least 5 days to watch Le Mans
Canada Phil

I live in Atlanta.  Petite is just 45 minutes up the road from me.  Been there for the last 5 years.  This March will be my 5th Sebring.  Good stuff.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 02:35:34 pm »

Come and find the Club Arnage area at Sebring in March then!

It's usually fairly obvious, with a large banner up high that says...Club Arnage.

Not far off the main road, behind one of the merchandise shops. You can see it from the stands... Next year there will be (at least) myself, gab, Canada Phil, Chris24, Pidge, Pidge's extended family and any number of other regulars... arriving Wed afternoon (when else? Smiley)

I can't wait!!!
Fax
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 02:55:26 pm »

Hi Gator,
I live up in Cincy and like you have been going to the Petit and Sebring since the late ninties.  I've been to Le Mans six times with some British friends who live both here and abroad.  As Phil said I would be heading there sooner rather than later, the airfare has become terribly expensive (enough to stop me from going for the past couple of years) and the dollar is taking a pretty good pasting against the Euro and Pound.  You'll enjoy Le Mans, very cosmopolitan and evocative atmosphere, some superb eating and drinking to be done.  I will warn you though, don't expect the same sort of spectating we get at Road Atlanta or Sebring (or my home circut Mid-Ohio).  The paying public are placed a hell of a long way from the action at Le Mans, usually having to look over a cement wall, paddock admission is not available without media or competitor creds and the facilites can be character building to say the least.
Fax
insta.gator
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 03:18:12 pm »

Come and find the Club Arnage area at Sebring in March then!

It's usually fairly obvious, with a large banner up high that says...Club Arnage.

Not far off the main road, behind one of the merchandise shops. You can see it from the stands... Next year there will be (at least) myself, gab, Canada Phil, Chris24, Pidge, Pidge's extended family and any number of other regulars... arriving Wed afternoon (when else? Smiley)

I can't wait!!!

Smokie,

Thanks for the invite.  

I'll be there with a buddy of mine.  We have already purchased our tix.  We are doing the Club Sebring for the second year ("free" drinks and A/C).   I'll be sure to look you guys up.   We'll arrive Thursday morning.

-Gator
insta.gator
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 03:20:43 pm »

Hi Gator,
I live up in Cincy and like you have been going to the Petit and Sebring since the late ninties.  I've been to Le Mans six times with some British friends who live both here and abroad.  As Phil said I would be heading there sooner rather than later, the airfare has become terribly expensive (enough to stop me from going for the past couple of years) and the dollar is taking a pretty good pasting against the Euro and Pound.  You'll enjoy Le Mans, very cosmopolitan and evocative atmosphere, some superb eating and drinking to be done.  I will warn you though, don't expect the same sort of spectating we get at Road Atlanta or Sebring (or my home circut Mid-Ohio).  The paying public are placed a hell of a long way from the action at Le Mans, usually having to look over a cement wall, paddock admission is not available without media or competitor creds and the facilites can be character building to say the least.
Fax

Thanks for the excellent advice Fax.  I've already been warned about the French public toilet facilities.  Sounds like fun!

-Gator
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 06:48:57 pm »

C  We are doing the Club Sebring for the second year ("free" drinks and A/C).  

-Gator

Forget finding us, we'll come and find you  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 06:49:50 pm by smokie » Logged
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 06:57:34 pm »

........ and the facilites can be character building to say the least.
Fax

especially if it rains.....
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 10:18:37 pm »

........ and the facilites can be character building to say the least.
Fax

especially if it rains.....

At least it dampens the dust down!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 10:32:49 am »

the facilites can be character building to say the least.

To be honest I thought they were ok, considering the number of people using them. No worse than any other circuit I visited, BTCC bogs at Donnington this year were a little unkept by the end of the day.

One woman looking after the toilets at Beausjour this year cleaned after every visit, leaving a clean loo before you got in Grin

Admittedly I haven't visited a wet race yet, when I'm sure it's a lot worse!! It remains a very good cover story to tell those you don't want to join you!!

I can guarantee my luck will run out soon!!
insta.gator
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 01:17:34 pm »

the facilites can be character building to say the least.

To be honest I thought they were ok, considering the number of people using them. No worse than any other circuit I visited, BTCC bogs at Donnington this year were a little unkept by the end of the day.

One woman looking after the toilets at Beausjour this year cleaned after every visit, leaving a clean loo before you got in Grin

Admittedly I haven't visited a wet race yet, when I'm sure it's a lot worse!! It remains a very good cover story to tell those you don't want to join you!!

I can guarantee my luck will run out soon!!

For the benefit of us Yanks, can you tranlate English words (bog, loo) into "American"?    Shocked
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: