Club Arnage
May 16, 2024, 08:45:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's a silly boy then  (Read 10790 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 08:16:13 am »

Ah the mighty F12! Globetrotter perchance?
 My Fave truck as a kid Grin
 Oops- out pops my classic truck fetish again Grin Grin
 Regards the fuel problem- i'd get it drained too. Save the old mixture for cleaning oily parts- it works a treat!
 Ps. Get the old girl rustproofed whilst your underneath- they are shockingly bad for rotting out.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:03 am »

She is being drained today. I ran for a couple of days (about 35 miles) there was no difference in performance or engine sound. On the way home last night the fuel pump started to whine (just like Mrs U when I told her what I had done) so to be on the safe side it's being sorted.

£200 that is gonna cost me plus another tank of DIESEL and they wanted to charge me £60 to get rid of the contaminated fuel. My company's waste oil tank will get a nice top up later today
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:12:20 am by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 10:19:31 am »

£200 to drain a tank of fuel??
 I'm in the wrong game!

Dick Dasterdly was right
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 11:04:45 am »

As usual, I scanned quickly across the 'recent posts' and then ran away somewhere.
After a little while, I had to wonder why Bob U was having Mrs U drained, and exactly how this would happen. Is he going to go private? Is it for the better or worse?
Either way it sounds interesting. Can I be drained too?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 07:49:32 pm »

£200 .......sh*t me thinks you were ripped off, should have cost no more that half that, as for the globetrotter no such luck, just an A plate F12 (1year old) with 330 horses and 16 gears haha but my favorite has always been my old 88 volvo .......that was a proper truck no mod cons (crap heater)  but fun to drive lovely sound too eeeeh I can hear that turbo screaming now as I wound my way up to the mont blanc tunnel  Grin Grin Grin

been there done that doing it again !
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 09:11:40 pm »

£200 .......sh*t me thinks you were ripped off, should have cost no more that half that,

Final bill  £111.80. 1 1/2 labour, a new filter and a couple of gallons of diesel. Happy with that, could have been a whole lot worse. Memo to self, do not attempt to fuel car when suffering from a screaming hangover.

I blame the Welsh. If I hadn't enjoyed seeing them loose to Fiji so much I wouldn't have drunk so much

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
nickliv
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 11:08:30 pm »

Alternatively

http://www.dieselguard.com/

you might look a bit daft every time you open the fuel flap, but not as daft as someone having their tank drained by the AA on a forecourt. Wink
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 04:03:18 am »

my favorite has always been my old 88 volvo .......that was a proper truck no mod cons (crap heater) but fun to drive lovely sound too eeeeh I can hear that turbo screaming now as I wound my way up to the mont blanc tunnel Grin Grin Grin
There's a mint 88 still earning a living around Manchester, he still does a weekly run to italy in it- I would see it on the M60 on Friday afternoon every week- she sounds fantastic!

Dick Dasterdly was right
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: