Club Arnage
May 29, 2024, 01:38:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone LMS, who, when.  (Read 16537 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 10:24:26 pm »

Now Mark, enough of this computer stuff, get your overalls on, I can hear an MGA calling for some attention. It's hard to hear exactly, but I think it's something about poorly onions...

Computer ignored today; the front suspension on both sides of the MGA is now stripped, cleaned, and the poorly onions duly diagnosed as one particularly worn driver's side kingpin and lower trunnion, with some play in the other side.  Threads on both kingpins worn and thin.   

So, I dropped them off with my man today, who confirmed the diagnosis, and is obtaining 2 shiny new kingpins and 4 new trunnions for me.  Everything else was fine suspension, hub, stub axle and brake-wise, so it should be a simple Haynes manual "reassembly is a simple reversal of the disassembly procedure" when the replacement bits arrive, and the MGA will be back on the road in fine fettle with no steering wheel shake!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 11:24:16 pm »

A superb weekend - Beer festival on friday, on to Silverstone on Saturday to recover, before accidently getting smashed on Saturday night and sleeping without a tent in my sleeping bag.  Paramedics, Threats of police action, roly polys round the campsite, Random Reading supporters who thought all their Christmases had come at once, Luc Alphand, Drinking in the paddock bar, Ruptured Zarse, What do you need a dinghy for we're at a flaming motor race, I don't need to be any more wet than I already am, where's my sh4g...tobacco, she's gone to s*** out a kidney....and so on and so forth....

Savage, but utterly brilliant!!

Grin

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 12:40:21 am »

Didn't manage to meet up with any of you but my son experienced his first LM style event in preparation for future LM visits  Grin

Thanks to Janice Minton, it was a bit special too  Grin

Queues for "Our Nige" were as expected but the 008 drivers and the Spyker boys were real gents. Souvenirs to be treasured  Smiley

Still sifting through the shots but here's a sample of the aforementioned moustachioed one on track.....

* IMG_1552.jpg (123.72 KB, 1200x800 - viewed 317 times.)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 02:01:52 pm »

Just went on race day and arrived in time for the autograph session. Got chatting to Lord Drayson and he invited us into the garge to look at the new Lola Coupe before it's shipped out to Road Atlanta yesterday. Looks well smart, so i hope they do well with it, but they have only done 5 laps testing on the short Silverstone circuit.

Walked the entire track but didn't see a single person from Club Arnage but did bump into Andy Wallace out at Becketts so stopped for a chat.

Really enjoyed the race and it was nice to have a full on motor race without any safety car periods. Not had chance to down load the pictures yet but did take around 1400
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 05:54:35 pm »

Not had chance to down load the pictures yet but did take around 1400

Bl00dy 'ell! Shocked Makes me wonder how you handeled things during the Kodachrome time Wink

When are you leaving for Bathurst, Chris?

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 10:36:58 pm »

Yes I had to be a bit more selective in the old film days. Maximum was 10 rolls of 36 exposure film per event but it cost me a fortune in processing. So glad to have digital now.

I leave for the Bathurst trip on 30th September so not long now. Also taking in sprint Cars at Parramatta, NRL Grand Final at ANZ Stadium, Bridge Climb, Bathurst, then a few days in Perth and finally Melbourne and the Moto GP at Philip Island. Stopping at Singapore for two days on route. So I really can't wait for it now.

Regards
Chris
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 11:34:55 pm »

A superb weekend - Beer festival on friday, on to Silverstone on Saturday to recover, before accidently getting smashed on Saturday night and sleeping without a tent in my sleeping bag.  Paramedics, Threats of police action, roly polys round the campsite, Random Reading supporters who thought all their Christmases had come at once, Luc Alphand, Drinking in the paddock bar, Ruptured Zarse, What do you need a dinghy for we're at a flaming motor race, I don't need to be any more wet than I already am, where's my sh4g...tobacco, she's gone to s*** out a kidney....and so on and so forth....

Savage, but utterly brilliant!!

Grin
I have heard it was actually quite dull and all the above is boll8cks. I'm glad I didn't go. The pictures are rubbish and everyone looks bored.
Its because I  wasn't there!  Shocked Hehe

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 11:51:37 pm »

if it makes you feel better Rex - yes - it was horrendous, boring, and nothing fun happened at all... and it was ALL because you weren't there.... Grin Grin

See you at a gig soon?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 11:57:38 pm »

Having a stag party complain is marvelous. Must have been queers! Evil

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2009, 01:13:36 pm »

A great weekend. Nice to meet up with Nobby Diesel.

Had the pleasure of seeing this:

In the back of this:

Which ended up doing this:

Obligatory Astons

GT1:

GT2:

The last time for GT1 Saleen & Corvette:

More photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13953963@N04/

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 09:35:54 pm »

Great photos Ade - that turbine thing was hugely impressive to watch....it took about 5 laps before I worked out that it wasn't any old normal car.....

Does anyone know the history of it - I've never seen it before and it fascinates me as to whether it was ever in any way competitive.

See you at a gig soon?
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2009, 09:47:48 pm »

Evening Ade.

Lovely to meet you last weekend and great pictures.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2009, 01:40:54 pm »

Great photos Ade - that turbine thing was hugely impressive to watch....it took about 5 laps before I worked out that it wasn't any old normal car.....

Does anyone know the history of it - I've never seen it before and it fascinates me as to whether it was ever in any way competitive.
http://website.lineone.net/~pete.stowe/pete_howmet.htm

I only saw it raced in anger once myself - the Guards Spring Cup at Oulton.  Those were the days.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:43:04 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: